+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Calling all Brisbane/Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast Ivf Ladies

I am having to change clinics because the clinic in Twmba is to expensive, so thinking of travelling for Ivf, but now we just have to decide where to go.

So I am wanting to hear from ladies doing IVF in the above areas.
    Which Clinic are you using?
    Which Doctor?
    Apporx cost involved in IVF ICSI and Tesa?
    What success have you had?

Thanks ladies hopefully this will my our minds up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with Monash Gold Coast under the care of Dr Kee Ong and he is quite simply amazing. We had a horrid experience with our first clinic and haven't looked back since switching to Monash.

We haven't had success yet but I have every confidence that we will. Kee is always available via phone or email and treats you like someone who actually has a brain in your head, addressing concerns and explaining things. I really can't recommend him enough and know so many ladies who went to him after failures elsewhere and had success with him.

Cost wise IVF+ICSI is about $8,500 our old clinic was cheaper but you get what you pay for. I'm sorry I don't know TESA costs as we haven't needed it.

good luck making your decision

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kalliope thanks for your reply. I have found when I have rung a few different clinics they give you only the IVF ICSI costs, but not all the other costs involved such as doctors fees, etc, so thats frustrating. $8,500 is alot cheaper than the $12 we need, but are there any other fees of any other kind.
    So if anyone else replies can you tell me how much upfront fees you paid, so it includes all the hidden fees, thanks heaps Ladies

I am so excited to be able to do it again....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm with kalli!

I am too with dr kee ong! And well.. Quite frankly I love the guy!

Like kalli said he treats you like a person and not a number, what amazes me the most is that any time I email him he gets back to me straight away... Literally I emailed the man on a Sunday night and he got back to me an hour later, 8pm at night!
    I had a cycle recently and got 9 follies 5 being empty so instead of letting me cycle again and just hoping he wants me to have surgery, which I think us a much better idea than risking another $8500 to get nothing!

Best of luck!!
    Last edited by jessesgirl; 18-10-2011 at 21:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you ring Monash in the morning they will email or post a cost sheet to you! That's what I did!
    😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    leannemc - i understand how you feel, im looking into IVF for the first time (partner had a vasectomy 10 years ago) and looked at the Toowoomba clinic last week and their costs and even a few clinics on the Gold Coast and Brisbane. Toowoomba quoted me approx. $1100 before the rebate.
    City Fertility in Brisbane and Gold Coast has a No Upfront Fees option where they charge your credit card the day before the Egg Retrieval and send the Medicare forms that day so you are only out of pocket for 2-3 days, which is great if you have the money to pay the full amount at once.
    Were actually looking at going to the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney as they only charge the out of pocket costs, adding in flights and accommodation i think we can still manage it being cheaper and more affordable than having it done here, and we get a holiday. It helps we have friends in Sydney, who just happen to have gone through IVF and understands it all.

I really don't understand why its so expensive...it sucks tho..

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi leannemc

These are the additional costs that I've paid. They are total figures (not just the OOP) so there are rebates to take into account.

Monash IVF

First visit/consult: $250 for you and $85 for hubby, you get all of hubby's fee back from medicare

Subsequent non-IVF visits $100 + $30 if it includes a scan (so if you need a monitoring cycle etc)

Investigative costs (will depend on your history) but I had about $900 costs total (hysteroscopy, curette & cervical dilation)

Bloods (non-IVF) you pay the medicare amount and get the whole amount rebated - costs have ranged from $20 to $60

IUI: $950

IVF+ICSI $8500

IVF fees cover visits & bloods during the cycle.

My previous clinic was City Fertility, we did a straight IVF cycle there and their fees are as follows (iirc you can add about $600 for ICSI). As I've said before I wouldn't recommend them but that's just my experience, I do know girls who have had great experiences and some that have had terrible ones - the same probably goes for most clinics but I have never heard a bad word about Kee at Monash.

First consult (depends on Dr so can only quote fees for mine) $160

Subsequent non-IVF visits $85 + $33.25 if it includes a scan

Investigative costs - they didn't do any

Bloods (non-IVF) - whatever the pathology charges, I've had up to $160

IVF $6400

IVF fees cover visits & bloods during the cycle.

I hope that helps
    Last edited by kalliope; 19-10-2011 at 08:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies ladies

Katrea, I also found out info from westmead fertility clinic sydney, they do the no upfront fee too ( well kinda, it is only $1450) it sounded great but I have never been to syndey so I have no idea about transport accomadation etc, so I just thought it would be easier doing it closer to home.

Kalliope, Thats great info thanks, I just received my info pack from Monash today so will have a look and see.
    With the amounts you have said, what about costs for Hospital stay, anethesist, doc fee,planning fee etc? My clinic quoted me, another $1250 doc fee surgi center (where collection and transfer are done) is another $1500approx(no medicare rebate) anethesist $450 tesa lab prep $270,ivf icsi $7622 and there seems to be another $1200 for something else but not sure what? will have to call them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Just reading these posts made me happy. My husband and I are going to see Dr Kee Ong next week for the first time. Great to know you speak so highly of him. Totally scared because I know this is just the start of a really long expensive journey. I am sure it will be worth every cent if we get a healthy baby.

Feel better now it's sometimes hard to find a good Dr in any field.

Thanks best of luck to everyone :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to March2011 For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi leannemc,

We used the fertility centre at springwood. They're only relatively new but I believe they're a sister to qfg. They're costs are very low, because they do everything on site, they do epu under light sedation, and they give you a lower dose of the meds as they're aiming for quality of eggs not quantity. We just did our first ivf cycle with them and luckily for us we have been successful, we're just waiting to see how many took. They're costs are, 330 on your 2nd visit and about half that back from Medicare, that's for all bloods and testing, $900 when we picked up the meds, and the final payment we don't pay until we get the cheques from Medicare, we only pay the difference which is approx 1285. Then we take the last two receipts back to Medicare and we get approx 1350 back. So at the end it's around 1500 out of pocket. However if you don't succeed at your ivf treatment, your subsequent rounds are approx 550 each time within a calander year. The nurses and drs there are all really good, I believe a few of the come over from monash.
    we did go to life fertility as well but they're costs we're 11000, which was just way to much for us.
    Also the fertility centre only do ivf and icsi.

Hope this helps a little, goodluck
    Last edited by Tamm32; 25-04-2012 at 14:53.