+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I have already admitted Im a bogan....so I can tell this story.

Here's me, trawling though online pages trying to find something fancy and yummy to cook for dinner for a change while DS is out for the night and me and DP have the house to ourselves. DP says we will decide what to cook when we get to the shops. What did we decide on.............................Steak, eggs and chips Now thats bogan-romantic
    I think it would be more Bogan if you had jazzed it up, Jamie Oliver style..and served it with tomato's on the vine and unpeeled garlic cloves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I have already admitted Im a bogan....so I can tell this story.

Here's me, trawling though online pages trying to find something fancy and yummy to cook for dinner for a change while DS is out for the night and me and DP have the house to ourselves. DP says we will decide what to cook when we get to the shops. What did we decide on.............................Steak, eggs and chips Now thats bogan-romantic
    It's bogantic!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nothanksbye View Post
    I think it would be more Bogan if you had jazzed it up, Jamie Oliver style..and served it with tomato's on the vine and unpeeled garlic cloves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    It's bogantic!
    Bahahaha!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Male bogan:
    Wears flanno shirts or singlets or both at the same time with the singlet on show. Shorts or torn jeans. Usually has tatts. Drinks beer or spirits usually out of a can or a bottle (no glass involved). Usual footwear is moccies or thongs. Hobbies include getting drunk & going to car racing & car shows etc.

Female:
    Is either overdressed in cocktail type wear to inappropriate places with heels that just look stupid & she can barely walk in or is in black leggins without a top long enough to cover the camel toe & either thongs, flat shoes or ugg boots. They also like to wear skinny jeans regardless of fashion trends. Often can be seen at the races with a fascinator on. Often looks orange from bad fake tan. Hobbies include getting nails & hair done.

Both sexes traditionally drove Holden's and Fords but this has changed in recent years. Both sexes tend to talk like they grew up in the country yet they were usually born in the city. Not quite sure how this happens but it just does.

That's what I think anyway.
    Last edited by Amara; 14-10-2011 at 20:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    for me its alcohol consuming hoons with no respect for their cars(usual holden or ford old a new and spit venom at rival ford/holden driver) or others who walk around swearing alot and generally do not care about their appearance well do as they all wear similar clothes lol and all talk the same

I think bogans have little to no respect for others as their point of view is right and like to talk with their fists. Usually crappy similar tatts and a sense of Aussie pride.

But thats what I think a bogan is... despite the fact I love my ford watching v8's and going to car show and the track, love tatts and have poor sense of fashion and have been known to have a potty mouth when mad
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 14-10-2011 at 20:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Down lights are wasteful ..instead of turning on one light..you now have 8 on!!..

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amara View Post
    Often can be seen at the races with a fascinator on.
    Wearing a fascinator to the races is now bogan?? Quick, someone warn Sarah Jessica Parker before she gets here for Oaks day

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think wearing a fascinator in itself isn't bogan.

I think you need to meet a certain number of criteria.

But bogans do like going to the races, but so do non-bogans, so you would have to look further.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fairyflossfairy View Post
    I think bogans have little to no respect for others as their point of view is right and like to talk with their fists. Usually crappy similar tatts and a sense of Aussie pride.
    I think this is perfect! Well said! That is the one thing that groups them together!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think anyone actually knows what a bogan is, and just use the word to insult people who they deem lower than themselves