Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    BAHAHAHA I LOVE THAT SONG!!!! hehehehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Know why CUBs (Cashed Up Bogans) are coming out of the woodwork? Its because they are working on the mines, making the big money. Whats funny though, is pencil pushing office workers scoff at cashed up bogans like their money isnt as good or something. These cashed up bogans earn more in a day than most office workers in a week and yet they are STILL looked down on. Its amazing to me.
    I think that's why they are called "cashed up bogans" They earn a lot and blow in on random, unecessary junk and gloat about 'how much' they earn as if they are some sort of CEO on the big $$$!

I work with miners and I must admit most I wouldn't even consider bogans. Some of the tradies I come across are major stereotypical bogans but some are fine, well mannered, well spoken, polite etc.

I think 'bogan' is more of a 'vibe' that one puts out lol. I don't think someone who drives a commodore = bogan but somebody who drives a commodore, yells out the window to young women about how 'hot' they are, smokes wingfield red, drinks VB WHILE driving may be a bogan.

I think my brother has a commodore... it's a fancy looking thing... but I'm undecided on whether he is a bogan or not. Very bright man but does drink beer, drive a Holden thing, tradie etc.

I'm only part-bogan.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

delirium  (14-10-2011),SassyMummy  (14-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    for me...

Bogans live in new mcmansions with little or no yard.
    they drive hotted up cars, have the nails sassy talked about.
    they wear "dressy" tracksuits and ugg boots.
    They have my family stickers on their cars (they removed the frangipani and replaced with the family!)
    They wear a lot of bling!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nothanksbye For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (14-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The 'cashed up bogan' thing sounds like what we call 'nouveau riche' in England. It's usually used to refer to people who have a lot of money, but are lacking in 'class'. Very often those people are thought to be aspirational, in that they try to portray what they believe is the image of someone from a higher class than they are, but usually get it wrong. (And the class system is such that to be aspirational is to immediately demonstrate yourself to be of a lower class, if that makes sense).

It's the reason why words like 'serviette' (instead of napkin) are 'lower class', as they were originally used by the lower classes when trying to sound as if they were of a higher class (and not used by the higher classes themselves).

But I digress...

I love social anthropology... very interesting...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    The 'cashed up bogan' thing sounds like what we call 'nouveau riche' in England. It's usually used to refer to people who have a lot of money, but are lacking in 'class'. Very often those people are thought to be aspirational, in that they try to portray what they believe is the image of someone from a higher class than they are, but usually get it wrong. (And the class system is such that to be aspirational is to immediately demonstrate yourself to be of a lower class, if that makes sense).

It's the reason why words like 'serviette' (instead of napkin) are 'lower class', as they were originally used by the lower classes when trying to sound as if they were of a higher class (and not used by the higher classes themselves).

But I digress...

I love social anthropology... very interesting...

Yes!!!! its very Chav!

Burberry everywhere!! hahahahaha

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nothanksbye For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (14-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So if you say serviette you are a bogan?

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregnor View Post
    So if you say serviette you are a bogan?

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**
    Dont even think about buying something nice!

Buying something nice, then taking it home in your Holden or Ford, then putting it on your coffee table with a downlight above it, then eating something and asking for a serviette.......Uber Bogan
    People are making me laugh with what they think is bogan. Snobs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    d
    like shopping at TARZ-ay instead of target?

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    like shopping at TARZ-ay instead of target?
    Funny thing is, the first person I heard use the term "Tarz-ay" was Oprah. Is she a bogan?

(having the funniest mental image of Oprah as a bogan)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Funny thing is, the first person I heard use the term "Tarz-ay" was Oprah. Is she a bogan?

(having the funniest mental image of Oprah as a bogan)
    It's contagious... I now have an image... Grr