+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    From my understanding they let you labor in water but pull the plug for delivery. I searched online and couldn't find anyone in wa who was allowed to keep the water in.

Btw my husbands aunt is a midwife and strongly recommends water births. But she is in the uk and it is common there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No, they actually let you birth in the water. As Trish said, she got in the bath at 9cm and pushing at KEMH (about a year ago), when I birthed at KEMH they wouldn't let you birth in the water (3.5 years ago) but I believe they have changed that policy in the past 3 years and Trishs post confirms that. The midwives at Bunbury Regional are very pro water BIRTHS.
    A lot has changed the past 3 years, maybe do some more recent research.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (15-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went to the kemh and found the info. Things have changed. Wonder if the private hospitals are doing them too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    Same.
    KEMH birth centre does waterbirths, and I was able to birth in the bath at the regional WA hospital near me (but had complications and ended up with an assisted birth)
    I got INTO the bath at 9cm and pushing.
    We're birthing at the birth centre and am considering a water birth. Never really crossed my mind but with them offering it, opened my mind up to the option so will see.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivfhopeful View Post
    I went to the kemh and found the info. Things have changed. Wonder if the private hospitals are doing them too?
    At a guess - probably not.
    Kaleeya, Armadale and Osbourne Park also do water births, found with a quick Google.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Armadale definitely do - I didn't have one last time but they ran the bath for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish! It would be so great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't even like having a bath... I hate warm water and sitting in it... I feel like a crab cooking in a pot. lol.

That said, I plan to have a birth pool when I have my homebirth in future... just in case I decide I want to use it. Would rather have it and not use it than not have one and get angry that I don't...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My third was a waterbirth and my best labour/birth by far! If i get to have another one, will def be going for waterbirth again!

TBH i actually didnt feel a lot different pushing, more found it great for pain relief.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    I had no issue finding a hospital in WA that does water birth deliveries.
    The baby has spent 9 months in amniotic fluid, being born into water is no different to being in amniotic fluid. As long as the tub/pool/what ever is deep enough then there is no risk to the baby. As long as the baby remains under water while it is being born then there is no risk. The baby will only take its first breath when it surfaces.

Which hospital in WA did you use / find out will do water births? Really keen to have a water birth but am unable to find any hospital that will do that in WA