+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i love the idea of a water birth but my hospital wouldnt let me with ds and probably wont with this one either. ask your ob/hospital about it.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i would love to, the water was great with dd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ivfhopeful View Post
    My sister in law had a water birth and loved it. In my opinion if babies were supposed to be born into water you would have a sack on the outside. Hard to find anyone to do assisted water delivery in wa as considered too high risk for insurance purposes. Think water is a great means of relieving pain but at point of delivery should be done in the air. Purely point of view. Good luck.
    ummm you do realise the baby lives inside a bag of water inside of you dont you? The whole transition from water to the outside will happen eventually lol. Its actually a more calm, easier transition to the outside world a baby being born in water. Whats your reasoning and evidence behind your theory that a delivery 'should occur in air'?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    But the baby is in water inside u not air so what difference does it make when u push them out after being inside u in water for 9 months whats 10 more seconds. Your post doesn't really make sense, even if the sacks on the outside the bub would be still be in the sack in fluid not air.
    LOL! I agree! I didnt really understand her post either..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lones View Post
    i had my first bub in a birthing pool, at home 4 months ago and it was amazing. no tears, not even a graze. i didn't actually find labour painful - it was more of a pressure type feeling - but getting into the water took all of the pressure away which made it all feel so relaxed and calm . i have friends who had very painful labours and they said the same thing - as soon as they got into the water it all just melted away. the trick is not to get in too early. my labour was less than 6 hours and i only got in right at the end so i was only in there for 25mins before my little man was born, but it really did feel fantastic. good luck

what techniques did you use to cope before you got into the water? I love reading birth stories like yours!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My sister in law had a water birth and loved it. In my opinion if babies were supposed to be born into water you would have a sack on the outside. Hard to find anyone to do assisted water delivery in wa as considered too high risk for insurance purposes. Think water is a great means of relieving pain but at point of delivery should be done in the air. Purely point of view. Good luck.
    I had no issue finding a hospital in WA that does water birth deliveries.
    The baby has spent 9 months in amniotic fluid, being born into water is no different to being in amniotic fluid. As long as the tub/pool/what ever is deep enough then there is no risk to the baby. As long as the baby remains under water while it is being born then there is no risk. The baby will only take its first breath when it surfaces.
    Last edited by Guest1234; 14-10-2011 at 00:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When we were looking over 3 years ago now they all said we would have to get out of the water at point of delivery. Where did you deliver?

Thanks
    Reviews
    In addition to all the lovely posts about a smooth transition from the womb to world, just wanted to add that waterbirth was also a method used by women before hospital births were "the norm," so its absolutely rubbish that waterbirths are "unnatural" or against natural instincts, IMHO

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeggyMoo View Post
    I had no issue finding a hospital in WA that does water birth deliveries.
    Same.
    KEMH birth centre does waterbirths, and I was able to birth in the bath at the regional WA hospital near me (but had complications and ended up with an assisted birth)
    I got INTO the bath at 9cm and pushing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When we were looking over 3 years ago now they all said we would have to get out of the water at point of delivery. Where did you deliver?
    Bunbury Regional, but KEMH I'm certain do water birth deliveries now too, not certain of any others but I have no doubt there are more out there. I didn't have a waterbirth, I wanted to but there wasn't enough time to fill the bath for me to have one.
    Last edited by Guest1234; 15-10-2011 at 13:09.