+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Waterbirth.... Big YAY over here.

I gave birth to my first 3 months ago and had a great waterbirth. No drugs, no tears just me, DF and the 2 midwives bringing DD into the world. We also had a fresh doctor watching because she was curious about waterbirths.

The whole experience was very peaceful and beautiful. Even though there were four people watching me it still felt very private.

For my next pregnancy, if I don't get into a birth centre for a waterbirth, I will be hiring a birth pool and private midwife and birth at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a drug free home water birth 9 months ago. It was the best experience of my life and the water helped so much with the pain (I only really felt unbearable pain during transition. Other than that it was totally manageable). It was such a blissful, chilled out, peaceful way to bring my DS into the world. I would definitely recommend it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just posted my waterbirth story in the birth stories section if your interested ....Waterbirth as the most amazing experience. No drugs, no tears and so amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had my first bub in a birthing pool, at home 4 months ago and it was amazing. no tears, not even a graze. i didn't actually find labour painful - it was more of a pressure type feeling - but getting into the water took all of the pressure away which made it all feel so relaxed and calm . i have friends who had very painful labours and they said the same thing - as soon as they got into the water it all just melted away. the trick is not to get in too early. my labour was less than 6 hours and i only got in right at the end so i was only in there for 25mins before my little man was born, but it really did feel fantastic. good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely Yay!
    My second was a water birth and it was as amazing as everyone says

Thanks
    Reviews
    i am planning on having my 1st water birth im March with babe #4 i am in WA and having a home birth if everything goes to plan, i have been told that the water is very calming and is great for pain. But its on e of those thing until you are in labour you dont know how you will feel but its good to have all your options set up and ready to go. we will have the birth pool set up in the lounge i also plan on doing lots of movement so have a ball and will try and walk a fair bit. i have been watching a few water births and i think they are very beautiful

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW- thankyou ladies so much for your responses. I am really leaning towards water birth ATM, but I think I need to research where in Adelaide they do it & what I need to get organized & obviously concentrate on having a smooth pregnancy! I looove having hot showers & baths when I used to get really painful AF back cramps & the water would just soothe me! So imagining water when I've got x100 cramps sounds amazing! Definitely going to get on YouTube & watch some water births! Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    So many people want water births because of how great they are! It's a very gentle way for bubs to come in to the world.
    I have planned a water birth all three times and would plan another one if I was having any more children...however all three times I've ended up birthing on the bed (my choice all three times). I am just one of those people who find comforts in the bed at the end of labour and that's okay. I definitely liked having the option though and I did use water as pain relief all three times, just not for the final stage (with my second I was in the shower, quite comfy and then all of a sudden I had this overwhelming urge to get back on the bed and as soon as I got on the bed she crowned.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in Adelaide too and have just decided to do a home water birth for my first. I'm now SO excited for labour lol!! Check out homebirth SA website :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jenrose For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (13-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleighfirgaira View Post
    WOW- thankyou ladies so much for your responses. I am really leaning towards water birth ATM, but I think I need to research where in Adelaide they do it & what I need to get organized & obviously concentrate on having a smooth pregnancy! I looove having hot showers & baths when I used to get really painful AF back cramps & the water would just soothe me! So imagining water when I've got x100 cramps sounds amazing! Definitely going to get on YouTube & watch some water births! Xoxo
    depending on where you are - WCH and Flinders both have facilities to do waterbirth, it just means that you need to let them know asap, but it depends on whether there is a midwife on duty who is qualified for waterbirth (not all of them are). - best option is to try and get into one of their group practice models, because i think most of their midwives are qualified. if you tell them you want a waterbirth (or if you're going through wch, tell them you want a homebirth too ;-) ) they might be more likely to give you one of the positions
    some of the other hospitals have facilites for it as well (mt barker are very pro-waterbirth).

Otherwise there's a good homebirthing network, and i'd say all of the independent midwives will do a home-waterbirth

Goodluck

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post:

jenrose  (13-10-2011)