+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Water Births...yay or nay?!

Hi ladies! After watching "one born every minute" Lydia's water birth made me absolutely cry (when buns came)! So I was wondering can anyone here tell me about their water birth? Or give me advice whether it's a good idea or not? I haven't decided how I will deliver but I'm very open minded! Thanks x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My sister in law had a water birth and loved it. In my opinion if babies were supposed to be born into water you would have a sack on the outside. Hard to find anyone to do assisted water delivery in wa as considered too high risk for insurance purposes. Think water is a great means of relieving pain but at point of delivery should be done in the air. Purely point of view. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm all for it, I think it'd definitely ease the transition from the womb to the world for bubs as well as the pain for mum. I'd like to use one in the future. I know a few people who used them and they were all rapt with the experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Op I saw it too and also got over whelmed with emotion as did my husband.

It got me thinking too lol. After having 1 child with the use of drugs then 1 child without, I think I would bow be interested in trying a waterbiryh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    On the Birth and Labour section there's a sub forum on water birthing. From memory there are some good stories there. Otherwise, do a google search, there is a lot of info out there. That's what I'm aiming for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ivfhopeful View Post
    In my opinion if babies were supposed to be born into water you would have a sack on the outside.
    Well by that logic...if we were meant to wear clothes, we'd be born with them.

If we were meant to have cesareans we'd be born with a zipper (not being anti-section, just trying to make a point).

Just because something isn't the only primal way of doing something, doesn't make it wrong.

Oh and using 'insurance' as proof that its bad, is laughable. I'm sorry, i'm not laughing at you, just at the idea that insurance should be where we decide what's safe or not...not evidence based practice, or other research, but insurance company policies.

OP - wasn't the birth beautiful? I haven't birthed in water, but i've watched dozens of waterbirth clips on youtube. sends chills down my spine each time, but mums always look so chill

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (13-10-2011),Guest1234  (14-10-2011),oops  (07-01-2013),Wippy  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had my first bub and I had a drug free water birth and loved it, no stitches no tears PERFECT highly recommend it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shelby27 For This Useful Post:

jenrose  (13-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ivfhopeful View Post
    My sister in law had a water birth and loved it. In my opinion if babies were supposed to be born into water you would have a sack on the outside. Hard to find anyone to do assisted water delivery in wa as considered too high risk for insurance purposes. Think water is a great means of relieving pain but at point of delivery should be done in the air. Purely point of view. Good luck.
    But the baby is in water inside u not air so what difference does it make when u push them out after being inside u in water for 9 months whats 10 more seconds. Your post doesn't really make sense, even if the sacks on the outside the bub would be still be in the sack in fluid not air.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shelby27 For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (12-10-2011),wrena  (13-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's just an opinion. Like I said my sister in law loved it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know much about them but I have to say both of these videos are particularly beautiful.

http://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2011...p-about-birth/