Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubhub View Post
    In terms of signatures, what we could do is have a special template for approved WAHhubbers where they can include a link to their business together with, say, a WAHhubber 'logo'.

That would distinguish the signature from a normal signature. If we just allow business links in normal signatures, the mods will have a hell of a time editting signatures of less scrupulous members who think it's ok to start adding links because they've seen links in other signatures.
    I really really really really like this idea because it won't flood the hub (new posts) section with people going "hey I have this and this and this and this week it's 27.6% off all red colored shirts" haha etc etc...

But if people are interested in having a look what a particular hubber can make/do/sell... Then you can click on it without it being so "in your face" kinda thing...

This message proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device. Beep beep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh BlissedOut you & I both don't need our addictions helped

Sounds like a great plan
    I want to join once I have mine up & running

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubhub View Post
    We might have an Ambassador, or two, appointed to run the section rather than putting more work on the mods. If actions need to be taken, they can always be reported to our admin team or a mod to carry out, perhaps. But certainly, a couple of people 'responsible' for the section.

Also, with the WAHhubbers Directory. Are you envisaging that in the forum or as a separate directory outside the forum?
    If you were to go down the road of doing sig links where people can apply and someone needs to check out its not dodgy rodger selling fake fendis out of the trunk of his car, I would be happy to get involved in helping to get it going.

This message proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device. Beep beep.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlantic Puffin For This Useful Post:

BH-bubhub  (13-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate All Gone Now View Post
    Oh BlissedOut you & I both don't need our addictions helped
    I am on a spending ban (aside from the things I have on order) until a certain market collaboration that's right up my alley.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I am on a spending ban (aside from the things I have on order) until a certain market collaboration that's right up my alley.
    I was buying & having delivered else where... But I've decided to sell before I buy... Besides I have to pay off Christmas... Darn Harry Potter Lego...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate All Gone Now View Post
    I was buying & having delivered else where... But I've decided to sell before I buy... Besides I have to pay off Christmas... Darn Harry Potter Lego...
    I've been on a UK Duplo shopping spree, my poor bank account.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only thing with the signature is that it might not get noticed. I know myself, I hardly ever look at signatures.
    The special WAHP section would be great for people who are looking for something in particular.

I don't think it should be that we all can post things like sales at random.
    If you decide to split the directory up into sections for different businesses, you can add stickies to each section for sales and offers.

Like the tradies sector could have a sales thread as a sticky and people can put their sales and offers in there. For example: "10% Off pest management this month"

Also, Im more than happy to help out setting this up. I started this thread as I know there are many lovely WAHP's on here that can do with a bit of extra publicity. If I can help in any kind of way, just let me know

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

BH-bubhub  (13-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I've been on a UK Duplo shopping spree, my poor bank account.
    I've been on a sock shopping spree in the US and the UK lol. Yet unfortunately I wont ever get to wear them. They're all going to be cut up and turned into little critters hehe.
    But those socks are quite exxy $7,- a pair, plus post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    I've been on a sock shopping spree in the US and the UK lol. Yet unfortunately I wont ever get to wear them. They're all going to be cut up and turned into little critters hehe.
    But those socks are quite exxy $7,- a pair, plus post.
    UK postage is a fraction of US postage

Have you looked on dhgate.com to buy in bulk?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I did. Its mainly China cheap stuff. Also a lot of them have anti slip soles, so I cant use them either. I need socks that are printed all over. From the tip of the toe upto the leg elastic. Like stripes, dots or argyle types of socks. Oh and I need kneehigh socks mainly. People prefer the long goofy monkeys over the smaller ones.

I did find some shops on ebay and have purchased a few that way. I haven't tried these ones yet, so I only buy a few. If they are a loose weave, it will ruin my bobbin.

Mind you, I have been waiting on an order from the UK for 3 weeks now. I think I'll have to shoot them a message as Im running low on socks

For anyone wanting to make sock critters, please note:

Australia is THE most boring country when it comes to socks!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast