Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubhub View Post
    With a facebook link-back, I'd say that your page likes our page and then our page appears in the featured likes in the left hand column of your page. Does that make sense?
    TBH, I don't think it's really reward enough for Bub Hub. This site is a business and has a huge database of potential customers which has taken a lot of hard work. You charge businesses all over the place to advertise here, I know WAHPs are on a much smaller budget, but $2, $5 a month is affordable for them and means they aren't solely profiting off your hard work.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

BH-bubhub  (12-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Widget View Post
    How can you prevent just anyone from making these?
    An application to list/advertise your business? After approval, you get assigned a status (like the award winners) and directed to an official "make your business ticker link" or given a password to use said official WAHH ticker once your payment goes through?

Would be hectic at first but would keep fraudsters from making fake business links etc...
    That's what I meant sorry, I did mention previously that they could be made like the tickers are made. It'd be nice to give people the option to make their own and have the logo added though.

Mods would have a list of people who have WAHHubber Status that they could check against too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We might have an Ambassador, or two, appointed to run the section rather than putting more work on the mods. If actions need to be taken, they can always be reported to our admin team or a mod to carry out, perhaps. But certainly, a couple of people 'responsible' for the section.

Also, with the WAHhubbers Directory. Are you envisaging that in the forum or as a separate directory outside the forum?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    I noticed yesterday after my first shout out, that page likes actually do count towards your likes. Thats what shout outs are for I think. To attract other business and personal likers. Sort of a "word of mouth" thing.

So do you think we could set something up?

1. A minimum post count of 300+
    2. Businesses are responsible to supply their own proof of purchase by customer, simply by supplying registered/express post or a signed receipt.
    3. A disclaimer that BH is mnot responsible for business transactions gone sour.
    4. Categorize businesses by their services ie. professional, trades, handmade etc.
    5. The forum/directory can be visible for outsiders of BubHub as this will just increase exposure?
    6. Allow Facebook pages.
    7. Perhaps a fee to get rid of fraudsters, like perhaps $5p/month?
    8. Have 1 admin or more be responsible for this new WAHM section, or have 1 admin for each category?

Does anyone want to add or change anything in this list? Please make suggestions if you have any, so we can make this work

^^^^^

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    TBH, I don't think it's really reward enough for Bub Hub. This site is a business and has a huge database of potential customers which has taken a lot of hard work. You charge businesses all over the place to advertise here, I know WAHPs are on a much smaller budget, but $2, $5 a month is affordable for them and means they aren't solely profiting off your hard work.
    Also it isn't guaranteed that the BubHub page is featured as a "like" on your page if you like more than 5 businesses. Its a random thing.
    People would have to click on "see all" to find it.

Also, with the WAHhubbers Directory. Are you envisaging that in the forum or as a separate directory outside the forum?
    IMO I think the forum is the busiest place and will attract more potential customers for the WAHP's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    You can guarantee which 5 pages appear on your fb page. If you go to Edit Page > Featured > Edit Featured Likes you can 'tick' any pages that you particularly want to appear on the front of your FB page. If you only tick 5 to be featured, those 5 will always appear. If you tick more than 5 to be featured, FB will randomly scroll through those.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhhh I wasn't aware of that. I'll go check it out right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We should definitely have a 'tips & tricks' type area for members to discuss things like Facebook. I've learnt lots over the past few months and can share.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-bubhub For This Useful Post:

Misschief  (12-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whereas I only just started a week ago lol. I could definitely do with some tips. Perhaps we can make a poll of where the new WAHP section will be located, within the forum or an outside directory?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have it as a sub-forum, full of stickys for each category, in each thread the WAHHubber posts a blurb and an image relevant to their business, as people don't renew their 'membership' they have their post removed from the thread to keep it current.

The forum gets the best traffic.

We should definitely have a 'tips & tricks' type area for members to discuss things like Facebook. I've learnt lots over the past few months and can share.
    Sounds like a great sticky!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast