Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Widget - Page 'likes' don't add your 'like' count.
    I noticed yesterday after my first shout out, that page likes actually do count towards your likes. Thats what shout outs are for I think. To attract other business and personal likers. Sort of a "word of mouth" thing.

So do you think we could set something up?

1. A minimum post count of 300+
    2. Businesses are responsible to supply their own proof of purchase by customer, simply by supplying registered/express post or a signed receipt.
    3. A disclaimer that BH is mnot responsible for business transactions gone sour.
    4. Categorize businesses by their services ie. professional, trades, handmade etc.
    5. The forum/directory can be visible for outsiders of BubHub as this will just increase exposure?
    6. Allow Facebook pages.
    7. Perhaps a fee to get rid of fraudsters, like perhaps $5p/month?
    8. Have 1 admin or more be responsible for this new WAHM section, or have 1 admin for each category?

Does anyone want to add or change anything in this list? Please make suggestions if you have any, so we can make this work

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

BH-bubhub  (12-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    All sounding feasible atm.

Just one concern about where you draw the line to distinguish what is a WAHP business. Do we make it a bubhub members directory and anyone with more than 300 posts who wants to pay the $5/month can have a listing in there to promote their business?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Happy to link to Facebook - just reiterating that my earlier comments about facebook relate to our business directory, not to something that we might set up in the forum for members.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will have to look into the logistics of the monthly payment. I agree that it keeps the directory current - you're not going to pay $5/month if you are not running the business anymore.

Other option is that it's free but you have to put a link back to Bubhub on your website and/or Facebook page ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could always use itrader for vbulletin, when I ran a forum we had a buy sell and trade section, people could leave feedback after transactions and it was clear the forum was not to be held responsible.

Would website design be allowed? or is that a service?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

BH-bubhub  (12-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    itrader sounds like an option worth exploring.

i think the general consensus is that bubhubber members can promote any wah business - so if it's a service like web design, that's fine. Might need to use you myself when we get swamped here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Would website design be allowed? or is that a service?
    I dont see why not? That would probably fall under a "professional" heading? Like you need to have done a proper course/study to be able to build websites.
    You might find you get quite busy if the WAHP's want to expand from Facebook to a proper website hahaha

I dont mind paying a fee to keep it current, or indeed you can link back to BubHub. Though not sure how that would work with Facebook?
    Like, my page I cant really put any headers on there I think. I can "like" BubHub on Facebook with my page, but as far as I know, that's all you can do with a Facebook page?

On the other hand, if its easy to link back to BubHub, than tricksters would still do just that. People normally get hit the hardest with money. I dont think they'd be prepared to spend $5,- per month just to prank/trick people.

You could set up a PayPal service or even a Direct Debit/Deposit system?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    I dont see why not? That would probably fall under a "professional" heading? Like you need to have done a proper course/study to be able to build websites.
    I do graphic design and build websites, but have never done a proper course or studied? Professional just means you're paid to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    You could set up a PayPal service or even a Direct Debit/Deposit system?
    I'd do it via paypal, direct debit would mean there's no conscious thought to make the payment every month.

I agree that the link back is too easy for someone who's not a serious WAHP to do and it's not a regular monthly thing.

You can add a link to bubhub in your info on your page.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With a facebook link-back, I'd say that your page likes our page and then our page appears in the featured likes in the left hand column of your page. Does that make sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Okay, so my thoughts for the forum are...:
    1. WAHHubber Forum, with a sub-forum called 'The WAHHubber Directory'.
    2. 1 or 2 mods assigned to specifically moderate the WAHHubbers, even current mods, I think Nomsie (?) has a FB business so understands the ins and outs.
    3. $5 fee per month via PayPal in order to retain your 'WAHHubber' status on the forum.
    For the WAHHubber the benefits are...:
    1. WAHHubber in your title on your profile.
    2. An image signature that is the same shape as a ticker and has a 'WAHHubber - BubHub' logo on it that links to their online site/shop.
    3. A listing including a blurb and image in a category thread in 'The WAHHubber Directory'.
    For the greater BubHub community the benefits are...:
    1. Being able to support fellow hubbers in their WAHP ventures.
    2. Being able to discuss WAHP business (but not link to their business in any way) in the forum. Eg. Ideas for market stalls etc...
    Moderation...:
    1. If a Bub Hub member finds a business via the section and is 'ripped off' and can prove it, the hubber will have their WAHHubber status removed at the mods discretion.
    2. 'Illegal' sigs will be identifiable as they wont have the logo.
    3. Bub Hub holds no responsibility for any transactions made through businesses found via Bub Hub.
    I don't think you want to over complicate it. I also think letting people host shops here on BH wont be as successful, as most have successfully trading businesses elsewhere already and those who don't can easily create stores via sites like Big Cartel and MadeIt.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

BH-bubhub  (12-10-2011)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast