Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    In terms of signatures, what we could do is have a special template for approved WAHhubbers where they can include a link to their business together with, say, a WAHhubber 'logo'.

That would distinguish the signature from a normal signature. If we just allow business links in normal signatures, the mods will have a hell of a time editting signatures of less scrupulous members who think it's ok to start adding links because they've seen links in other signatures.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-bubhub For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (12-10-2011),Mod-Nomsie  (12-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What kinds of products and services do you offer as a WAHM/D? I'm wondering about how we organise the forum or Directory and what kinds of categories in order to make it useful and easy to find what you're looking for rather than having to trawl through pages of posts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubhub View Post
    In terms of signatures, what we could do is have a special template for approved WAHhubbers where they can include a link to their business together with, say, a WAHhubber 'logo'.

That would distinguish the signature from a normal signature. If we just allow business links in normal signatures, the mods will have a hell of a time editting signatures of less scrupulous members who think it's ok to start adding links because they've seen links in other signatures.
    Good idea. I'd let them have an image link limited in dimensions so you get more than a business name, you get a visual. So like a ticker, but with their products or whatever and the WAHHubber logo, but they have to put it together and it has to be within dimensions, or have a standard one that they can create like the BH tickers.

I just like pretty things....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BHCommunity View Post
    What kinds of products and services do you offer as a WAHM/D? I'm wondering about how we organise the forum or Directory and what kinds of categories in order to make it useful and easy to find what you're looking for rather than having to trawl through pages of posts.
    Maybe a section with admin created threads for each category and WAHHubbers can post a blurb and image in their category.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd definitely be interested in this I work at my 'normal' job 3 days a week but also have a small WAHM biz (Facebook page). I think it would be a great opportunity for us WAHM/Ps to get our name out there!
    Plus I love buying from other WAHMs! :smile:

** sent from my iPhone cos I'm too lazy to use the computer **

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Maybe a section with admin created threads for each category and WAHHubbers can post a blurb and image in their category.
    That was my initial thought. You could have a section for everything "handmade" (like nappies, toys, etc)
    You could have a section for professionals like accounting, mortgage services, etc.
    Then a section for trades like plumbing, pestcontrol etc.

A friend of mine is doing a plumbing course. She's a single mum and I now she would love to put her services out there. Unless ofcourse they are an employee within a bigger business.

I would indeed limit it to hubbers who have a 500 post minimum.
    BH should not be responsible for transactions gone sour.

To tackle the bit about the "negative feedback", you could ofcourse insist people to use registered/express post so that there's a tracking number if they need to send items. Also if people pick something up, get a receipt book from the newsagent and get the customer to sign.

I really wouldn't exclude Facebook pages as they are super popular these days because they are simple to set up for people like me. I don't have a clue on how to set up a whole website.
    You could even have a minimum of "likers" their page has, to see if it is a trick or a fair dinkum business. For instance a minimum of 50 likers. My page only has 40 as I just started, but that will go up if my friends keep sharing my page with their friends and if you do enough "shout outs".

The one thing to consider is, do we allowed husband/wife teams as WAHP's?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by my*lil*munchkin View Post
    I
    Plus I love buying from other WAHMs! :smile:
    Ditto! I'd much rather support a WAHM than a big profit run business

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think 300 posts is enough, BH is a community and I think you must contribute to be apart of that community and for that community to 'contribute' back to you.

I don't think the FB pages should have a minimum amount of likers, being a WAHHubber could be a great launchpad for a new business.

Widget - Page 'likes' don't add your 'like' count.

Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    The one thing to consider is, do we allowed husband/wife teams as WAHP's?
    Errrr... why wouldn't we?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont know. I guess if the husband runs a business like pestcontrol and the wife does the accounting, its possible that the husband doesn't have a BubHub account.
    IMO they should be allowed, Im just thinking if people want to be nitpicky, they can say "oh but the business is in your husbands name and HE isn't on BubHub, only YOU are"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, great idea. I would like to add my little Facebook page too

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast