Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Morning - I'm not averse to this idea at all. We have kind of discussed it in the office before but do come up against a couple of issues and I'll write more about those in a second.

This is your community - if this is what a reasonable number of members want, then we're happy to go with it.

What I'm going to do is move this whole thread to the Bub Hub Army section where I'm going to let those of you who want this feature drive the thread to get member opinion and draft together your own set of guidelines and rules for the section.

I'll post a new thread in a minute with some things to consider. (Some of them may seem a bit negative, but having run a forum for several years now, we've seen the (very small number of) tricksters, scammers and fraudsters who ruin things for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Here are some of the things that I think you need to consider ...
    • who would be allowed to promote their WAHP business?
    - long term bubhubbers with, say, a minimum of 300 posts (or 100 or whatever number you chose)
    - any member - even if a newbie who's just joined to promote their WAHP business on here
    • is it a 'service' for regular bubhubbers or a service for Aussie WAHPs
    • what size business is considered WAHP?
    We run bubhub from my home, so I'm a WAHM - would you allow a business like mine to join in?
    • is it just products or can services be included to? eg hairdressers, tupperware parties
    • would the area be open for all to view or restricted to members who are logged in, members with a certain number of posts, etc
    • how would you deal with complaints of fraud?
    eg viewer 1 says that they've paid WAHMx but never received their goods, whilst WAHMx says that they've sent them or viewer 1 never paid
    • do you want to run it in the forum where WAHPs just promote their product/service via threads (where we allow images). Private purchases - through paypal? Or as a totally separate section of the bubhub website with special software (like an etsy)
    • Would you consider charging a monthly fee to be able to post in this section (that's already been mentioned in the thread)?
    that would get rid of some of the fraudsters and tricksters who look for an easy scam. If so, what fee?
    • could you extend it to offer services between members - eg a mum might be a copywriter at home and other members could advertise for small jobs that they need doing for their business - such as logo design, brochure design - that another mum at home could help with, for a fee

OK - sorry, that might look a bit scary, but those are all things that we need to think about to ensure that we don't start this and just get swamped with 'wahm' who genuinely sell nikes, mobile phones, etc from home!

Looking forward to reading the discussions.
    I'll move this thread now to the Army.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-bubhub For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (12-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and one last thing, we don't provide listings atm in our directory for businesses that only have an ebay or facebook presence as, from experience, we've found that these businesses tend to disappear very quickly and our directory gets out of date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm for it but I think if you are going to allow advertising of things Mums sell you should allow advertising for services they provide also

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmetius View Post
    I'm for it but I think if you are going to allow advertising of things Mums sell you should allow advertising for services they provide also
    I agree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Okay, I don't think you should sell items/services via BH, it's too messy.I think there should be a section dedicated to WAHP discussion which ANYONE can participate in to discuss being a WAHP and business, but no one can advertise in any way without being a 'WAHHubber'.To be a WAHHubber you must apply to the sections administrator, have 300 posts minimum, pay a fee. BH has the right to take away WAHHubber if any complaints made against said person are substantiated at the administrators discretion.A WAHHubber would have something saying they are and would be free to have a link to their site in their signature. Fees must be paid on a monthly basis, this ensures the stores are still operating. I think banning sites like FB from being included would make it unsuccessful, it is the top online selling method for WAHPs here in Australia at the moment.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

BH-bubhub  (12-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I promise that was laid out nicely... BH doesn't seem to think I'm pressing enter lately. Will edit and try again.I forgot to mention, definitely include services.I think it's a great way for hubbers to support hubbers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like the name WAHhubber - sounds like a Hawaiian beach bar with gorgeous cocktails!

My comment about Facebook was about our directory - but it you wanted to be able to link to ebay, etsy, facebook, whatever in this new area that we are discussing, that would be fine by me.

WAHhubbers could be distinguished by an avatar or something in their usertitle, perhaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubhub View Post
    I like the name WAHhubber - sounds like a Hawaiian beach bar with gorgeous cocktails!My comment about Facebook was about our directory - but it you wanted to be able to link to ebay, etsy, facebook, whatever in this new area that we are discussing, that would be fine by me.WAHhubbers could be distinguished by an avatar or something in their usertitle, perhaps.
    I'd say usertitle.Most WAHHubbers would be happy just to be able to link in their signature and discuss business here in the Hub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think perhaps not be able to "advertise" your business via BH - instead maybe start a thread or section where people can JUST link to where ever they sell from and a brief description...

Be it FB, etsy, eBay etc etc...

I would have it set up that bh accepts zero responsibility for users who don't have a positive experience.

I know there are alot of super duper talented people out on bh land who have crazy talents and run their own business'....

Bh Ed have you trialled perhaps letting people have ONE line in their sig linking to where ever they sell?? then limiting the whole sales/advertising threads/sections on the actual forum....???

What problems would this pose?

This message proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device. Beep beep.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast