Here are some of the things that I think you need to consider ...
- who would be allowed to promote their WAHP business?
- long term bubhubbers with, say, a minimum of 300 posts (or 100 or whatever number you chose)
- any member - even if a newbie who's just joined to promote their WAHP business on here
- is it a 'service' for regular bubhubbers or a service for Aussie WAHPs
- what size business is considered WAHP?
We run bubhub from my home, so I'm a WAHM - would you allow a business like mine to join in?
- is it just products or can services be included to? eg hairdressers, tupperware parties
- would the area be open for all to view or restricted to members who are logged in, members with a certain number of posts, etc
- how would you deal with complaints of fraud?
eg viewer 1 says that they've paid WAHMx but never received their goods, whilst WAHMx says that they've sent them or viewer 1 never paid
- do you want to run it in the forum where WAHPs just promote their product/service via threads (where we allow images). Private purchases - through paypal? Or as a totally separate section of the bubhub website with special software (like an etsy)
- Would you consider charging a monthly fee to be able to post in this section (that's already been mentioned in the thread)?
that would get rid of some of the fraudsters and tricksters who look for an easy scam. If so, what fee?
- could you extend it to offer services between members - eg a mum might be a copywriter at home and other members could advertise for small jobs that they need doing for their business - such as logo design, brochure design - that another mum at home could help with, for a fee
OK - sorry, that might look a bit scary, but those are all things that we need to think about to ensure that we don't start this and just get swamped with 'wahm' who genuinely sell nikes, mobile phones, etc from home!
Looking forward to reading the discussions.
I'll move this thread now to the Army.