+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 53 of 53
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Adelaide SA
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bnb - every person is entitled to a second opinion. Remember that. If you are unhappy with the care this doctor is giving you, request the second opinion. He won't care, it is your legal right.
    Also, consultant is the highest level you can go. If you have been seeing the consultant doctor for this, then your second opinion would need to be with another consultant or the head of unit who would most likely be a professor or another consultant.
    There is a reason an ob consultant wouldn't want to be taking instructions from a GP. GP are specialists in bits and bobs. Consultants are specialists in their area. Unfortunately a letter from a consultant specializing in ic would probably hold more weight with this consultant. However, remember that the ob has a reputation to uphold, and MUST research information regarding your condition and pregnancy, on order to bring about the safest and best outcome for you and bubba.
    Like others have said, you have the right to demand a c section. You have educated yourself on the risks and benefits. The ob has also a right to refuse to perform this c section though, and this would be sorted out well ahead of your delivery date to give you time to see another obstetrician.
    I'll bet he didn't know much about ic, and has just needed to read up on it a bit.

    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gold Coast
    Hi Brand New Beginnings, I was reading a Cosmo article at the hairdressers today about a lady who had a muscle condition like mine and used botox down there, apparently it freezes the muscles so less spasms. Tried to find the article online but couldn't. Thought you might be interested in these articles:




  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    Just because you are public does not mean you don't have a right to opting for a csection!!!

    OP I would suggest seeing a social worker at your hospital.
    They take care of YOUR wishes.
    I had to see one when I was preg for a similar situation in the sense my GP said c-section hospital said natural.
    I didn't have IC though.
    I had something else.

    The social worker was great!!
    I also agree with a Doula


Similar Threads

  1. Am I upset over nothing?
    By rainbow road in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 06:38
  2. Would you be upset?
    By naebie in forum General Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 21-01-2012, 06:26
  3. would you be upset about this?
    By Berrie in forum Family & Friends
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21-12-2011, 19:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

learn how you can become a reviewer!


forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Hills Swimming
Swim with your friends and you will all get a 33% discount!* We have programs to suit all ages and abilities, with small classes held in our warm indoor 25 metre pool. Highly qualified teachers, and award winning programs. *conditions apply
featured supporter
Cryosite Family Cord Blood & Tissue Bank
Cryosite has been providing Cord Blood Banking services for over 14 years, and is the trusted choice of Australian families. To discuss the benefits of banking your baby's cord blood & tissue stem cells call us on 1800 220 410.

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!