+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay... We could meet for hot choc in the new year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh there are at least 2 people in Gippsland

We'll be arriving on 9 January and thankfully have a house sorted to rent, but unfortunately it is unfurnished so it is a blow up mattress for us until we go out and buy a bed. We currently live in Terrigal on the Central Coast in NSW. My husband is orginally from there but he lived in the UK for 11 years which is where I met him as I'm English. We moved over to Oz in August as we decided we want to bring up our son here. We've come to Terrigal every year for holidays in the past 4 years and my sister lives in Ballarat so we've also been that way and Melbourne, but never been south of Melbourne.

My hubby is going to work at the Mary McKillop Catholic Regional College in Leongatha so we know we are going to settle in the area for a few years to come. We chose Inverloch as we heard it was lovely and it is likely Terrigal so what hubby is use too and likes.

Anyway, enough waffle from me. Look forward to meeting up and chatting in the New Year. I'll not know a soul so if we do meet up I may talk the hind legs of you as I don't get much conversation out of a 22 month old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ravinder,
    I started with a blow up bed too it doesnt take long for things to come together
    Are you having all your household items shipped down?
    What will hubby be teaching at Mary Mac?
    Inverloch is stunning, and the people in the area are just lovely, Im sure you will love it

Im relly liking the sound of meeting up in the new year... i work full time at the moment in Melbourne, sigh. But hoping to be on maternity leave at the end of April

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. All our things got packed up today so at the moment so we're sleeping with a sleeping bag for the next week or so. We've not got any furnitue but other that that most household goods as we brought it all out with us from the UK back in August. We're going to go up to Fountain Gate shopping centre after we arrive and have booked a motel nearby so we can stay overnight and have 2 full days of shopping as we're also going to check out Fantastic Furniture and Harvey Norman etc. in Dandenong to order all our furniture.

Nathan is going to be a Deputy Principal at Mary MacKillop. He was that in the UK so we are happy he has been able to get the same level job here, but it has been hard finding it and has taken 5 months. He use to teach IT in the UK but I think he is going to be doing RE here.

How long does it take you to commute to Melbourne? Is it not a trek? I would like to get a part time job but doubt that will happen for a while as we have only managed to find a place for 1 day at a kindy in Wonthaggi for our son Naresh, so until I can get him more days I won't be able to work. I only want to work as after 2 years out I feel my brain is turning to mush and the main reason is I NEED adult chat and not just about Thomas The Tank Engine

Congrats on your pregnancy, it is your first child? April will come round so quickly

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds like you have things mostly planned out.

From Inverloch to Mel its about 1hr45min ish - that to CBD. A bit less if you going to inner eastern like Abotsford/Richmond etc. And about 2hrs to get to other side of city - Williamstown outwest - Essendon/Tullamarin out north. Its a really easy drive, mostly highways. There are a few different routes and ppl tend to have different preferences. We basically go Gippy/Bass highway, through Koo Wee Rup onto Pakenham bypass adn then take the monash into the city.

Is there any child care available in Inverloch? I have friends who struggle to get places in Inverloch but have been told that because they are not from Inverloch (Incerloch kindy/primary school has a good rep).

I have heard terrible things about Little Rascal in Leongatha and great things about the childcare at Tarwin District School (in Meeniyan).

What sort of work are you looking for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Ravinder, looks like you have a busy few days ahead of you. There is also a large IKEA store in Springvale... they have some really nice furniture there too.

This is my second baby, my first is 15.5 and attends Mary mac so Im sure she will get to know your husband .

It takes us about 2 hours to get to work... but soon we will move to korumbura which is 30 mins closer. Im hoping that will be better, this baby isnt liking the travel

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MsEnchantress View Post
    Wow Ravinder, looks like you have a busy few days ahead of you. There is also a large IKEA store in Springvale... they have some really nice furniture there too.

This is my second baby, my first is 15.5 and attends Mary mac so Im sure she will get to know your husband .

It takes us about 2 hours to get to work... but soon we will move to korumbura which is 30 mins closer. Im hoping that will be better, this baby isnt liking the travel
    Geez I don't know how you travel to Mel for work! I took a job contract in Melbourne and moved back to my dads because driving every day I would have gone insane!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im lucky, my partner works in melbourne too, so most of the time im a passanger spoilt

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put this in the childcare forum but had no response so wondering if anyone on here can help......

Has anyone used the McKenzie Street Children's Centre in Wonthaggi? I'm moving to Inverloch in a couple of weeks and have potentially got a space for my son for one day at the Centre and wonder if anyone has any experience of it.

He is also on waitlist at the Bass Coast Childrens Centre in Wonthaggi, anyone used them for childcare?

Apart from the one day at McKenzie I am finding it hard to find him somewhere and I would only like 2 days to start with. I am a SAHM and my son will be 2 in February so I think it is important to interact with other children and have some structured play. He currently goes to childcare 2 days a week and I'd hate him to lose out on that when we move to VIC.

We're moving rom NSW and don't know the area so any advice welcome. Thanks in advance. ...........

Move time is here. We've been busy cleaning today as we move out of our currentl rental tomorrow and have the dreaded inspection so we can get our bond back. We're then staying with my father-in-law a couple of nights and start our drive down on Friday. We're going to take easy and only do 4-5 hrs drive a day as our little one will scream the car down if we keep him in the car seat any longer than that, and come Monday we'll be picking up the keys for our rental in Inverloch. This time next week, I'll be sat on a blow-up airbed planning for a BIG shopping sphree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure about the childcare, another option is Family day care, ran through the Bass Coast Shire council, it would be worth looking into.

There are a few childcares in Wonthaggi, and Im sure if you didnt like a certain one, you could try the other

Yay for the shopping spree sounds wonderful