+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OffwiththePixies is offline I'm Jaz, and I'm off with the pixies all the time!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    of course lol. Im such a dill. Thankyou so much for your reply. I'm really trying to decide whether to do delayed clamping and encapsulation or lotus.

I have a history of depression and PND and my family has a history of depression so I desperately want to do all that I can to give my baby and I the best start to a happy life together that I can and if any of these things will help even the tiniest bit, then I'll do it.. I just don't know which to choose. Will stop thread crashing now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Omm nom nom, rotten placenta.
    EWWW!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OffwiththePixies View Post
    I just don't know which to choose. Will stop thread crashing now!
    Thank you for 'thread crashing' cos your questions taught me something! Don't stop asking questions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE= he didn't really agree it was so advantageous in our first world country. QUOTE]

This kills me - can doctors provide evidence that halting the normal birth process and phlebotomy is preferable in 'first-world' countries? No, they can't. A

(All they can do is refer to older, discredited studies that made references to jaundice and polycythemia without providing clinical evidence these conditions occurred.)

Recent systemic reviews have shown no benefit to immediate clamping and no harm from delayed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OffwiththePixies View Post
    of course lol. Im such a dill. Thankyou so much for your reply. I'm really trying to decide whether to do delayed clamping and encapsulation or lotus.

I have a history of depression and PND and my family has a history of depression so I desperately want to do all that I can to give my baby and I the best start to a happy life together that I can and if any of these things will help even the tiniest bit, then I'll do it.. I just don't know which to choose. Will stop thread crashing now!
    Lotus birth is more about the spiritual signficance of the baby being born once the placenta separates naturally.

The best outcome for you and your baby will be a birth that you are happy was safe and appropriate for both of you.

You might like to consider allowing the birth process to occur normally (labour, second stage and third stage including your baby's transition), with plenty of skin-to-skin to support the love hormones for you both. When you're ready, cut the cord. This might be within 10 minutes or a few hours? The placenta will then still be viable to prepare as a supplement for you, after birth.

Have a great birth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giftedbirth View Post
    Recent systemic reviews have shown no benefit to immediate clamping and no harm from delayed.
    The latter being the only thing that should be relevant to any medical professionals response anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It was in my birth plan to delay clamping and cutting the cord. The plan was read, and respected by both the midwives attending, but then for some reason DS1's cord was clamped and cut before I even knew it was happening.
    I don't know if they didn't read that part, or just disregarded it...but I was very disappointed either way. Luckily, I was too in love with DS to think too much about it.