+ Reply to Thread
    MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Exclamation PND & AND Private Discussion Area

Greetings, fellow bubhubbers!

The moderators have created a private discussion area for members with perinatal depression. (Antenatal and Postnatal depression) The area aims to be a supportive area where sufferers of perinatal depression can come together for support, education and general chat. The area is an accepting place where distressing issues that we may not feel comfortable disclosing elsewhere can be raised. 

“Survivors” who have experienced perinatal depression in the past are also encouraged to join; to share their wisdom and hope. It is a place of camaraderie and positive growth!
    • If you want access to this private discussion area, please message me or the moderator 'veve' to request the password for this area.
    • If you go to the section with the heading Not happy? Emotional health issues area, and click on the depression section, you can scroll down and will see a sub-section called Private Discussion Area.
    • Use the requested password
    • Once inside the area, you can subscribe to ensure that you always get an email whenever a new thread is started in there. To do that, click on the orange RSS button and follow the on-screen instructions. Because access to the new section is restricted, posts made in there will not appear in new posts and won't be indexed by google, etc.
    We are all looking forward to hearing from more of you!
    Last edited by MuminMind; 11-12-2011 at 00:06.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MuminMind For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (11-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Great idea in starting this

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    *Shameless bump*

BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to add that the discussion area has been a really great success so far. It is s really supportive space full of intelligent, funny, understanding and supportive people who have experiences with PND and/or AND. We agree that talking privately with others in a similar situation has been really therapeutic and positive for most of us, so we are continuing to look for others who want to join our lovely "family".

Please PM me if you want to join in, and I send you the password.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MuminMind For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (11-12-2011)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It really is a wonderful, supportive space. Thank you MiM!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (11-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How do I get access?

BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by flicker View Post
    How do I get access?
    Good morning, flicker, thanks for your interest. I will send you the password in a pm now. Then, if you find the Not happy? Emotional health issues area and enter the depression section, you can scroll down and see a sub-section called Private Discussion Area. Use the requested password, and voila.

The area has a lot of traffic, so please don't feel overwhelmed. It would be great if you pop in to the "sticky" introductions thread and say hello, so that you can receive the welcome you deserve.

Hope to see you soon!

BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    *Update*

Due to some technical difficulties preventing people on phones from accessing the area, the mods have now changed the 'settings' slightly to fix the problem.
    A password is not needed anymore. Instead, approved bubhubbers are placed in a special usergroup. Only members of that usergroup can view and post in this section. Approved users will see posts from this section in New Posts and Search results. Non approved users will not see anything from this section in new posts or search results.

Forum viewers who are not logged in won't even see the Private Discussion area title. Members who are logged in but not approved to see this section will see that a Private Discussion area exists, but will see 'thread count' = 0 and will not see thread titles or any other information.

Most of the members of the area have automatically been accepted through the new system, but I do not have a full overview of all the members and might have missed out on some of the "older" members who are currently not active in the area.

If you do no longer have the access, please contact me and I will pass on the request to the mods, to ensure that you get access again!

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.