+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Implanon, can any one help??

Hi I am new here so hope I have done this right I am a very proud mummy to 4 kids 5yrs 3yrs 2yrs and 11 months old I have decided to give my body a rest so no more babies for a bit (I have tried the depo, pills, and condoms) so after my 4th bub AI said I was going to try the implanon which I have had in now 10 months. I am getting pretty normal side effects from it (no period and pimples and no sex drive) but the last 2 months I have been feeling very unwell sorry for too much info but also diarrhea and every thing too me has pointed to me being pregnant but taken test and they all came back negative. My question is has any one had this or is it just me?? I am ready to take this stupid thing out as I am over thiis feeling what do u guys all think?? thanks

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hi

I am on my third Implanon - (I had one between my children and am on my second one after my daughter).

Sorry - but I never had any of the side effects you're talking about.

The more I've talked to people - the main time anyone seems to have side effects or get pregnant with one in is if it's inserted at the wrong time of their cycle or by someone who's not necessarily certified.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I had the implanon for 3 years and had the exact same symptoms (no period, pimples on my back and pregnancy symptoms). But i didnt get pregnant whilst i had it, and from what i have read it is extremely rare

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well ive had it in for a year and It was the biggest mistake , after
    6 mnths i started putting on so much weight , had my hair falling out and was tired all the time the only good thing was that it made my skin so nice and clear not a single pimple. I hate it and regret having it put in and after taking it out it seems as it has messed up my entire body in some strange way . But everybody is different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just had my second implanon taken out. The first was great but this one was just TERRIBLE!! NO sex drive, pregnancy like symptoms,plus i bleed for 5 weeks straight...this i why i decided to take it out!! As soon as it was taken out and i stopped bleeding i felt NORMAL again!! Best thing i did was get rid of it!
    Ive never had diarreha though. Id go to your doc and see what they say.
    While im done having kids too, ive decided to give my body a break. Im using the maybe baby saliva test and using condoms while im fertile!!
    Everyone is different and it works great for some people...see what your doc says!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this so hope I'm doing it right!! I've had the implanon in for Nearlly a year and all over a sudden ive had my period for about a week? Is this normal?? Should I do a pregnancy test? Getting freaked out!! Plz help

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the implanon in for nealy a year and a half. It was the biggest mistake. I had no sex drive at all. I still got my period for 2 weeks every second month and because I have endometriosis. It was the most debilitating pain ever. I would always think I was pregnant because I would have every symptome known to man. But went off it about 3 weeks ago and I am finally feeling like myself again. Got my sex drive back just in time to ttc for our first bubs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Missymu View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this so hope I'm doing it right!! I've had the implanon in for Nearlly a year and all over a sudden ive had my period for about a week? Is this normal?? Should I do a pregnancy test? Getting freaked out!! Plz help
    don't freak out too much!! i didnt get my period for the first 6 months i had it, then after that it was not very frequent. BUT the last 10 weeks or so i was getting it every 10 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollie1990 View Post
    I had the implanon in for nealy a year and a half. It was the biggest mistake. I had no sex drive at all. I still got my period for 2 weeks every second month and because I have endometriosis. It was the most debilitating pain ever. I would always think I was pregnant because I would have every symptome known to man. But went off it about 3 weeks ago and I am finally feeling like myself again. Got my sex drive back just in time to ttc for our first bubs.
    good luck TTC lollie i am in a similar situation to you, had my implanon removed in october to TCC our first too my cycle seems to be all over the place at the moment, but i'm quite impatient and havent given it much of a chance to settle down

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    good luck TTC lollie i am in a similar situation to you, had my implanon removed in october to TCC our first too my cycle seems to be all over the place at the moment, but i'm quite impatient and havent given it much of a chance to settle down
    Thanks. Yeah I am pretty impatient as well and I also suffer from endometriosis so my journey is probably going to be a long 1. Good luck mrstuilawa with your journey. I am currently cd 14. If you ever need to chat I am here.