+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    CallaLilly is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011 - Funniest Member Award
    Donnybrook, WA (aka the middle of nowhere)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not ashamed of my bi-polar any more then of all my other mental health issues, but that's because I have a wonderful gift in information- knowing what is happening inside a sufferer's head and that is not their fault or in their control is the key to public acceptance; I believe it is also the key to the sufferer's own acceptance.

When I lived in Adelaide I went to 4 different Drs to try to get some help, and was told by all 4 (would you believe) that there was no such thing as depression, that all I needed to do was cheer up and think positive thoughts! I finally took my brain scan reports from Perth and the recommendation of suicide watch given to my carer before I was even given some antidepressants. And even then I practically had to self medicate.

Australia may have one of the best immunisation programs in the world but the level of care for anything brain related is appalling.

Thanks
    Reviews

CHERMSIDE PLAYGROUP

MEETING WEEKLY
    THURSDAY 10AM

KIDSPACE PLAYGROUND CHERMSIDE, Murphy Rd, 7th Brigade Park, Chermside, 4032

Hi

My name is Fiona, I am the mum to one DD age 2yrs 10 mths. I am starting a weekly playgroup for mums and dads with anxiety /depression or with partners with this, Its a chance to get together and have a chat and meet other like minded mums and dads.

So come along and make new friends. Hope to see you all there.I will be wearing a red and white stripped Tshirt and will have a sign on my pram so you can find me.

Let me know if you are interested in coming

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

So as some of you may have seen I am now 12 weeks pregnant, loving life, hope everyone is going well. We have had a rough couple of months with my aunt passing away with cancer but on the upside I promised her that I would quit smoking and I have. Yay and now I'm pregnant.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hi all,

DP has Bipolar 2 (characterised by hypomania rather than hyper).

She's a functioning member of society and while the lows can be hard to deal with, they're few and far between now. If I didn't know she had it, I wouldn't be able to tell at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's been a long time since anyone has posted in this thread, but I wanted to thank fichicken for starting it

I was diagnosed with Bipolar last year after the birth of my baby. After seven months of severe depression (and being treated for postnatal depression which made things worse!) I became psychotic and was admitted to a mother and baby unit where I stayed for 2 months.

It was a hellish time, but I am so thankful because I was finally given the right diagnosis, put on the right medication and was able to make a great recovery from that episode!

I'm now doing really well and would love to raise awareness about bipolar disorder as well as other mental illnesses as there really is so much misunderstanding in the community.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Patience86 For This Useful Post:

fichicken  (04-02-2013)