+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Getting to the place where you can be diognosed is a very hard road it nearly broke up my marrige but due to my dh overwhelming patience he just waited 6 long months for me to get beter and find the right medication for me.

People can be difficult to be around at times, I have the worst temper, but with the loving support of the community you would be surprised at what we can contribute.

Many actors, artists and musicians have bipolar disorder and I hope that one day that more of them will donate to charities that support these disorders.

You would be very suprised at the lack of funding and support the australian government actually gives to people with BD. Its appaling and its so needed.

I think there also needs to be support for the family and friends of someone with BD , because they are usually the most affected.

Another thing that is very frusrating is that the majority of people with BD can not access disabilty pensions from centrelink as our disabilty is not seen as severe even though many of us struggle to hold down full time jobs for longer than 6 months at a time.

Lets all work together to change this and remove the stigma of BD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I have just written and posted my birthing story of little Emma Chelsea. Hope you all read it and get an insight into a mother with BD giving birth,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hgfi
    Last edited by 2pink 1on way; 08-02-2012 at 16:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ^^^^^ omg that is my dh too! His high moments drive me crazy! Tells everyone how "awesome" he is ALL THE TIME!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fichicken View Post
    yeah thats sounds great
    Cool maybe one afternoon we could catch up I work in town till 2pm and then pick up my kids from school so anytime after that I am home.How had your day been mine was busy 4am start today dont like morning well tho.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Yep the Highs are annoying

Hi there,

It can be very frustrating when BD people are on highs for the people around them cause the BD person wants you to come along for the ride so to speak even though you know in your heart their just on a high lol.

When I find that I am on a high my DH tells me that he thinks I need some space and then he gets out my cello and I tend to pick it up and play for a couple of hours after that I usually start to calm down.

The length of BD suffers highs/lows really is an individual thing. The cycle can be anywhere from 2 days to 3 months. When we are at the beginning of a high we usually start with the rapid speech and you will find we will want to stay up later and later at night sighting that we are not tired and besides we have a a tv show we want to watch or project to finish blah blah blah. Pretty much any excuse to stay up and moving.

In the middle of our high we tend to be at the peak of happiness, we can have rapid speech, racing thoughts( it feels like someone talking in your head at a million miles an hour and that you can't take hold of one thought at a time) We can get quite snappy at the peak of a high and this is usually when we start saying we don't see why we need our meds or phsych anymore as we feel fine( don't fooled were on a high) BD people in the peak of a high can also be quite convincing/manipulative because thats when we tend to have a high opinion of ourselves ( phsych call this a feeling of granduar).

When we begin to come down from our high we can whinge,cry moan about how such and such is being horrible. We can start to develop a set on a particular person even if that person has done nothing wrong. We will say how tired we are. We will begin to eat again.

Once the cycle of a high is finished most BD sufferers will just want to sleep/chill out.

The best thing you can do at these times is check we are taking our meds, encourage us to go to the doctors for a check up( getting us to the doctors is easy if you wait for us to say that we don't need our meds anymore, you just reply with well go chat to your gp and see what they say.) Make sure we are safe eg. not drinking ,drugs etc. Give us time to be creative or have a bit of space. Also make sure that we do not have access to the savings because a lot of us are s**t with money.

Talk soon

fi

Thanks
    Reviews
    That all makes sense to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jjhg
    Last edited by 2pink 1on way; 08-02-2012 at 16:24.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 2pink 1on way For This Useful Post:

fichicken  (12-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^^^^ do we have the same dh? Lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Meeting up

So I was thinking that we should organise a get together for mums and bubs who have BipolarDisorder or live with someone who has as a way of support for each other.

I would love to get them up and running across all states. I would be happy to host ones that take place in inner north brisbane.

I want to know if any one would be interested in this.