+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it is so unfair that they are making you wait so long for a scan! I had a heavy bleed at 11 weeks and went straight to emergency where the first dr who examined me could not see my cervix properly but said that it was likely that I was having a m/c. They said they would see if they could get me in for a scan that afternoon or to come back in the morning and I said that I wasn't going anywhere without one. I had a gyno come see me within the hour with the portable scan where they found the heartbeat and a moving baby. I agree with Danielle, go back (or somewhere else) make noise! Get that ultrasound ASAP! And for a positive outcome for you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Any news?
    Did you manage to get your scan yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.
    So I have taken your advice and taken matters into my own hands. I finally tracked down the results to the blood tests they took and then seem to have forgotten about. It's good news so far. My hcg levels are consistent with my pregnancy and I did the math and they have doubled every two days since my last test. I have called everyone that will speak to me about booking an earlier ultrasound, but so far the best I can do is Monday morning. But I'm gonna keep on trying, and keep my fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.
    Just wanted to thank you all for all your kind words and support. Unfortunately the scan did not bring good news. We lost the baby.
    Thanks again, and take care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    nikki i am soo sorry to hear your bad news. lots of hugs to you and your partner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh
    Was just wondering how you'd got on so thought I'd pop in and see if you'd posted.
    So sorry it wasn't better news. Some babies are just too precious for this messed up world

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm so sorry to hear that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your kind words everyone.
    My husband and I were devestated, it was awful to see the sac was empty on the ultra sound. But wr have a lot of support, and I know we will et through it.

I am wonderring tho, is there a period of time we shoukd wait before tryig again? We are really lookibg firward to strting a family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nikki245 View Post
    My husband and I were devestated, it was awful to see the sac was empty on the ultra sound. But wr have a lot of support, and I know we will et through it.

I am wonderring tho, is there a period of time we shoukd wait before tryig again? We are really lookibg firward to strting a family.
    Drs like to give it a cycle only so you know dates better. But in most cases you can try right away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nikki245 View Post

It is really a personal decision. Most drs will suggest waiting a cycle but if you feel ready to try straight away then it's usually fine to do so. My second child was conceived a couple weeks after a m/c, before i got my period back. She is now a healthy 1 year old.
    Good luck