+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    Yeah thats whats silly about it. Fair enough if she was drug free but cmon, she had absolutely everything she could! Gas, pethidine, epi and she was still flailing around and wailing.

Puhleeese.
    Have you ever had an epi??

I have, and it didn't work in the slightest. Didn't believe them when they said they had already inserted it

So I was still "flailing (sic) around an wailing"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She also actually says that she cant feel anything and then in the next breath goes on to screech like a turkey getting its head hacked off... I just dont buy that it was necessary. Yes we all have different ways of coping i know this but I just dont buy hers.

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha, well I went into transition in the hospital carpark (they'd sent me for a walk to get things going) and screamed my head off so loud they heard me in Maternity and sent a middie running out, she met me at the door with a wheelchair! I reckon I frightened the maternity patients, the general patients, the visitors, and half the surrounding populace. And guess what? I didn't give a rat's bum

Labour hurts like a mofo and if you can't scream then, when can you?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DramaQueen View Post
    Have you ever had an epi??

I have, and it didn't work in the slightest. Didn't believe them when they said they had already inserted it

So I was still "flailing (sic) around an wailing"
    Yes I have, I had one at the 24th hour of a very traumatic and painful birth
    Quote Originally Posted by Homestar View Post
    She also actually says that she cant feel anything and then in the next breath goes on to screech like a turkey getting its head hacked off... I just dont buy that it was necessary. Yes we all have different ways of coping i know this but I just dont buy hers.
    EXACTLY. She was saying she was numb. She was saying she couldn't feel anything but continued to scream. FFS I had my epi then ate a banana haha...maybe should have played on it a bit more and got sympathy? haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I really felt for that poor woman. She seemed so scared.
    I made noise with both of my vbacs, especially pushing out ds2 because apart from a bit of gas it was drug free. Plus I was scared because it was quite fast, one moment it was irregular, then with each contraction it got more and more painful with not much of a build up.

Sent from my X10i using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I thought they turned epis down/off when it comes time to push to ensure the mother can push effectively?

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was in labour, I was deadly quiet (terrified) and the midwife kept encouraging me to make noise.

I eventually had an epidural, but could still feel contractions on one side but no feeling at all for pushing.

Anyway, I don't think I would have the stomach for this show, so haven't watched it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyB View Post
    I thought they turned epis down/off when it comes time to push to ensure the mother can push effectively?
    Not always, they didn't with me because I was in terrible pain. DS was coming out wrong, was posterior and my cervix had swollen and torn. So was probably best that I couldn't feel anything.

They probably just wanted that woman to stfu though haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think some women are built to withstand the pain of childbirth and others aren't - a good friend of mine would go on a morphine drip for period pain if she could whereas I gave birth twice with absolutely no pain relief besides the shower/bath.
    Each to their own really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perhaps they need a soundproof room for the screamers.