+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    also STOP TALKING ABOUT CARBONARA! THANKS im starving lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I remember when coming in with DS that there was a woman in labor a few doors down, and she screamed. It made me nervous as, cause my labor pains weren't as bad as hers obviously.

When I went into full swing I was a screamer, could not contain myself AT ALL. My DH was totally beside himself that he needed to leave the room. I had a pethidine shot, but it only made me drowsy, the pain was still extreme.
    When it was time to push, the screaming in the end was what got me through it. Determined screaming lol.

After my experience I could totally believe someone can scream like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even when numb from an epidural though?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I recall she settled down completely after the epi but screamed again while pushing. I think I screamed while pushing even though I couldn't feel anything because I can't push without making noise. I think she probably did have a loud voice but I feel for her. She's the same age as when I had DS and I remember feeling so frightened that I thought I was going to die, pretty sure I did some screaming and calling the middies some not-so-nice-names. I think if a middie can't handle a screaming woman she's probably in the wrong profession.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Homestar View Post
    In the end I wouldn't be able to say ( I doubt it) in the end I never had one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Epidurals do not always work. Didn't work for me. Maybe thats why women still scream during labour? Personally I couldn't scream - I wanted to but its like the pain was so intense no screaming came out. But I would never judge someone else for it. Lets face it -everyone has a different experience and some are much worse than others - like things actually go wrong. I find it interesting that there are women on here saying "I had a painful labour, and I didn't scream like that" Well maybe your labour wasn't that bad/painful or whatever...

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do we know she was completely numb? Perhaps her epi worked only on one side, or one half, or maybe she could feel the pressure but not the sting? Either way, I agree her yelling seemed to be an 'out of control' yell but meh...whatever helps. Tough sh!t if the middies got a headache...honestly, too freakin bad, thats their JOB.
    One midwife told me I was too loud and being ridiculous with my 4th, who arrived in 24 minutes- she got shoved at with my foot and told to shut up. Honestly, the labouring woman should never ever be made to feel like she is doing anything wrong or inconvieniencing anyone- its up to the rest of the world to suck it the hell up.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roopee For This Useful Post:

beebs  (06-10-2011),Deserama  (08-12-2011),missie_mackxxxx  (06-10-2011),PurpleStars  (13-10-2011)

StretchmarkBarbie is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2009- Best Username Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was a screamer even with an epi. At 18 and in labour with my first, it was more from being terrified and exhausted. The epi didn't work well so still hurt and the pressure was insane. If it made that woman get through it then that's ok. She could have screamed all she wanted if that's what she felt like

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Homestar View Post
    Yeah thats whats silly about it. Fair enough if she was drug free but cmon, she had absolutely everything she could! Gas, pethidine, epi and she was still flailing around and wailing.

Puhleeese.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh I'm curious to watch it now... Might have to see if I can find it online.