+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Those two women needed to be supported not ridiculed. The poor lady that was screaming was using it as a pain release and then been told to 'sshhhh''' huh??? Thats crap! The poor bloody woman just needed someone to validate her, support her and to see if getting her off her back would work. Because god knows laying there with people rolling their freakin eyes at her wasn't very helpful.

The other girl, I picked c/section from the start...poor thing never had a chance really. They should have monitored her baby and if all was well then allowed the pregnancy to continue. Her baby or her body were not ready to birth yet.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roopee For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (06-10-2011),giftedbirth  (06-10-2011),Lillynix  (06-10-2011),missie_mackxxxx  (06-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I screamed exactly like that lady. I had a posterior baby and was in a lot of pain. I didst scream on purpose. It just happened. And it helped. And the midwife telling me to shut up? Just made everything worse. I needed support not ridicule. Everyone deals with pain differently and maybe someone has more painful labours than others. I felt sorry for that poor woman because its exactly how i felt. People who say screaming is wasting energy are wrong, it helped me cope.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When I was in labour with DS I never heard anyone screaming from the other room. We all react differently to labour, some scream and some don't. I was VERY quiet with DS's labour, it's just the way I roll I guess. I gave out one yell when he crowned but that was it, the rest of the time I was just sucking on gas and getting through it by focusing within myself.

Sitting there watching that tonight I was a blubbering mess by the end, especially seeing that young fella get so emotional. I'm 4 days overdue to have my 2nd baby, so it's a very intense thing for me to watch at this point.

I'm just glad that my hospital is very pro active birth. It seems that the majority of women in this series from Britain give birth laying down, I don't recall seeing any in an upright position while delivering, which is a shame.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I can't watch these shows anymore

It makes me sad to think of the hardship my girls will face when it comes time for them to need birth services, and the lack of options that will be available for them when the time comes

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DQ For This Useful Post:

Lillynix  (06-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BBoo View Post
    I was talking to a GF earlier today about how I wouldn't have an epidural when I go into labour (once I conceive first lol!) but now I'm second-guessing after hearing her screams!! I can't believe the midwives were laughing at her!
    I was also laughing when I was watching it. I know it's mean to laugh as labour is painful but she was waaaay out there. No wonder people get put off when this is what woman get shown about labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roopee View Post
    Those two women needed to be supported not ridiculed. The poor lady that was screaming was using it as a pain release and then been told to 'sshhhh''' huh??? Thats crap! The poor bloody woman just needed someone to validate her, support her and to see if getting her off her back would work. Because god knows laying there with people rolling their freakin eyes at her wasn't very helpful.

The other girl, I picked c/section from the start...poor thing never had a chance really. They should have monitored her baby and if all was well then allowed the pregnancy to continue. Her baby or her body were not ready to birth yet.
    Absolutely agree with you

My first labour my midwife could see that when i screamed out it wasn't helping me, she gently explained to me that using that energy breathing or moving around would be better for me. And it was. Once i calmed down i was fine. Some women find that screaming helps them deal with the pain, some don't. I think that poor lady deserved more support from the people around her while in labour. Every woman labours differently and should be respected to do it however they think works. I felt so sad for that woman being laughed at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The young girl didnt have a csection but forceps were used as you could tell by the babys face

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I watched the series last time, and watched the episode last night, but I don't think I'll watch anymore before this bub is born. I think (for me anyway) there is no point being exposed to stuff like this that really presents birth and labour as a painful frightening experience that should be approached with trepidation and fear. I am going to try to immerse myself in calm, positive birth stories.. I think it can make a massive difference to your frame of mind as you labour!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lateralus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DramaQueen View Post
    I can't watch these shows anymore

It makes me sad to think of the hardship my girls will face when it comes time for them to need birth services, and the lack of options that will be available for them when the time comes
    I agree. I went to bed still thinking about it. Is this what maternity "services" have come to? Midwives giggling at women in pain? Locking fathers out? Not offering ANY help with dealing with pain except pushing and pulling women around and telling them to shut up?

Yep, I don't want this again. Never giving birth ever again. Horrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    The young girl didnt have a csection but forceps were used as you could tell by the babys face
    I saw the forceps marks but think it must've been a C, why wasn't dad allowed in the room if it was just forceps?? Babies born by a caesarian are often pulled out with forceps so I'm wondering how he was born.... Hmmm..