+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    oooh thanks for reminding me, my DH is at band practice and this means i can watch it he wont let me watch it when he is around. i love watching baby's being born. it is on in 20 mins here in darwin. yay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    her reaction was extreme. I had a painful long labour and never screamed once and that was without an epi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I dont know why they are telling her off for screaming?!? Its a natural thing to do.
    LOL Even at body pump class,the instructer tells us to scream when it gets hard coz its a pain release.

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll always remember when I was in labour with DS, the lady in the delivery room next door was screaming fit to bring down the roof. I was still just contracting, not in transition yet, and thinking - oh dear god, what have i got myself into? But you know...everyone is different. I ended up going through my labour with no noise at all other than breathing, never felt the need to scream or cry or verbally abuse my husband.

I do totally understand that feeling of beign overwhelmed in the moment though. My DD's birth was fast and furious and at it's peak, I had that moment of 'oh sh*t, there's no going back now' and i think if i hadn't given birth before, I might have lost my marbles at that point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh my gosh that chick is going crazy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOAH she is really going nuts!! I have never seen anything like it?!? Poor thing,she must have a really low pain threshold,or is just freaking out from the gas?!?
    I don;t think I was noisy at all,and I had NO drugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Birth is such an individual, life altering thing I don't think any reaction is too much or unwarranted.
    When the father was sobbing his heart out holding his son I lost it. He was so overwhelmed and it was so beautiful to see him bonding with his baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The guy at the end was lovely- it's such an emotional and overwhelming moment- lovely to watch 

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly, I'm not a patient, just a birthing woman
    Secondly, I hated that series. Watched it last time it was on. Felt so sorry for a lot of the women, totally undersupported, etc. No it didn't and doesn't put me off anything, just makes me really angry at our society and the system.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brogeybear For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (06-10-2011),Bubbles10  (05-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree that woman was really going to town!! However in saying that, when I am in the pushing stage I make a lot of noise!! I don't really scream just make really loud grunting noises, it's what helps me deal with the pain!! After I had my DS, the midwife said to me "do you want a cup of tea, you'll need it after all the noise you were making'!!!! But they never told me to stop it or to be quiet, and to be honest I don't think I could even if I wanted to!! Everyone has their own way of dealing with the pain!