+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Why would you tell people if you really were ripping off the system? People baffle me.
    Honestly, I don't know. That particular conversation stemmed by me saying I wish we could update our car and then they told me why don't you do what we do? claim the SPP, they can't prove your other half still lives in the home. Then they said the extra payment pays for our new car loan, it's easy money". I was like bc the husband earns a good wage....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So they're stupid and unconscionable. Sigh.

I really don't get that mentality. I just don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I know heaps. Was even part of it, but was unaware at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Strange thread to get bumped by a newbie. It's so old, I even had my old username lol.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (17-04-2012),share a book  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in the field and the amount of fraud reports done & reported etc is crazy -As well as the amount of people caught every day... its amazing how many people are doing it.

As a Previous poster said they will eventually get caught and when they do they have to repay all the money they were not entitled to -

sometimes it can take along time time to build a case or to prove its fraud

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I know of a few people that do. And it p!sses me off that they do this but nothing will stop them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just realized how old this thread was lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven3Eleven View Post
    I used to live next door to a couple who were always complaining about being broke on Centrelink yet the guy always seemed to have enough money to get drunk at least 4 days a week.

I accidentally frauded Centrelink. What happened was I was on the phone with them telling them how some of our details changed (moving house, rent change etc) and they asked me what DP's yearly amount is. I said $40,000 as I thought this was right but at the time it was $42,000. I did not mean to do this, I simply calculated it wrong. Once I realized I told Centrelink and now I am paying off a small debt, which I am happy to do as it was my mistake. I shall be more careful when I give details in the future. Don't hate me I really did not mean to do it
    I've accidentally done that. When I returned to work, it was April, and I was getting no pay slips. I thought I knew enough about taxes to be able to calculate gross earnings based on what went into my acct each fn, but between April and July I miscalculated so had to repay $60 to centrelink. Complete mistake, and I put it back onto my employer for refusing to give payslips.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Definition of Centrelink fraud is fuzzy. I told Centrelink the percentage of care I had, confirmed in writing by both Centrelink and CSA. So it was a surprise to receive a bill for $800 based upon a wrong assessment to do with percentage of care and thus labelled a fraud. The person who made the decision couldn't admit to her mistake and was rude and unhelpful and probably didn't appreciate the complaint I made about her behaviour.

The most annoying thing though, was despite having the fact that I told them the correct percentage and having it in writing, they claimed they couldn't change it. So not only did I have to pay Centrelink back for their mistake but I was still labelled a fraud.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my friend M claims ssp and her partner of 5 yrs pays CS even though they live together, i wouldnt dob them in, its none of my business but what annoys me is she has a another friend who reguarly steal from supermarkets for them, nappies, formula, groceries etc so the extra CL is just wasted on crap and they never have any money.

My SIL will lose so much money that she really needs rasing 3 under 3 and last she spoke to CL they told her that if her bf stays more than 3 nights she has to declare his income but i just siad keep yourself single for as long as possible she has struggled so much in the last few yrs with no cs and losing her house and furniture but she is too honest