+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate the phrase 'centrelink cheat' why because when Hank ( you know the head dude) goes on TV he calls anyone who has been overpaid a cheat. Heck Im a cheat as i wrote on the form I was earning $8k PP ( 10 years ago) they processed but apparently entered $800..I ended up with a debt and it wasn't till a year later someone checked on my behave and said 'you didn't lie the staff member entered numbers wrong your form were correct"...woohoo..still had to pay debt.

My point is 'cheat' it to far ranging. Im with you I have a couple in housing comission in our street who's hubby does loads of cash in hand work from his home business ( probably alot more than we get from hubby's wage) yep it annoys me but at the end of the day..karma..I can sleep at night knowing Im doing nothing wrong..them well.
    And yes also know a few single mum's who aren't and claim..annoying yes...but it comes around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep I sure do know someone.

I know 100% of the story too. Outright cheating the system. Blood boiling stuff for me, because the system exists to help people who need it. Cheaters drain the system. It's unfair.

I'm probably more fired up right now because I've just spent half of the day preparing everything for DH and I to do our tax returns tomorrow and the amount of tax we pay in a year makes me feel ill. I don't mind paying tax towards positive things like infrastructure, education, health and centrelink etc but let's face it, it's the taxpayers who support the cheats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Yep, I do, and they're fantastic parents. But really, it's a tiny amount of money. If someone is willing to lie and "cheat" for an extra $50 or whatever tiny amount it is, I don't really care.
    Well I do even if it is a tiny amount! I work hard so people can get payments from the government, and now that I have to leave work early because of a car accident injury that is worsened by the pregnancy centrelink will not help me. Basically until I get the baby bonus (I am not eligible for ppl) I will have NO income living should be fun!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffasmum View Post
    Hi everyone hope you all had a great day.

I thought i would start this thread as i know someone that has been ripping off centerlink for 2 and a half years and they just keep getting away with.

Here is the story.....

I've known this person, i'll call her "T", for around about 5 years, unfortunatly "T" is the mother of my ex's kids, ( i say mother of his kids because she likes him one day then hates him the next personally i dislike him everyday LOL).

"T" has an older child to what she calls "the one night stand dad" (yeah i know what your thinking this chick is a piece of work) who has been living with the grandparents for 2 and a half, thats when she had the ex's first kid.

So "T" only has 2 kids living with her but is claiming single parents payments for 3 kids instead of 2 from centerlink.

The thing that REALLY pee's me off is that she lives in housing commission, ( don't get me wrong i'm not against anyone that lives in H/C or single parents) and pays like 50 something bucks a week in rent and is forever crying poor, never has food in the cupboards but manages to spend riduculas amounts of money on dogs, birds, a car and furniture nothing brand new for her babies everything for herself and has my ex living with her when it suits her doesn't have a job but has her 2 kids in day care 4 days a week which she gets for free!! and she just keeps getting away with doing it.

Oh and to make the matter worst she had the nerve, along with my ex, to get the flood victims payment which she also got for herself and 3 kids!!!! but i think she got caught and is paying that back lol

I have dobbed her into centerlink 7 times over the 2 years and she spins them this BS story and just continues to live her wonderful life.

How on earth do people like "T" sleep at night knowing that when they get caught (and they will get caught at some point) they will have to pay it back and could possibly go to jail for committing fraud???

Anyway thats my vent for the day how about you do you know a "centerlink cheat"?????

Have a good night
    How do you know she's receiving parenting payment for the cild that doesn't live with her?

Moreover if she's on payments she probably is poor.

And you don't pay $50 for housing commission houses.

It sounds like you have a grudge aginst her.

Child care isn't free for anyone, even those on parenting payments.

Perhaps it wouldbe more constructive to worry about something else.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

Izy  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How does everyone know such detailed information about how much other people earn and don't earn and claim from centrelink or as tax deductions??

This fascinates me in all these threads. Seriously. Do people swap tax returns or centrelink statements at dinner parties or the playground these days??

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (17-04-2012),Pina Colada  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Welcome to the forum. If you have zero income then you would be entitled to a payment. Be it sickness, disability or even newstart. I had a gf that worked in a physical job until about 6-7 months pg and just could no longer go on working with back problems and other issues. She saw her dr who wrote her a letter for CL to get sickness benefit. I think it's only about $300 a week but it's something. Unless you will get a big payout from your job you will be entitled to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjfergusson View Post
    Well I do even if it is a tiny amount! I work hard so people can get payments from the government, and now that I have to leave work early because of a car accident injury that is worsened by the pregnancy centrelink will not help me. Basically until I get the baby bonus (I am not eligible for ppl) I will have NO income living should be fun!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    How does everyone know such detailed information about how much other people earn and don't earn and claim from centrelink or as tax deductions??

This fascinates me in all these threads. Seriously. Do people swap tax returns or centrelink statements at dinner parties or the playground these days??
    lol no the middle income families I have known who are ripping the system for SPP have straight out told me they are doing it. They have initiated the conversation. Have even told me I'm crazy to not do the same thing as it "pays for our new car repayments, easy money" that's verbatim...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Yep, I do, and they're fantastic parents. But really, it's a tiny amount of money. If someone is willing to lie and "cheat" for an extra $50 or whatever tiny amount it is, I don't really care.
    This. I really, truly couldn't care less.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjfergusson View Post
    Interesting first post.

You should be entitled to something.

Why won't you be entitled to ppl? Have you not worked long enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    lol no the middle income families I have known who are ripping the system for SPP have straight out told me they are doing it. They have initiated the conversation. Have even told me I'm crazy to not do the same thing as it "pays for our new car repayments, easy money" that's verbatim...
    Why would you tell people if you really were ripping off the system? People baffle me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast