+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    They will all get caught out in the end

I know someone who works for the fraud dep for Centrelink and the things they do to catch people is quite suprising

Yes, I agree. I know how easy it is for them to catch people out. They information that they can gather is really almost scary.

So, when I read that someone has been reported 7 times, I wonder if these people are actually committing fraud at all.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Centerlink Cheats!

Let's lock em up.

They take far too long to process my claims.

They got my claim for CCR wrong twice, short changed me heaps.

I have to wait on hold for ages if I have to phone them.

And they ask too many intrusive and personal questions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes i know lots of people who cheat the system.
    i know one person who is living with her DF and has 2 children ( 1 is his and 1 anothers)
    she claims single parent payment for both children he works full time and she works 5 days a week cash in hand! i know this cause she is my step sister.
    it really upset me as i needed help last year from centrelink and was declined,i was forced to move back to nsw with my daughter( familycourt orders daughters father) and leave my hubby in qld, i had no money, house and was preggs no family support but as i was married though we could live with each they couldnt help us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Becks82- that is wrong! I'm technically still married too! You should have been able to access the support if you were living seperately and appart (seperate finances)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know a couple. They have 2 kids. They're claiming 2 payments I think cos the husband went and moved to his friends house and got bills sent there etc and goes and visits his kids and wife. I think he's moved back now but still has stuff at his friends house. They still hold hands and clearly together etc when I see them so i know they're not 'separated' like what she's written she is on facebook.

I'd never tell on them etc. I just think it's wrong for their kids (both under 5). Wouldn't they be confused seeing the dad not staying the night and spending time apart etc? I guess this is what some people do for extra $$

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Just because you have a boyfriend it doesn't mean they are your partner.

And just because you enjoy spending time with someone it doesn't mean you can live with them without wanting to commit homocide.

They may well be cheating the system, but they might not be.
    And to say that it's would be confusing to see dad not staying the night... does that mean it's unfair that I've separated from my husband? Should I have stayed in an unhappy marriage and not have a boyfriend in future for the sake of confusing my child?

Perhaps there is more to the story than your first judgement...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    Just because you have a boyfriend it doesn't mean they are your partner.

And just because you enjoy spending time with someone it doesn't mean you can live with them without wanting to commit homocide.

They may well be cheating the system, but they might not be.
    And to say that it's would be confusing to see dad not staying the night... does that mean it's unfair that I've separated from my husband? Should I have stayed in an unhappy marriage and not have a boyfriend in future for the sake of confusing my child?

Perhaps there is more to the story than your first judgement...
    Yes. Well said. Perhaps I should stop letting FOB come over to visit DS, just in case people start their tongues wagging. Honestly I couldn't give a cr@p about other people's financial business.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're right izy I don't know the full story.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep I do and i hope with all my might that one day karma will come knocking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anyway thats my vent for the day how about you do you know a "centerlink cheat"?????
    Plenty. In most cases, they're claiming the single rate when they are in a partnership. Do I dob them in? No. None of my business. I have better things to think about.

Do I know of people who have defrauded Centrelink/Family Assistance Office and have gotten caught due to the many cross checks these agencies perform?

Hell yes. And when you get sprung after five years of ripping them off believe me it hurts the pocket and you get it on your crim record for life.

For an extra $$$ per fortnight? Bugger that!

but as i was married though we could live with each they couldnt help us.
    Centrelink doesn't give a crap if you're married. They only care whether you are living with them or if they are supporting you financially in some way. If you aren't then you are considered single.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast