+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I should add that I'm not unsympathetic to single mums working for cash to scrounge together enough for food. What saddens me, is women that live with their partners on nice incomes that claim long term benefits in large sums that they aren't entitled to.

It's the very small percentage that ruin it for those on benefits that are doing the right thing.

If I knew of a couple shirking tens of thousands of dollars in paying tax, I would say the same thing. This is most certainly not a stab at low income earners, I'm one of them

2. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (08-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some idiots that are have showed DH and I bank statements. One guy shows us his letters from centrelink and laughs at how easy it is.

All but 3 cheats I know don't need the money. One woman is collecting over $600 a fortnight for SPP then gets FTB A and B while her partner earns $1100 a week.

The other 3 are doing it so hard that I can understand why they would have to resort to cheating the system.

Dam auto correct changing my spelling!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    I often wonder the same thing. How on earth do people find out so much about what people's finances are?!?!
    Because people are quick to brag about how easy it is for them to cheat the system. I'm not saying this is all cases, but the ones I know of, they are glad to flash their money around and not afraid to say how they got it.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest though, as i mentioned in my previous post, Karma will catch up with them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    I often wonder the same thing. How on earth do people find out so much about what people's finances are?!?!
    We know this couple well, and the husband told us straight out they were doing it and how much she was getting, he actually told us we were fools if we didn't do the same thing bc it was near impossible to get caught.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wondergirl76 View Post
    Because she's Aboriginal? Whoa.

By the way, how does one seem to know so much about the ins and outs of peoples finances?
    Was this in reference to my post? (i hope i didn't offend anyone with my post, it wasn't anything against aboriginals or anything like that, was just stating how it is for my cousin- bascially my cousin figured out that if she has aboriginal kids she's more likely to get alot of support from the gov't and get things cheaper because they are aboriginal, thats what shes been told by centrelink, dept of housing and dept education)

My cousin isn't aboriginal, but was told flat out that she got the place coz her child is aboriginal (i was with her when she was sorting it all out, she was told that she'd have no hope in hell of getting a rental through housing commission if her son wasn't aboriginal. I don't know why, i just know thats what she was told.

Also, i know about the finances of the people in my example because my cousin lived with me for ages, and i was really close to her and we spoke about everything. My ex friend and i were the same, we spoke about everything coz my mum worked in centrelink she asked my advice alot, bascially, i found out she asked my advice on how to do things so she could jip the system. And my FIL coz i lived with him and we supported him for ages, so when he got a job we kept talking to him about his finances coz DH was worried bout how he could afford to live on just centrelink (he told DH how he survived...his boss paid for everything as a way of paying him on the sly).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know two couple who do it and for one it outrages me because their living the high life but constantly whine how poor they are and borrow money off other people all the time, they recently borrowed a few hundred off my bil yet they just booked an overseas holiday.... The money their stealing could have been giving to those generally struggling or homeless or even people with sick kids in hospital.

The other couple i can understand, they lost the spp completely and only get 200$ all up for their twins and the father doesnt earn enough to cover rent and food and clothes.

when kmart and target have their great sales and clearence days i buy a few items of clothes for their twins and give thrm as gifts and when my kids outgrow tgeir clothes i always give them to tgem, its just a small way i can help tgem and take a bit of stress off tgeir shoulders.

Their rent was recently increased a large amount so tgey told centrelink they have spilt. Thry said tgeir only going to do it untill tge fob can be accepted for a higher paying job.

So even though its still bad i can understand tgose who do it in extreme circumstances

Thanks
    Reviews
    You'll be very suprised at how many of these centerlink cheats openly admit that they are ripping of the system and how many of them get away with it simply because they know how to BS their way threw life.

This "T" person that im talking about in my original post scams her way through so much not only centerlink payments but a hell of alot that i know would possibly put her behind bars for a very long time. (things like getting child support from her partner even though he lives with her and see's his kids everyday and he allows it, figure that one out)

It wouldnt bother me so much that she is ripping of the system to make a better life for her kids but she is ripping of the government simply because she is greedy. Most of the money she gets it wasted on crap the kids get the bare essentials thats it. She doesn't want to tell centerlink that she is in a relationship and that she only has 2 kids in her care because she dont want to lose money, she admitted that to me when i asked her why she is doing it. pure greed thats it.

There are alot of people that are struggling day by day to live (i do myself) and i get why they would resort to taking something that they are not entitled to but not simply because they are greedy and want to live a high class life.
    Last edited by jaffasmum; 04-10-2011 at 22:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, I know of someone who receives the disability pension for marfan's syndrome (claims she absolutely cannot work in a job) and yet works for cash in hand as a nightclub door b!tch 3 nights a week and also cash in hand as a personal trainer. It's a friend of a friend so not really my business to do the dobbing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dobbed in someone twice as they weren't hard done by they were just rorting it for extra spending money. Nothing done. A chick I knew did it heaps. Got 3 months jail and got out and is doing it again. Jail didn't even bother her. I de friended her on Facebook and she sent me emails msgs texts wanting to know why. She couldn't understand how angry it made me feel seeing her bragging about her holiday each year to Thailand . When we work and still can't afford it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont know any C/L cheats but I know a tax cheat. I have reported them as well. When I was with my ex, he was taking home min $1000 a week but I didnt get any. I was on $500 a f/t (including BB) which had to pay all of the food, bubs stuff etc. FOB and his mother wanted me to claim PPS and I went as far as going to door of C/L but I couldnt do it. Even though it meant me selling off my personal items in order to buy clothes and formula for my son.