+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I do. And I understand why she does it.

It doesn't make me angry - it makes me sad that she has to earn cash in hand cleaning the houses of the women in her mother's group so she can pay her rent, feed and clothe her daughter and keep her car on the road

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    it does make me angry, but rationally I understand why some people do it. centrelink is not much money.

my brother is on dsp (mental illness) and his gf was living there for a bit while she was working, and i don't think they disclosed. what he did was wrong, but he's part of the most disadvantaged group in society and he feels pretty hopeless about his life as he'll probably never work, can't afford to go anywhere or really change his situation.

my partner has come across some centrelink fraudsters at work who are much more cunning though.

so, yeah, i don't think is centrelink fraud is equal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Yep, I do, and they're fantastic parents. But really, it's a tiny amount of money. If someone is willing to lie and "cheat" for an extra $50 or whatever tiny amount it is, I don't really care.
    This!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We made a mistake on a form and got done for 55 bucks lol - We couldn't even rip them off right haha!
    But seriously I'm sure we all know one, p!sses me off but I don't lose sleep over it. They'll get caught!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep. I have a couple of people that rip centrelink off. it annoys me greatly, especially as my mum was one of the people that had to sort their cr@p out and cop their cr@p when centrelink raised the debts against them (she was one of the people who figured out how much they owed).

My cousin is a good case. She has her 4yr old son living with her mum, but because he is aboriginal she gets a housing commission house (a full house, for just her and the child who only lives there 2 nights a week) when other families who are crammed into tiny little flats could be living in these big 3 or 4 bedroom houses that she keeps getting just coz her son is aboriginal. Oh, and she's getting paid the single parenting payment when the son doesnt live with her AND on top of that she has the newest boyfriend staying most nights who works fulltime (and earns enough to have her centrelink completely cut off).

The second one was my ex friend, She had a baby to this guy, left him stayed with another person for a little while, then went back to this guys house (another housing commission house where only 1 person was living in a big 3 bedroom house!) and still claimed the single parent payment (once again the guy was earning that much that she wouldn't have got any partnered payment if she was honest). When they found out they were a couple again (coz she had another kid to him!) she left his house again ''officially'' and said they were broken up again. Now, she's back again and still NOT partnered with him in centrelinks eyes.

Third one was my FIL, he was working full time and claiming centrelink payments but because he was getting ''paid'' by his bills being paid by the boss, he got given a car, she bought him food/credit/smokes/fuel etc (didn't pay him in cash) he managed to talk his way out of it when centrelink found out.

I would have reported all 3 if i could have done it without them going crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    This thread is gonna turn ugly! I'm just gonna bite my tongue :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because she's Aboriginal? Whoa.

By the way, how does one seem to know so much about the ins and outs of peoples finances?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (17-04-2012),Gruffalo  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wondergirl76 View Post
    Because she's Aboriginal? Whoa.

By the way, how does one seem to know so much about the ins and outs of peoples finances?
    I often wonder the same thing. How on earth do people find out so much about what people's finances are?!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'v known a couple. The worst is a couple that have claimed SPP for her for 5 kids while he was/is earning very nice dollars, for wait for it.... about 15 years. They have a brand new car they've paid off from all the money they have and 'he' is looking at getting a house loan. That's about $1500 p/f they are not entitled to. They've been dobbed in heaps (not by me) but they just deny it and CL does nothing. They just 'get back together' when she gets pregnant with another, then they 'break up' a fortnight later and she's back on SPP.

Normally I kind of let this sort of stuff wash over me, but if I was to work out how much over 15+ years they have unfairly got.. well it's alot, and that's unfair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsugardumplin' View Post
    Yes I do. And I understand why she does it.

It doesn't make me angry - it makes me sad that she has to earn cash in hand cleaning the houses of the women in her mother's group so she can pay her rent, feed and clothe her daughter and keep her car on the road
    This. ( not exactly but pretty much the same)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bank For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (18-04-2012)