+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default MY VENT ... Centerlink cheats.... Do you know one??????

Hi everyone hope you all had a great day.

I thought i would start this thread as i know someone that has been ripping off centerlink for 2 and a half years and they just keep getting away with.

Here is the story.....

I've known this person, i'll call her "T", for around about 5 years, unfortunatly "T" is the mother of my ex's kids, ( i say mother of his kids because she likes him one day then hates him the next personally i dislike him everyday LOL).

"T" has an older child to what she calls "the one night stand dad" (yeah i know what your thinking this chick is a piece of work) who has been living with the grandparents for 2 and a half, thats when she had the ex's first kid.

So "T" only has 2 kids living with her but is claiming single parents payments for 3 kids instead of 2 from centerlink.

The thing that REALLY pee's me off is that she lives in housing commission, ( don't get me wrong i'm not against anyone that lives in H/C or single parents) and pays like 50 something bucks a week in rent and is forever crying poor, never has food in the cupboards but manages to spend riduculas amounts of money on dogs, birds, a car and furniture nothing brand new for her babies everything for herself and has my ex living with her when it suits her doesn't have a job but has her 2 kids in day care 4 days a week which she gets for free!! and she just keeps getting away with doing it.

Oh and to make the matter worst she had the nerve, along with my ex, to get the flood victims payment which she also got for herself and 3 kids!!!! but i think she got caught and is paying that back lol

I have dobbed her into centerlink 7 times over the 2 years and she spins them this BS story and just continues to live her wonderful life.

How on earth do people like "T" sleep at night knowing that when they get caught (and they will get caught at some point) they will have to pay it back and could possibly go to jail for committing fraud???

Anyway thats my vent for the day how about you do you know a "centerlink cheat"?????

Have a good night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I do, but I figure karma will catch up with them in the long run, and it's not worth me stressing about. I have to say though, she is very brave. With the amount centrelink have been cracking down on fraudulent cases like this, she will get caught eventually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yep, I do, and they're fantastic parents. But really, it's a tiny amount of money. If someone is willing to lie and "cheat" for an extra $50 or whatever tiny amount it is, I don't really care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know quite a few. They range from disability payment but still earn cash in hand, career's pension, single parent pension but living as a couple, one couple are both claiming the spp but live together. Some of them have offered to assist DH and I of doing the same thing. I couldn't do it. The thought of been caught and labelled a criminal scares me straight. They have the 'it won't happen to me' mentality of been caught.

They will all get caught one day. And the longer it goes on the worse the punishment will be. Some of them I will be there to catch them when they fall, others I will laugh at.

Dam auto correct changing my spelling!!!
    Last edited by The Girls Only Club; 04-10-2011 at 18:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Yep, I do, and they're fantastic parents. But really, it's a tiny amount of money. If someone is willing to lie and "cheat" for an extra $50 or whatever tiny amount it is, I don't really care.
    This. Honestly I couldn't care less about such tiny things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    It's not really that small of an amount, I guess it does depend on what your claiming, but when I moved in with my now partner I lost over $600 a fortnight in payments (my single pension payment) which is quite a significant amount. But it was definielty not worth the risk of getting caught, having a huge debt, or worse, jail time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yes i do. Just wanted to point out also that she pays more than what you think in rent. I pay more than that.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Bubhub

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No i don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Myztiks, i re-read what i wrote i meant around $105 p/w sorry for typo.

I understand that you lose money when you start living with someone or what ever the situation but at the end of the day it's not worth lying just to get a bit of extra cash.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know a few:

J is on the disability pension for a bad back, but I have frequently seen him chop wood and has gone digging spuds for cash in hand. Now I have never done either job but I would imagine you couldn't do them with a bad back. J's partner gets carer allowance and they have 5 children of their own. J's partner K has told me that they get around $2300 a f/n from Centerlink and in the busy harvesting season J can bring home $500 a week, so they can earn up to $3,300 a f/n.

They rent a house from one of J's friends and last time K told me they were paying $100 a week, yet their friend signs that they are pay $250 a week so they can get the max rent assistance from Centrelink.

J and his partner have been ripping Centrelink off for at least 5 years and I have dobbed them in, J's own parents have dobbed him in and nothing has happened.

Karma is a b!tch and I can't wait till they get caught out. Both will go to jail for sure given the amounts of money they have ripped off.