+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    plus around $40 a day for smokes.
    your weekly smokes = our weekly rent!!

I spent about $100-180 a week for 2 adults, 1 toddler, a dog and 2 cats.

I buy our fruit, veg and eggs from the farmers market and spend $40-50 for enough for a fortnight. We also grow some veg, but we rent and the ground here is rubbish, so it's in tubs so can't grow as much as I would like!

I also try to buy meat and staples on special to keep the freezer and cupboard stocked and usually do one big and one little shop in a fortnight. DH also takes his lunch with him, so the bits for that are in the shop.

While I love living here, it's a tourist town so groceries are unfortunately more expensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No I meant day. Thats only for me, DH buys his own as well.
    Thats alot! Im a smoker to! But i think id prob be throwing my guts up if i smoked that much.

Are stressed or just a heavy smoker?
    No judgement or anyrhing at all, just curious?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    around $100-$150 a week for 2 adults one 20 m.o

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I meant $30 lol, thats a pack of 50 a day from the corner shop. And yes, we know that it equals a house deposit etc. If we couldnt afford it we would quit, but the truth is we can afford it (which we are very lucky for and i know that).

Sent from my INQ Cloud Touch using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Between $300-400 a fortnight for 2 adults, 2 preteens, a 17month old in nappies overnight and a dog.

$80-100 at wholesale butcher and that can last 3 to 4 weeks. We eat meat 6 nights a week and the other night is vegetarian night.
    $150 at least in fruit and vegetables (DD1 is vegetarian) we shop at a fruit market.
    I spend $150 between the cannery, Aldi and Coles (usually only deodorant and ice cream and dog treats (she very fussy) at Coles)

Every Sunday I bake things the kids take for school and DH work. I plan meals for the whole week and don't deter from it. I make a fruit salad and send it with kids and DH for lunch. I probably make one every 3 days. I make our own bread. We don't drink soft drink, squeeze our own juice.

Damn auto correct changing my spelling!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    2 hungry adults (one pregnant/breastfeeding and a big hubby) and a nearly-1 year old, $200/week. I skip a shop every month though so it's more like $600/month. Most of that is fresh fruit and veg from the growers market, plus meat.

Perth is an expensive place to live.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    $700 a fortnight

2 adults, 1 huge teenager, 6 children and 2 dogs

Thanks
    Reviews
    I meant $30 lol, thats a pack of 50 a day from the corner shop. And yes, we know that it equals a house deposit etc. If we couldnt afford it we would quit, but the truth is we can afford it (which we are very lucky for and i know that).

Sent from my INQ Cloud Touch using Bubhub
    Oh my gosh- forget about the amount of money that is, what about the time! If you smoke 50 a day, and spend 4-5 minute to smoke each one then you spend just over 4 hours every day smoking!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (07-10-2011),trishalishous  (06-10-2011),~ElectricPink~  (07-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our weekly shop is $250/$300pw eeek  for a family of 5 (2 adults, 1tween, 1child & 1baby)... This includes nappies but not formula as we have to buy a specialty chemist formula for DS. I am sad to say I'm too tired most days to shop around, and enjoy going to one main place quickly even when the quality is not always that great  my mum would be disappointed!

Sent from my iTwinkle

Thanks
    Reviews
    $400-$450 a week for 2 adults, 3 children, 2 dogs and that doesnt include the 1 dinner and 1 lunch out a week we generally have. Its huge but we live remote so everything is more expensive and goes off far quicker than it should so I am constantly having to top up. I also have 3 toddlers/baby in nappies and a Formula fed baby.
    Before we moved here it was around $250 a week inc nappies and formula