+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    geez $40 on cigarettes is a house deposit after a year, or first class family holiday to europe for a month!
    Im thinking she might meant to write "week" not day. If not then wow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    we eat meat 7 days a week, but i get reduced meat (every tues its half price at our local woolies) and we only eat small portions.
    We eat meat every night too. We buy ours from the halal wholesalers, our monthly meat bill comes to around $80 not including steak that I will only eat fresh. Our fruit and veg we get from the markets at around $150 a month (my kids are massive fruit eaters) and our cleaning/toiletries/general groceries come to $150 a month as well. But dp smokes, drinks and likes to buy nice treats so there is another $100 per WEEK that I am hoping to cut down before baby is here. Included in general groceries are nappies and cat food. That is for 2 adults, a 7yr old, a 4.5yr old, a 20mth old and a belly bub lol. Plus a cat and dog.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is around $200 a f/n for 2 adults I do most of my shopping at the vic market and then top up on fresh things bread milk ect during the fortnight! I've tried to cut it down more but DH loves the expensive cuts of meat we would use 1/2 of the 200 for meat alone!

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    around $250 a F/N and every 3/4 months around $320(big stock up) thats for 2 adults 1 teenager 2 kids and 1 dog ( 1kids still needs nappies and wipes)

* meat 5 days a week
    * buy everything you can in bulk
    * buy in season
    * meal plan
    * make most things from scratch
    * eggs my kids love eggs i get a tray of 30 for $7 from the farm
    * i always spend my shopping budget even if i dont have to (stock up on non perishables) love loving6 idea about girt cards
    Last edited by bunkx; 06-10-2011 at 16:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBoys View Post
    Im thinking she might meant to write "week" not day. If not then wow!
    No I meant day. Thats only for me, DH buys his own as well.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykahla View Post
    We eat meat every night too. We buy ours from the halal wholesalers, our monthly meat bill comes to around $80 not including steak that I will only eat fresh. Our fruit and veg we get from the markets at around $150 a month (my kids are massive fruit eaters) and our cleaning/toiletries/general groceries come to $150 a month as well. But dp smokes, drinks and likes to buy nice treats so there is another $100 per WEEK that I am hoping to cut down before baby is here. Included in general groceries are nappies and cat food. That is for 2 adults, a 7yr old, a 4.5yr old, a 20mth old and a belly bub lol. Plus a cat and dog.
    <br />
    <br />
    i wish we had more choice down here! there are weekly fruit/eg/meat markets but they sell out within 15 mins. we are considering growing our own meat, but i dont think i can do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    wow! I thought you meant a week too. So does your DH smoke the same amount? Did you ever realise before, what Trish said about it being a house deposite after a year? Good to think of money as what it would end up being after a year to put it into perspective some times.

My shop is usually $200 to $300 every two weeks for only 2 adults, 2 toddlers. We don't have to buy nappies or forumla and I hardly eat meat, so for us it is mostly vegies, but if I want things like expensive mushrooms and olives etc we buy them. We should probably stop and save up the money used but it is nice to have an antipasto platter at the end of the week with DH, we never go out so it feels like a date night in sitting outside chatting haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Out of curiosity- how many cigarettes do you get for $40 a day (I'm a non-smoker with no idea how much they're worth)?

That's so much money...I seriously don't think I could afford to smoke!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We spend around $100. Some weeks less. That's for everything including cleaning and toiletries. Maybe once a fortnight we grab a bottle of wine though which is $20-30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    $250-$300 a fortnight ATM with two adults & 1 toddler who eats a lot these days. It used to be $180 a fortnight so I'm LOVING being able to loosen up a bit and get some nice extras!!!