+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What's left to get?

So Here's a list of what I have already from DD and plus the extra we've gotten. Guess I just wanna know if anyone thinks I'm missing anything or if you guys have any further suggestions I really wanna be organised as money is rather tight so the more I know now the easier I can budget to get the things we need.

2x highchairs
    1x Twin pram
    3x car seats
    1x Portacot with change table (for sleeping in our room as our bassinet is now useless damn it!)
    1x Cot + one on the way (from my aunty) for later
    1x swing
    1x rocker
    2x playmat
    8x newborn nappy boxes
    1x change table

I think that's the main things anything I missing/would make life easier?

And I'm not gonna start a whole new thread so just like to know what gestation your multi's got to and were they frat/identical? I'm praying for 34+wks but my DD came at 31+5wks so I'm not holding my breath!

I'm sure threads like this have been done 10000000 times so sorry if it feels like the same sh!t over and over lol
    Last edited by kribby; 04-10-2011 at 12:14.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi kribby, I cant think of anything else you might need. If anyone offers to help, take up the offer, even if it not needed right this minute, ask for their phone number. My twins were identical, born at 37wks, needed no special care, only cot rest for the first 24hours. All the best to you, Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    hi kribby, I cant think of anything else you might need. If anyone offers to help, take up the offer, even if it not needed right this minute, ask for their phone number. My twins were identical, born at 37wks, needed no special care, only cot rest for the first 24hours. All the best to you, Marie.
    Thanks you sweets I'm a bit of an organiser so I like to have everything outta the way lol mine are identical boys but I've just been told to expect them from (hopefully) 30+ wks due to placenta/uterine flow issues! Argh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would say also stock up on things that you don't want to run out of, like toilet paper, biscuits etc
    Best wishes x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by october View Post
    I would say also stock up on things that you don't want to run out of, like toilet paper, biscuits etc
    Best wishes x
    Wow never thought of that! What a good idea! Definitely don't wanna have to go the shops just seeing how the seats are gonna sit in the back of my car gave me a headache lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would get another rocker/bouncer because if you ever need/want to bottle feed then you can feed them both at once. Also handy to sit them in when you need your hands free.
    Wipes, wipes, wipes! Big W sell 10x packets of Curash wipes for $2.80 a packet. I go through a lot of wipes.
    Something that I found easier was to have a 2nd changing station in the lounge room. There was many times when it was just a pita to cart the twins back and forth to the nursery when you are changing 20 nappies a day so I had a change mat and a plastic tub of supplies I kept in the loungeroom. I think I got so over it in the end that I put the tub and change mat in the nursery for emergency overnight changes and put the change table in the loungeroom!
    A baby carrier is handy but not a necessity. I used mine to get to the twin trolleys at the shops etc. One would go in the carrier and Id carry the other. Also made it easier for quick trips in to get milk etc
    If you BF a good twin feeding pillow, if you FF lots and lots of bottles because you dont want to have to wash bottles any more often than necessary (I had 18 in my rotation to begin with, 8 feeds a day plus 1 extra for each baby), steraliser and consider using Karicare because they let you buy direct in bulk at half the price delivered to your door for twins
    Double the amount of cot sheets, mattress protectors, clothes etc.
    A dryer if you can swing it!! It was my lifesaver in the early days because getting to the clothesline can be impossible

My twins were Di-Di Identical boys, confirmed with a DNA test. We made it to 37 weeks after 2 early labour/haemorraging scares at 29 and 33 weeks and then hypertension at 35 weeks. The plan was to get to 38-39 weeks but by they limped me over the 'full term' line and then evicted the babies before it could be diagnosed as pre-eclampsia. I was in and out of hospital and on bedrest from 29 weeks which is why I think I made it to term in the end.
    One of my twins was born flat, resuscitated and then on CPAP in NICU for a few days and the other was on the ward with me. Both perfectly healthy 2 year olds now.

Good luck! I hope you are still feeling comfortable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Timestwo View Post
    I would get another rocker/bouncer because if you ever need/want to bottle feed then you can feed them both at once. Also handy to sit them in when you need your hands free.
    Wipes, wipes, wipes! Big W sell 10x packets of Curash wipes for $2.80 a packet. I go through a lot of wipes.
    Something that I found easier was to have a 2nd changing station in the lounge room. There was many times when it was just a pita to cart the twins back and forth to the nursery when you are changing 20 nappies a day so I had a change mat and a plastic tub of supplies I kept in the loungeroom. I think I got so over it in the end that I put the tub and change mat in the nursery for emergency overnight changes and put the change table in the loungeroom!
    A baby carrier is handy but not a necessity. I used mine to get to the twin trolleys at the shops etc. One would go in the carrier and Id carry the other. Also made it easier for quick trips in to get milk etc
    If you BF a good twin feeding pillow, if you FF lots and lots of bottles because you dont want to have to wash bottles any more often than necessary (I had 18 in my rotation to begin with, 8 feeds a day plus 1 extra for each baby), steraliser and consider using Karicare because they let you buy direct in bulk at half the price delivered to your door for twins
    Double the amount of cot sheets, mattress protectors, clothes etc.
    A dryer if you can swing it!! It was my lifesaver in the early days because getting to the clothesline can be impossible

My twins were Di-Di Identical boys, confirmed with a DNA test. We made it to 37 weeks after 2 early labour/haemorraging scares at 29 and 33 weeks and then hypertension at 35 weeks. The plan was to get to 38-39 weeks but by they limped me over the 'full term' line and then evicted the babies before it could be diagnosed as pre-eclampsia. I was in and out of hospital and on bedrest from 29 weeks which is why I think I made it to term in the end.
    One of my twins was born flat, resuscitated and then on CPAP in NICU for a few days and the other was on the ward with me. Both perfectly healthy 2 year olds now.

Good luck! I hope you are still feeling comfortable!
    Wipes is something I definitely need more of! DD uses that many I dread to think how many I'm going to go through! I'll see how I go with the change table but I think you've got a good idea there! Got a dryer so all set there. I FF DD so I have around 12bottles so that's good but I'll see how I go BFing first (don't wanna jinx myself) I have heard about KK which is awesome because it's the only one that didn't constipate DD! And the sheets and stuff are a good plan too! Man I'm going to be broke!!!! Lol

I have identical twin boys but theyre sharing the placenta. Don't think I'll make it to term but I'm going to take it day by day and hopefully get to a not so scary gestation before having them. And I think that's what they'll do with me too make sure they come before PE does as it's almost a certainty it's coming we just don't know when. Just 10more weeks at minimum and I'll be happy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timestwo View Post
    consider using Karicare because they let you buy direct in bulk at half the price delivered to your door for twins
    Really?? That would save so much time and money, how do I do this? I've had a little look on their website but can't find that, will keep looking but do you call them or email???

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you have to do it through the multiples association with a letter from your gp. My cousin has 8 mo twins and gets NAN HA at almost half price delivered in bulk to her house this way.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Toomanyboys For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (22-07-2012)