+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ACU Banyo - 1st year student Bachelor of Midwifery. QUESTIONS!!

Hi to everyone who has taken the time to read my thread!

Im freaking out!

I got accepted into bMid 2011 but deferred. I have decided I am going to start my studies in 2012. I honestly have no idea where to begin.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to the units and how many etc? How do I know Im choosing the right ones?

I also am baffled with the timetable etc. how do you read the thing? I hear you can get your on-campus days down to 4 days a week, which is what I would like to aim for.

Should I be asking the Uni itself about these questions? If you think you can help me in any way Id really appreciate it.

Anyone else starting bMid at ACU 2012?

thanks everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bambi,

I am Nursing at ACU but I think I may be able to help you. There should be a course handbook for Midwifery on the ACU website. It should tell you what units are available etc. Timetabling will be different for everyone. It will depened on what tute and lectures are available but first semester first year I was on campus three days a week. Mind'Nursing do 3 of the same subjects first semester.

If you call the uni they will be able to tell you exactly what to enroll into if you are going part time etc.

HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks for your reply. I will give the Uni a call first thing on Monday. Im going to be studying fulltime. I know its going to be full on but Id rather do it that way than part time. Crazy, im so excited but also anxious about everything else (childcare, home duties etc) Im sure Im over exaggerating a tad with it all too, thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I am also starting this year. Am overwhelmed with the timetable. Spent my day just enrolling and working out what to do next!
    Lisa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bambi79 View Post
    Hi to everyone who has taken the time to read my thread!

Im freaking out!

I got accepted into bMid 2011 but deferred. I have decided I am going to start my studies in 2012. I honestly have no idea where to begin.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to the units and how many etc? How do I know Im choosing the right ones?

I also am baffled with the timetable etc. how do you read the thing? I hear you can get your on-campus days down to 4 days a week, which is what I would like to aim for.

Should I be asking the Uni itself about these questions? If you think you can help me in any way Id really appreciate it.

Anyone else starting bMid at ACU 2012?

thanks everyone!

Hi Bambi79

I am too looking to start my B Mid degree this year!! I am soooooo nervous as to how I will handle it all

I was also looking to attend 4 days per week, but was too slow with allocations and have to attend 5 days - at least Monday is only 4-6pm with the auto allocated MIDW127 lecture.

A few ladies from another thread who are also commencing studies will be meeting up at the orientation on the 15th. The more the merrier if you are interested??? Are you attending the fitting tomorrow?

Talk soon
    Jodie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! I'm not sure if this is relevant as I understand that this is an old thread - but I am going to apply to do a Batchelor of Midwifery at ACU for 2013.
    Applications don't open until August but I am completely clueless as to what the enrollment process will entail and I really want to get accepted. I know hat for prac they need a blue card and a CPR cert which I am willing to get but do I need this BEFORE I apply and have the paperwork with my application?
    Also would you know when the closing date for apps would be (1 month, 4 months etc). I have emailed the Uni but they said they are overwhelmed and it would take a while for a reply.
    If anyone can help I would be so appreciative!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by foggy View Post
    Hi ladies! I'm not sure if this is relevant as I understand that this is an old thread - but I am going to apply to do a Batchelor of Midwifery at ACU for 2013.
    Applications don't open until August but I am completely clueless as to what the enrollment process will entail and I really want to get accepted. I know hat for prac they need a blue card and a CPR cert which I am willing to get but do I need this BEFORE I apply and have the paperwork with my application?
    Also would you know when the closing date for apps would be (1 month, 4 months etc). I have emailed the Uni but they said they are overwhelmed and it would take a while for a reply.
    If anyone can help I would be so appreciative!!
    Hi Foggy

All you need to do is apply and wait for your offer. The Prac is not until the end of first year, so you have plenty of time to get CPR etc. When you get accepted you will get a Course Enrolment Guide with information about requirements needed. If you have an OP from high school or equivalent you can use this for your application or otherwise you may need to sit a STAT test. Details for this will be available on the QTAC site. The first round of offers are usually in December and then the next round in January. You can start your application once QTAC opens and save it so that you can get further information as required. If you need any more help, don't hesitate to ask and good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks JSAH! I appreciate your reply!
    So by not having the CPR cert and blue card etc it won't hinder my being accepted over someone with a similar rank but with these certs?

I thinki will have to call them as I completed high school but not with an OP as I did a school based traineeship so I don't have the required English pass but I ave since completed a cert 3 in financial services. This should give me points, yeah??

I know I know, call them!! I will have my list of questions ready.