+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ellymoe - My morning sickness really waned at about 10.5 weeks and I read the same info as Violet about the placenta taking over. Boobs have been constantly changing so nothing would surprise me with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ellymoe, like the others have said its best to ask FS when you go in.

I have had no symptoms of morning sickness or nausea at all which has been really really scary cos i keep worrying that I dont "feel"pregnant. When I told my FS this he laughed and said only one in four people with get symptoms and that much again will only notice a few.

I have noticed though that the last five or six days I have been extremely teary and everything makes me cry. My boobs have been sore on and off and I have been grumpy much more than usual.

Hope all of you ladies are going well though and cant wait til we all get to have more scans. I really cant wait to find out the sex of my baby as shopping has been so so so hard lol

to all and hope all are going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha Violet, I am only 8 weeks but I have a belly that pokes out due to the ohss! It's not uncomfortable any more, but I want it to go down because I'm not ready to tell most people I'm pregnant yet and I catch them eyeing my belly suspiciously! I actually had a client ask me the other day and I lied and said no - I think if someone is rude enough to ask I can be rude enough to lie to them about it. I really want it to go down so the people that suspect can see it go down, then a few weeks later I can tell them I am. That's gotta mess with some minds!

As for the MS fears, I did some google searching and found lots of women saying they had the MS symptoms disappear, only to reappear with a vengeance later on or in some cases, not at all, and that you should only worry if they disappear and you start bleeding soon afterwards. So I'm feeling a lot better about it and am taking advantage of feeling so much better at the moment by getting in some light exercise while I can, went on 2 walks with DH today, washed the car and generally did all the things I had zero motivation to do while I was feeling like cr*p. Hope everyone else's MS is going easy on them!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 22 Weeks...

Violet – Have you had your scan yet?? If not, it must be any day now? Yay, how exciting!! How’s the belly looking now? I went thru a stage of what probably looked thick and chubby round the middle before suddenly popping out, mainly below my belly button. I think my insides must be getting more squished up now as my belly has had another pop-out so it’s more rounded from under my boobs down to pubic-bone. I only ever feel bubs moving and kicking from my belly-button downwards so everything above must be my bits-n-pieces. My belly-button is already getting less-deep so...I think I’m definitely in for a pregnancy-outie! Let us know how your scan went/goes!

Littlejoey – Shopping is hard not knowing the sex huh. Some of the green stuff looks ok with either sex...? You must have your 12 week scan coming up soon-ish? See if you can’t get a idea with that scan....just reassure the scan-person that you know it would only be an rough estimate so they don’t feel pressured to give you an accurate answer. I was a little sneaky and “just happened” to mention that my friend found out the sex of her three boys at all of her 12 week scans (true story) but....”that was with the opposition ultrasound company so, maybe they have different equipment” ......my scan lady straight away seemed like she wanted to prove that she could tell too and went on to say that she had a theory about this strip of light at the pubic area....poking straight-out was definitely a boy....laying down against the skin could go either way but, lent towards a girl. Ours was down...and she’s a she. All three of my friends-kids was poking out...and she has three boys.
    Elly – Hey, how’s it all going? MS gone for good or, did it rear it’s ugly head again? Book your 12 week scan yet? I get that ‘about-to-faint’ feeling every now and then too and my OB said it’s because I have low-ish blood pressure. I‘ve always had low blood pressure, even before falling pregnant and would occasionally get dizzy if I was standing up for ages (Dh would joke that I only ever seemed to get it when I went to Bunning's with him and had to stand there waiting for him to choose a particular type of screw or nail. Such exciting stuff! lol), Think it has gotten a little worse since falling pregnant tho. I was waiting in a Target line the other day and had to lose my spot and go sit on one of the manchester bed displays as I started to get clammy and see black-spots! Just sat there for a while and drank some of my water and all was ok after a little while. Wish I wasn’t on my own tho as I must have looked a little weird I guess. I know what works when someone faints or is about to faint during a blood test.....laying down with your feet propped-up on something or at least your knees bent up with a cold, damp cloth on your forehead or better still, behind your neck. Drinking really cold water always spruces people up pretty fast too.....they say they can almost feel the cold water going all the way down their insides and reaching their toes! Get the exercise in while you can...gosh I get out of breath so easily these days, I can’t even talk after walking up a little hill! My dog keeps turning around during our walks and looking at me as he can’t get into his usual trotting-along speed that we used to go at.

Windup – Aww, your pretty lovely yourself you know How’s it all going? My sis is a few days behind you (EDD moved to 2nd Dec) and is getting pretty over it all too....ready to give birth and still pretty adamant that she won’t be using any drugs at all. Her husband is a big (tall and big-boned defence-force-boy) and was not only one of the biggest babies on record born in Tasmania but, him and his sister were the biggest twins born there also! So, if her bub is anything like it’s daddy....she will be my new hero as she is this tiny petite lil thing. I just read the other day that our ribs actually stretch and spread-out to accommodate bub and our squished-up bits so..I can only imagine how uncomfortable that would/is going to be! Not long to go for you now!!! Who do you think will have the stronger geans? You or DH? I’m going to be sending you soooo many “smooth-sailing” and “low-pain” wishes when it’s your time!!! You’ll have to get your DH to drop us a line so we know when it all happens and that everything went ok and all. I hope we all keep in touch through our groggy-no-sleep time too....when we’ll all be mommy’s!!!

Heya Sammy – How quick is time going!!! Hey, I’ve lost track of what date you are due? I’m 2nd of March (though scan said 28th Feb). I hope we get to score some great post-Chrissy baby-sales huh?! I’m like, shopping-crazy lately...can’t get enough. I guess I might try to get things early as I’m going to be at my biggest during the hottest months (and up here on the Gold Coast too! Bleh!! Humid-fest). Sleeping is going ok I suppose...I was trying to only sleep on my left side but found that I really really needed a second position to move to every now and then so, I’ve been rolling over to my right sometimes too. Is that bad do you think? I never feel numb anywhere when I do that. I wake myself up if I happen to roll onto my back....that doesn’t feel all that comfy and bub usually kicks up a storm when I do that so I don’t think she likes that either. I still hug a pillow which is also in-between my knees weather I’m on my left or right (which cures my “used to be a belly-sleeper” problem too...sort-of) and lift my belly to be supported by the same pillow....poor hubby has a lot less space in bed these days though, sometimes I roll over and find him hugging one of my pillows too! Lucky we have a king. I’ve changed to a boomerang-pillow for my head also so, pretty much surrounded by pillows atm, lol. You work full-time don’t you? How far along are you planning to work to? I really don’t know....it’s hard to tell how you’ll feel later on huh. I’m already starting to feel pretty buggered towards the end of a working day and I’m only 22 weeks. Do you think you’ll make a clean cut into maternity-leave or....slowly cut back on days??

AFM – We cleared out the nursery today...YAY! Been itching to do that for a while now but it was crammed with a couple of boxes we still hadn’t un-packed after moving back home from a couple of years living O/S but mainly full of sentimental stuff we don’t really know what to do with from my FIL (who passed away end-of last year). I think I might buy the cot and chest/change-table we like in the next week or so which will really make it start to look like a nursery. Not sure if we’ll paint a feature wall or not.....might just baby-fy the room with some wall stickers, decorations and curtains. Just found that our local baby-stores have just started stocking the baby-manchester that I had my eye on via the internet (thought it was only sold overseas) so I got ridiculously excited over that today and bought a soft-pillowed “Baby Awake” / “Shhh...Baby Sleeping” door-knob hanger from the set today....SO cute!
    Had my first real “hormonal” day the other day....so silly. I was ironing one of my work shirts before work the other morning and when I went to put it on, it wouldn’t do up! Well....if I really sucked in it would but, the bottom three buttons were bursting at the seems and the back/bottom flap thing was so stretched that it stuck right out like a platypus tail or something! There was no way I could wear it. It was my “washing-day” work shirt so I figured coz I hadn’t worn it in a while....it must be a smaller make or something. So then I was thinking I would have to put a dirty shirt on and wasn’t really looking forward to that so I scrounged through some washing that I had done which needed to be ironed and put away and was super happy that I found one of my usual shirts clean and ready to iron! So I ironed that really quick as I hadn’t had breaky yet (and have learnt my lesson that I HAVE to have breakfast if I don’t want to be a total air-head at work, shaky with a needle and feel sick from lack of food). Low-and-behold....the bloody thing wouldn’t fit either! I only wore the thing the week before!!! So I scrounged around for this other top an ex-employee had sent back-in which was this stretchy material that I pinched on it’s way back to the uniform dept, thinking it would do me for when I was really big....well this stupid material just wouldn’t iron properly! Even though the wrinkles were out...you could see where they were in a darker red zig-zagging all over the shirt! I’m in management and thought that it really didn’t look good for me to be wearing a top looking like that at all! So I got out the maternity-tops that the uniform department had sent to me the week before but seriously.....they are soooo huge!!! I don’t even look pregnant in them and I could probably fit three other people in there with me! By this stage I was a couple of minutes after what time I should’ve left for work. So....I’ll admit....I started to cry! Pffft.....though I can say that it didn’t take me to long to realize how silly the whole situation was and I was soon laughing/crying to myself. My DH has been filling up my car with fuel so I don’t have to breath in the fumes and when I got in my car....whilst shoving some toast in my mouth...I realized I forgot to tell him I needed fuel....so I started to cry again. ha ha....bloody hormones!!! Finally got to work and every single person commented on my stretchy-top and how “huge” I was looking......did not help my fat-feeling morning....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Hope this finds everyone tracking along very uneventfully with their pregnancies.

Littlejoeyg - isn't baby shopping fun? I really had no idea that picking out a pram would give me so many hours of unadulterated entertainment. I surprised myself in that my pram/stroller was pretty unisex as was my furniture for the nursery so I bought those before we found out the gender. I have now cut myself off (especially of buying clothes) as her little dresses now take up 1/3 of the hanging space in my main closet....

Violet - fingers crossed on a brilliant scan. So exciting.

Sammy - oh just you wait - the fun bits are yet to come.... I'm feeling a bit better about the discomfort after (finally) getting a good nights sleep last night. Hope you're doing well

Ladydee- I do love your marathon posts! Sounds like you've been a very sane pregnant woman if this is as bad as it has gotten. Does your dh know he is a lucky man? There was a funny thread on the general pregnancy chat section a few weeks ago about the crazy things people were making their partners do and dh thought that I was so great after he read it. I'm glad to hear things are going so well. Good luck with your nursery furniture shopping - the sleigh bed you posted was really lovely. I just put up my wall stickers last weekend (we rent) and they look so great I think I would do the same thing even if we owned. Thank you for your 'low pain' wishes. We've been very diligently practicing our calmbirth techniques, let's see if I can even remember any of them on the day/days.

AFM - 36 weeks tomorrow!!! I can hardly believe that we get to meet little princess so soon. She is getting very scrunched in my belly, but has started to drop a little so my ribs are feeling much better. Nursery is done and hospital bag is packed. OB said on Friday that bub looks like she might slip right out - she's head down with her face pointing the right way. Baby girl will be officially full term next week . Some days I can still barely believe that this huge squirming bump I'm carrying around is my little daughter and that we're only weeks away.

Isn't she already being so helpful, holding up mummy's ice cream?

IMG_0442.jpg

Hello to all those I've missed. Belly rubs to everyone!

PS - Ladydee, had no idea how far my bellybutton could stretch, it's nearly flat but hasn't popped yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Windupbird - love the photo! Hard to imagine this belly getting so big! Like Ladydee said, there is a period where you just look like you could just be heavy around the middle rather than pregnant, and due to the stupid ohss I'm already there!

Ladydee - The MS appears to be gone for now! Not worrying because I had a scan and all's well. I don't think I've had any hormonal moments, but I have been having very vivid dreams. I had the weirdest dream the other night, I was having a scan and the woman doing it said "it looks like you have a girl in there!", and I went off at her, "But I told you I didn't want to know the sex until the birth!". She started crying and all the staff went to comfort her and they didn't finish my scan.......that's only one of the vivid dreams I've been having!I have low blood pressure as well, it was amazing how much I got fussed over 2 of the staff.

I had a scan last Friday, mainly to monitor the ohss. So cute, Dr said the baby was sleeping because it was all curled up, looked at my ovaries to make sure ohss is settling down, then looked at baby again and it had woken up and was moving around. So lovely to see

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - I'm due Jan 23rd although the ob thinks I'm likely to be induced about the 15th. I didn't even think about post chrissy sales!! I'm going to be massive though as I'll be 36 weeks at xmas so may not be as fun as previous years lol. I haven't gone crazy at all with the shopping..... it's so hard not knowing what your having. I see all this cute stuff in the shop but resist the urge to buy. So far I've just really got the essentials. I'm having my baby shower the first weekend in Dec so I think I'll wait and see what gifts bubs gets and then go from there. I'm still sleeping pretty well..... the pillow under the belly is definitely helping. Dh quite often steals my pillow too in the night and I have to try and yank it from underneath him lol. Yeah I work full time. I've got 3 weeks in November where I have to work 6 days weeks which is going to make me exhausted.... I'm just covering for another lady on annual leave but I'm sure I'll be a zombie at the end. My plan when I got pregnant was to always work up until 36 weeks (all going well) so that is what I will be doing. It works out perfect for me as my last day of work will be the 23rd December. It's so nice knowing that I don't have to work over xmas. My last 2 weeks at work though I have cut down to only work 4 days. I've booked the Mondays off to give me two three day weekends in a row. I figure this way I can do any last minute xmas stuff without having to go out on the weekends and also just have some me time.

Windupbird - Yay 36 weeks for you....your so close!!! Love the picture. I've got large (.)(.) so I've said my belly will be able to hold them up soon.... no need for a bra haha. Can't wait to hear your birth story.

AFM: 28 weeks today!! Yay, time is still flying by though. Especially now that xmas stuff is in the shops!! I'm feeling pretty good at the moment with no real complaints. I know quite a few people who are pregnant at the moment and all they ever do is complain about their pregnancies and how much that want the baby out but I love being pregnant. I think us PCOS girls are a bit more special and unique and cherish our pregnancies a lot more than the average woman.

Hope everyone else is well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies! I promise I'll pop in for a longer post very soon... But in the meantime I wanted to tell you all that I had my 3D scan today and found out that we're having a boy! I felt weird when she told us, as I always thought I'd have a girl first, but within a few minutes I was used to the idea and I became super excited!

Hope you're all enjoying a nice weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Violethope - Congrats on the baby boy! Thats so so lovely! I am so wanting a boy for my first baby lol Mummys boy! I want to do a pirate/nautical theme room but DP wants monkeys, if its a girl we are doing a french shabby room with lots of pretty paper and lots of pink and of course a chandelier

AFM = I go for another scan on friday which is scary cos I have had some bleeding on tuesday last week then again wednesday and then saturday and then again monday just gone. It was smaller than a 5 cent piece (probably in total as well) so FS wasnt worried but I am slightly.

Other than that still no MS at all throughout this pregnancy but have had head aches and a tooth ache for the last few days but feeling better today! 11 weeks on sunday too which is very exciting.

How is everyone else going? Anyone thinking of names or decorating ideas?

&to all!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted to kill my GP last Sat. I am going through Bankstown Hospital for midwife care, and I am doing NT scan there. They said that they needed a referral for a blood test and NT referral from GP before I come in. GP does referral for blood test but insists I don't need NT referral because "the hospital will just do it at the same time as the blood test". Oh so patiently explained to him that I have been told this is not the case, and that I will be doing blood test at a private place, not the hospital. GP got frustrated and insisted that hospital will just do it, and why are they making me run around? So I left without NT referral. Hospital confirmed that I do need that, so now it is my GP who is causing me to run around and make another appt so I can get it. Only this time, I'll be seeing a GP who is less of a douchebag! I could have murdered him! Grrr!