+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For those ladies who have had their 12 week scan, do you find out while they are doing the scan if all is well or do you have to see your Dr some time afterwards?

Currently annoyed with GP because he will do referral for 12 week scan but won't refer me to an antenatal clinic until I've had it, and the only reason I can think of (he wouldn't give me any) is that he wants to be paid for me to visit him one time more than necessary ! I'm currently only 8 weeks tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elly - Yep, I got my results straight away. Well....I had to wait about 20mins for the Doctor / Raidiologist or whatever guy at the Ultrasound place. I had an appointment with my OB a week later but, he listened to the heartbeat again and took my blood pressure but, not much else really. Reasured me that my results were as good as possible but, I kind of already knew that (apart from a blood clot in my womb but, that's all gone now).

AFM - How is everyone going??? Well I hope? I'm good, we found out we're having a girl which I'm still getting used to. I did have a strong feeling it would be a girl from the begining and I had also asked at my 12week scan which the lady said it could go either way but it was leaning towards a girl. I was a little girl who played demolition-derby with match-box cars and came home from school with dried blood and scabs on my knees from playing tackle-footy with the boys so, it will be interesting to see how I go if I have a really girly-girl! But hey, she will be my daughter so, maybe she'll be just like me?! I'm happy I found out so that I can get used to the idea which is really growing on me day by day...getting rather excited actually! Other than that, everything was great with the scan and she got a clean bill of health which is relief. For some reason I was more nervous about health problems with this 19week scan than with my 12 week. My DH finally has felt her moving now which she was stubbornly stopping as soon as he placed his hand on my belly....he was pretty chuffed.

Well, that's my latest in a nut-shell.........how are you all? MS not to nasty I hope?? xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!

Congrats Ladydee! A girl! How lovely. I am hoping to find out in 2.5 weeks, I'm having a 3D scan at 16 weeks, I can't wait! Glad to hear you're doing well. Yu mustvbe quite big by now.

Elly, I am going through a private ob. For my NT scan I went to the radiology place a week after the bloods and they told me the measurements then and there. My ob had already emailed to say the bloods were normal. I then had an appointment with him to get the full run down of risks etc. It seems odd that a gp would refuse a referral! I had my first ob appointment at 8 weeks, referred at 6. Good luck with it all!

AFM, I'm great. 2nd trimester is treating me much more kindly than the 1st! My downs risk came back at 1:8500 and the baby is healthy and happy as far as we can tell. I had an early test for gestational diabetes, because I'm high risk due to insulin resistance. It came back perfect! Yay! I told my work colleagues and my class yesterday, they were lovely. It's nice to have it out in the open finally.

Keep well ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - I think I was close to the same kind of girl as you were! The idea of having a girly-girl frightens the life out of me! But I am sure I would get used to the idea if it turns out that way . Congratulations!

Violet - Yeah I have no idea why he wouldn't do that for me, and with no reason. I'm a bit of a nomad in my work and see Drs at diff medical centres because I work near different ones, so if worse comes to worse I'll just see one of the other ones who is less of a douche-bag

MS seems to have calmed down a bit. Unfortunately I almost fainted yesterday in the waiting room where I work and had to lie down for a bit, still not sure why but I got fussed over much more than necessary by the main guy working at the practice. He's past retirement age but I don't think he has any grandkids yet, he knows about the pregnancy and is so excited about it, it's so cute . The MS is so much better on days when I get to sleep in, but whenever I have a good day I start worrying myself. Fortunately I have another appt with my FS soon to make sure my ohss is getting better, so hoping she gives me another scan then so I can get more reassurance that all is still ok.

Hope everyone else is going well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Ladydee - congrats on your little girl!!!! So exciting. I've been on your thread for nearly a year now and you seem like such a lovely, caring person that I'm sure you'll be amazing with her whether she wants to wants to play fairy princess or with trucks in the mud

Ellymoe - I'm private too, had my bloods done and processed while I was getting ultrasound then went over results with genetics counsellor about 20 min later. Doctors can be such bullies. I looked up a few things to look for in the scan - like good range for NT measurement so got info right away that way. Good luck!

Sammy - hi! Good to hear everything is going well. You must be so fed up of the injections Sounds like they're doing their job at least.

Littlejoeyg Violethope and everyone else I've missed (sorry - on phone) - glad to hear that all the scans are going so well. It's lovely hearing updates from everyone.

Afm - getting very big now. Less than 6 weeks to go! I'm putting the finishing touches on the nursery, polishing my birth plan and need to get my hospital bag packed. I can't believe how close it's getting. I also can't believe how uncomfortable it's getting. You think that after having trouble conceiving that you'll be sooo happy to be pregnant that nothing will phase you (which is true most of the time), but sometimes 3am pregnancy insomnia on top of diarrhea, hemorrhoids, not being able to breath, painfully swollen legs and your little one kicking you so hard in the ribs you think they might break can be just a little miserable. Haha - that vent made me feel much better It's still good most of the time.

Belly rubs to everyone.

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Ladydee - Congrats on your little girl. I'm sure you'll be an awesome mummy to a little girl whether they want to play with barbies or with cars.

Violet _ Glad to hear your scan went so well. It's amazing how baby like they are at 12 weeks. I was surprised and didn't expect they would actually look like a baby iukwim? lol

Elly - Yay for the morning sickness calming down. I still get the odd nauseous day here and there but it's sooo nice not to feel ill all of the time.

Windupbird - I can't believe how close you are. I haven't had any major complaints yet but I'm sure all the 'fun' stuff is still to come lol.

I'm doing well..... just over 26 weeks now. Time is flying by and now that Christmas stuff is in the shops it is really starting to freak me out!! My next Ob appt is in 2 weeks and I have a general check up with my blood Dr (not sure what his technical name is lol) next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is the name of the blood test they do at 12 weeks, and what do they measure? I don't have an ob, I will be under a mixture of midwife care and GP care, and sometimes GPs seem a bit clueless about things.....or maybe just the ones I pick do . I had to really explain to him that I needed a scan at 12 weeks and could he please give me a referral for that. Will he get results which are really easy to interpret?

My MS hasn't really been bothering me - I think I need it to every now and then for reassurance!

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The blood test and ultrsound at 12 weeks is for down syndrome testing and the trisomy(sp?) syndromes. My OB also got me to do an early glucose tolerance test at 13 weeks due to the pcos..... not that I've ever had a problem before but he just wanted to check it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone else had their MS disappear for long enough to worry them? Mine has been gone for over a week! I also almost fainted at work on Monday and I've also been getting weird tingling only in my left boob only. The nipple seems to be growing an extra bit on it which doesn't look like the bumps that are meant to get bigger with pregnancy and is right in the nipple, not on the areola. Seeing FS on Friday but woiuld like to know before then if anyone else has some freaky stuff happening to their bods!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Ellymoe, it's so easy to feel worried about things like that. You poor thing! My morning sickness just up and left at around 10 weeks. I was sick for about 5 weeks in total. It really got me worried as I thought that meant something was wrong. It's totally normal, your hcg levels start to plateau as the placenta prepares to take over. I learnt that after many days of panic! As for the boob thing, I have no clue. Sounds a little odd but probably fine. Mine have just become enormous! I do get tingling and itching and it's certainly not always in both. As you FS and see I guess.

I reached 14 weeks yesterday and I am getting fat! I know it's a baby and it's poking out but strangers would still think I'm just a bit porky!

Hope you're all enjoying a restful weekend. Xo