+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How did everyone else's MS start! Did you slowly start feeling yucky, or did it just hit you one day? The last 2 days I've been slightly headachey and yucky (but only slightly), and went to buy myself frozen raspberries to console myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds about right. Started feeling off and on nauseous at 6w, ocassional vomits 7.5 weeks, daily ones weeks 8.5-10.5 and then nausea kept tapering off till about 13w. Worst I felt the whole pregnancy It does end (usually) though.

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent really had ms yet either, but only 7 weeks this Friday. Have been a bit headachey, gassy (TMI!), tired, a bit off sometimes, but no significant nausea.

I don't really want to be sick, but not having any is a little worrying, when so many women complain about ms even from 2 weeks PG!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elly – Your belly has gone down, just so that it can start growing big again!....but with something much much more exciting. Ummm....how bad is that....I really can’t remember exactly how my MS started. I think I first noticed it after I was in the car with my DH driving one day at aboooout 5/6 weeks (??) and I was texting on my mobile and started to get car-sick (a pretty normal thing for me) but then, instead of it getting better once I got out of the car, I continued to feel sick for the rest of the afternoon. Actually, I think I even felt a little off a day or two before my BFP blood test but, after my BFP HPT but....who knows if that was in my head?? Then I started getting the same sort-of car-sick / haven’t eaten in forever-type feeling come on and off in waves for a few weeks even when I hadn’t been trying to read in the car. The worst I got was at night when it was time for me to start thinking about what to cook for dinner...I think it was because it was around the time I would get hungry – which in turn, would put me off food altogether....go figure. I vomited about 10 times in total but, only 2 or 3 were real hurls...mostly just major dry-retching and some stomach-bile & spit...mmmm, yummy. It pretty much stopped at around 13/14 weeks except an occasional off day again, only if I let myself get to tired or hungry. Really can't complain tho....so many women get it much much worse. I lost weight during my first two months but, just coz I was off food, not from vomiting. The tiredness was waaaay much worse for me than the M/S....it was quite something! Like, MAJOR jet-lag and I slept most of my weekends away, day and night just getting up to pee, shower and eat. Don’t know how I dragged my self to work everyday. Hope you don’t get MS to bad either!

Violet - Glad your bleed turned out ok also. My 12 week scan showed I have a largish clot of blood right down over my cervix which the scan-doctor....Radiologist? said he would keep an eye on with the following scan (this Friday) and the lady doing my actual NT scan asked if I had had any bleeding without me even mentioning it to her that I had had that bleed 2 weeks before....she said not to be surprised if I had another bleed but.....so-far-so-good! My OB totally brushed it off and reassured me that my results couldn’t have been better.....don’t think he wanted to stress me out so I chose not to think to much about it.

Windup – Why hello there! Wow.....your getting sooo close now! Looking at my sisters bump when she was up made me think of you and your ahhh..”mumma (?)” noises?? lol. I can see why tho, I don’t know where your/her stomach and bowels and stuff could possibly fit in there! I warned my DH but, he didn’t seem all to impressed or excited for that stage of things to come....I told him he had to love me just as much as always, noises an all. . Ok, so I’m FINALLY getting into the whole baby-shopping thing....well, I haven’t actually bought anything yet but, I’ve made a couple of big choices....I want to get the “Mountain-Buggy +One” pram. It’s only just coming out into the shops in the next couple of weeks so, I might try and hold out for some Boxing-day sales to see if I can get it any cheaper as it’s full-price right now but, not to badly priced really anyway if it lasts for two bubs (thinking positive there!). Pretty sure I want to get the ‘Love-n-Care’ Sleigh 3-in-1 cot and chest of drawers in one of the chocolate-colours and...haven’t fully decided yet but, I might just use the top of that for my changer-mat as our nursery isn’t huge and I’d like some small shelves and maybe a feeding chair to all fit in there (not to mention teddies and toys!) and our room is only 3 x 4m. Means that I’d have to change bub a bit from the side though so....have to see if it’d really work or not. I’m heading down to my sisters baby-shower on the 15th Oct so, I’ll get another idea of how your probably looking and feeling and what I’ve got to come....yikes! Sorry to hear you’ve had a couple of scares but, very glad to hear they turned out to be alright. I’m back to leaning towards vag-delivery....at what stages did you or are you doing antenatal classes? I’m due March 2nd and I couldn’t get in until 10th Jan, once a week for 6 weeks.....is that normal do you know?? I want to kind-of know what I’m in for well in advance if possible! Wowzers ....350 nappies!!! Did you estimate that out or....take a guess that that might be how much you need? Sounds like a lot but, I guess they would go through them pretty quick and....I wouldn’t want to be caught short! My latest friend to have a bub kept going on about how they couldn’t believe how something so small could poop so much! lol. Thanx for those web-sites.....great stuff!

Miggins - Yeah, you reminded me that I had some pretty bad headaches also which was unusual for me but, they were so bad that I had to lay in bed in the dark with a cold/wet washer over my face....bleh, they were bad!

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I haven't been on BH for a while but Ladydee put me onto this thread

Violet - You'll be amazed at your next scan. I remember laying there thinking wow it actually looks like a baby lol. The crazy thing is when the baby is moving around and kicking and you can see it on the screen but can't feel a thing in your belly. I hope your baby is a co operative one unlike mine. I had to drink heaps more water and walk around for 10 mins just to try and get it to move to a different position. Same thing happened at my 20 week scan and the lady made me jump around lol. I think that it's hard to accept having a normal pregnancy as we are so use to the roller coaster of TTC.

Elly Congrats on the BFP!! I can tell you it definitely feels a lot more real when you see that little heartbeat on the screen. It's a take your breath away kinda moment and maybe even a few tears (happy ones of course). I know how you feel with the clexane. They are horrible needles. I'm on 2 injections a day right up until they induce me.... not fun. My poor belly is covered in bruises. My best food advice for morning sickness is smiths crinkle cut plain chips. For some reason they were the only thing that helped me. I think it must have been the salt that was helping. I'm not normally a salt person but anytime I felt a little sick I just grabbed a handful of chips and felt so much better. The headaches mean you need to drink some more water. I was getting head aches a lot and noticed I'd get really sick at night if I hadn't had enough water through the day.

Miggins Congrats on your BFP hun!! Yay for your scan on Friday. I had 3 separate bleeds early on. The first was around 6 weeks which was quite scary as it was a lot of blood but all the dark brown colour. The second two bleeds were from vomiting too much when I was around 10 weeks.

Ladydee - How amazing are those kicks!! I love feeling the baby move every day. I poke at it sometimes to get it to move around and DH keeps telling me off lol. It's reassuring though. How are you finding sleeping at the moment. I've always been a big tummy sleeper so struggled big time for a good few weeks until I found a new comfy spot.

Windupbird - Not long for you now!! DH just put our cot together last night and it looks so cute I need to start stocking up on everything else.

AFM: Well I'm now 24 weeks. The time is flying by. I thought it would go really slow as we found out so early but nope. I had my OB appt today and all my measurements are sitting perfect. I was really sick with the flu from about weeks 10 - 14 and lost about 5 kilos and I've only just gained them back. So I'm only now back to pre pregnancy weight. It still feels unreal to me and I can't believe that there is an ACTUAL BABY inside my belly I say to DH all the time "can you believe we are having a baby" he just thinks I'm crazy I've been getting some cronic leg cramps too. Sometimes one in each leg at the same time or multiple ones in the same leg during the night.

Any of you watching one born every minute...... amazing show!! It's half way through season 2 on foxtel but season 2 just started on SBS tonight. I sit there every week cringing, crossing my legs, closing my eyes and taking deep breaths. After watching the first episode I said to DH "I have no ides how this baby is getting out"

Ohh and I highly recommend pre natal yoga if anyone has classes near by. So relaxing and I think the baby loves it as it moves around so much during and after the class. I think stretching my muscles out gives it more space to move around.

Sorry for the essay guys lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's nice to hear from you again Sammy, it's bee ages! Your story was always in the back of my mind during treatment, turns out things were quite similar for us!

So I had some good news today, I don't gave gestational diabetes at this stage! Yay! My ob sent me early for the test as I'm insulin resistant which makes the risk higher. I was so sure I'd have it (would be just my luck), what a relief! 6 more days til my scan... Hurry up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies so exciting for us all to be here - thought we should do our own roll call so I will start and please feel free to add yourself and copy and repost

TTC#1 with PCOS graduates Roll Call!!!!
    Estimated due dates:
    Littlejoeyg - 31 May 2012

Next scan date:
    Littlejoeyg - 17 October 2011

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I might hold off until next week before I do my roll call. I had my first scan today and it was not so good
    I have to go back to FS in a week to get another scan, he said at this stage it's 50/50 as to whether the pregnancy will survive because in development it's 10days behind where it should be

He's not sure that it's ok at this point, hence the follow up in a week. The positives are that the sack is in the uterus (tick), there was a tiny fluttering of a heartbeat (tick)!

Given that we used FSH + trigger for ovulation, our dates should be pretty accurate which would mean it's a slow growing fetus, which he said could go on to miscarry.

So mixed emotions today, can't believe I am actually PG and I did see the heart beat, but it could all be over very soon, and I have to wait another week to find out any more. The last 2 weeks has been hard enough.

Sorry for the low post, just feeling a bit lost/don't know how to feel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miggins - big hugs to you I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope that this next week goes by as quickly as possible and that your next scan goes really well. Hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Miggins - so sorry to hear i am keeping all that next week you get good news! My thoughts are with you.