+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Just got discharged this afternoon so I won't be in there for my birthday!! Doc has given me tomorrow off work but back on Monday. He's saying that if it goes up again though I have to quit work!! That's a bit scary! The main thing is keeping this little girl safe and in the oven as long as possible!!

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyMac View Post
    Hi ladies. Just got discharged this afternoon so I won't be in there for my birthday!! Doc has given me tomorrow off work but back on Monday. He's saying that if it goes up again though I have to quit work!! That's a bit scary! The main thing is keeping this little girl safe and in the oven as long as possible!!
    Hey! Just caught up with what's happened! Glad you got out of hospital before your birthday! Really hoping your BP behaves. Take it easy.

Ladydee, little Vivienne Rose is gorgeous! And so glad she's a good sleeper for you!

AFM, I'm traveling along fine for now, ms has eased, just occasional now. Am getting lower back pain and pinched nerve if I stand for too long (too long might only be 10 minutes!), although I imagine that may only get worse
    It's my birthday on tuesday, no plans other than taking the day off work.

Hanging out for morph scan (20 weeks), which is booked for 11th April!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Happy birthday Kelly
    Ladydee she is just beautiful will keep your tips in mind when little man comes.

Last night I did what mum had suggested and scrubbed my nipples!! NEVER AGAIN!! They bled and are now soooo sore!

Here is a pic of the nursery it is almost doneImageUploadedByBub Hub1332499539.175151.jpg

Just gotta put some more of his stuff away and we are done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee she looks so cute! I'm hanging out to find out if mine has red or brown hair

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Ladydee - Vivienne is adorable!! Look at all that lovely hair! I'm so sorry about your feeding issues I got mastitis too and so I really feel for you. We waited until 6 weeks to introduce a bottle - it took a few weeks for her to get the hang of it, but now she'll do both. I know it might seem like a long time, but I had heard that by three months a lot of the bf'ing pain dissipates - that's certainly been the case for us. It's not at all painful anymore. Hang in there

Hoping - lovely nursery! Do you guys own? It's so nice to be able to do the border and paint on the walls.

Kellymac - glad that you're out. Hope you had a great 30th!

Miggins - are you going to find out the sex? The morph scan is so exciting! Good luck.

Ellymoe - you must be so close. Hope you are traveling ok.

Afm - had a lovely trip to the States. DD was a little angel and it was great to show her off. We're getting loads of smiles and she has developed so much over the past two weeks! She's 3.5 months. Here's a photo from yesterday:
    ImageUploadedByBub Hub1332894659.962260.jpg

Hello to anyone I've missed! DD just woke, so gotta run

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes, it was good to be out of hospital for it! Unfortunately I'm still off work because whenever I do anything more than a gentle walk to the beach or shops my BP sky rockets. Dr wants to increase meds but if I can keep it down without doing that it'd be great! He's excellent and is willing to give it a go.
    How is everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry about my absence lately. Pregnancy became quite stressful near the end. All is well now and our little boy is here. Here's the long birth story for those interested!

After being admitted to hospital on Friday 23 March with extreme high blood pressure and suspected pre-eclampsia, a decision was made to induce birth on Tuesday 27 March at a gestation of 36 weeks and 4 days.

We began the induction process at 5am following a night of very little sleep. Contractions had begun on the previous day and continued throughout the night in a fairly irregular pattern. I was taken to the delivery suite and connected to the ctg to monitor contractions and fetal heart rate. At around 5:30am the midwife conducted an internal examination to determine my Bishops Score. It came back at 2. Prostaglandins gels were then administered to encourage contractions and ripen the cervix ready for birth. Soon after that the contractions became more regular and more painful.

At 7am the anesthetist arrived to put in my drip and epidural. I was not given the option to proceed without an epidural as my blood pressure was far too high. I was scared about having it put in, the thought of something going in my back made me feel sick. The injection of local anesthetic stung but wasn't painful. I couldn't feel much as the epidural tube was inserted but it gave me a feeling of nausea that was quite overwhelming. As the medication was administered I began to feel better. I felt tingly and relaxed and I had a sense of confidence that I would be able to deliver naturally.

After a relaxing hour of regular, painless contractions, my obstetrician arrived at 8:30am to break my waters. I was scared about how this would feel, yet we still joked about knitting needles and crochette hooks as he prepared to do it. Whilst he was trying to break them he said to me "It'd be great if you had a contraction right about now." To which I replied, "Okay, I'll do my best!" (yeah right). Then he said "Good girl, you did it!" And my waters broke with ease! It felt fabulous, like a big release of pressure. I was excited at this point as everything was going to plan.

By around 9am my oxytocin drip was turned on to increase the intensity of labour and get things moving along. After a few minutes the midwife noticed a dip in the fetal heart rate. She told us that it would be fine if it was a one off dip. Unfortunately it was not. The heart rate continued to dip every few minutes until there was quite a long period of decreased beating that was very concerning. The regular heart rate before beginning the drip was between 120 and 160bpm. The long dip was sitting at around 90bpm. The sound of the slow beating was terrifying. At this point my obstetrician returned and checked the ctg. He then told us that we had two options, we could wait and hour and see if things improved, or we could go straight away and have a c-section delivery. He told us that the baby was at risk due to his small size and early gestation and that waiting was probably only going to make things worse. We made the only decision we saw as an option, to go and have a c-section.

I felt so disappointed at this time as I had begun to feel very excited about delivering naturally. I was also fearful for my baby, and nervous about going into surgery. Things happened quite quickly from then on. My spinal block was injected through the epidural and I was taken downstairs to theatre. Luke quickly dressed in scrubs and came along with me, the entire time he showed strength and excitement, which was hugely comforting to me. I went into my own 'zone' of focus from then on, staying quiet and praying that my boy would be delivered safely. Theatre was a little overwhelming, it was cold, there were lots of people, and everyone seemed very busy. The anesthetist was great at keeping me calm, he pricked me with a little sharp plastic object to test my sensation and determine when the spinal block had taken effect. Then the privacy sheet went up and it was time to begin.

My obstetrician told us "In 6 minutes we will have a baby." The next 6 minutes were surreal. I could hear the doctors discussing real estate and chatting as though everything was very normal, this was strangely comforting. I could feel lots of pushing and pressure, but no pain. After a few minutes my ob told Luke to get up and get the camera ready. I was told to expect a large push as they popped the head out. It felt strange but sort of relieving. As the baby was slowly taken out, Luke took photos and gasped at what he was seeing. The unbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and tied in a true knot (a rarity, we were later told). I waited to hear the sound of my baby for the first time, and very soon after he was out, he let out a beautiful screech! It was incredible. From that moment on I could not stop crying. The feeling of overwhelming relief and extreme love and happiness was like nothing I had ever felt or could have ever imagined feeling. Our boy, our amazing little miracle, Archer Lucas Wilson had safely arrived in our World. Nothing would ever be the same again.
    Attached Images

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Violethope For This Useful Post:

littlejoeyg  (10-04-2012)

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Violet that was such a beautiful story! Brought a tear to my eye :')
    So happy for you and your new family!!

AFM, morph scan is tomorrow!!! Can't believe it is almost here
    We will find out gender if bubs let's us but we may be keeping our news a secret from others, at least for now.

Can't wait to find out, it will definitely help with some theme choices for the nursery (which we are yet to start!). But most of all, just hoping for a happy healthy bubs cooking away in there! And STILL waiting to feel those first movements :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Violet - what a lovely story! Thanks so much for sharing I don't even have pregnancy hormones to blame for getting a little teary (I'll blame it on lactation hormones, haha). Little Archer looks so perfect! What a beautiful newborn. Congratulations!

Miggins - good luck at your morph scan. How exciting!

How's everyone else tracking? Ladydee - how's beautiful little Vivienne? Is breastfeeding getting any easier?

Madeleine is four months! Time flies! She's a bit grumpy after her immunizations last week, but such a sweet natured little thing. This weekend she started something new - when I go to kiss her on the cheek she grabs my face and plants a big kiss on my mouth! Ha - so sweet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

Ellymoe - not long now for you! yay hope your well.
    Violethope - He is beautiful!!! Archer is an awesome name!
    Miggins - how exciting for you tomorrow!! Let us know how you go.
    Hoping28 - your nursery looks lovely - where is your furniture from I love the lighter colour!!
    Windupbird - Madeleine sounds lovely - sucks about the immunisations :-( poor girl
    Kellymac - hopefully BP has come down - and stayed down :-D

AFM - well I am back into the graduates thread yay. Its early days - I am only 4 weeks 1 day :-) - Due 17 Dec so a lovely chrissy pressie! I had my BFP at 10 DPO and everyday in the AM (and PM lol) I do a FRER and its getting lovely and darker each time so I feel really comfortable so far.

We are not telling friends or family until at least 11 weeks (parents after 1st scan but the sibllings, cousins etc etc later) because I had the miscarriage but we are very hopeful that this bubby will hang in there and we will be strong if bub doesn't - we have decided to be really really positive for what ever time this pregnancy lasts because feel that we are so lucky to have fallen so fast after the miscarriage and if we get to bring our baby home we will be so so happy. I have a blood test friday so will update then and am keeping firmly that all goes well.

for everyone!! A big hello to anyone I have missed xo