+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well, here I unbelievably am...on the "mother-side" :-0 totally not what I thought my birth story would end up being but, I truly have no regrets which is great. I was waiting until we had chosen a name to post here but, alas our poor lil girl is still nameless! Shame on us huh? And yes I know we've had like, 9 months of pregnancy and all the infertility time before that, not to mention DH and I have been together since we were 15 also. Lol. It's not as bad as it sounds tho as we did have 9 (!) names that we really liked and have managed to get the list down to 2 but....we both love both of them and we can't use one for a middle name as we want to use the girl version of my FIL's name who has passed away as her middle name as his biggest wish was for a grand baby but my stupid infertility robbed him of that :-(

So yeah, because of her estimated size and because lucky me developed vulvar-dermatitis during my TTC days just before falling UTD and therefore not able to use the steroid cream to get rid of it, my OB decided to induce me the day after my due date so I hopefully wouldn't tear to shreds. I was booked to get the inducing tape put in on Fri 2nd at midnight as I really didn't want the inducing drip as I've heard that its pretty full on so I hoped that the tape or gel would get things started and I could go from there. Well, exactly midnight on the 1st my hind waters broke on their own with an initial and then regular little gushes. No contractions so, the midwives at my hospy told me to keep an eye on the color of the water and to get as much sleep as possible and come in with all our gear in the morning. So, felt rather weird just cruzing on in to the hospital all relaxed if not a little excited, as I always imagined it'd be a frantic trip with me having contractions about 2 to 5 mins apart or something! So because of the window period that your allowed to have your waters gone and the risk of infection for bub, the OB on duty agreed to let me wait that full day and night and, if contractions had still not started then, I would have to get the drip out in order to get things rocking the following morning. As you can imagine, I tried sooo hard and got to know my hospital grounds very very well indeed but.....a big fat nothing....:-/
    So, the drip was started the following morning and I can say that my TENS machine that I hired rocks!!! I got to 5 hours of crazy contractions, one on top of the other very quickly, with the Tens machine and maybe the last hour or less with some gas (which didn't work for me except make me think at one stage that I must have taken or been spiked with a bad trip! The Ob checked me earlier on when the contractions had just got going and he said the the neck if my cervix was FINALLY starting to open a little and was 1.5cm dilated. I suddenly really REALLY wanted an epi after discovering that the gas wasn't doing it for me and by the time my OB finally arrived after finishing off a c-sect, he had a look and...unbelievably told me I was STILL 1.5 to 2cm dilated!!! So, there's one thing going through it all if you can see that your making some sort of progress but, for pretty much nothing to be happening....well, off I was whipped to get a spinal block and a c-sect.
    So lil-Miss-Ladydee was born at 2:13pm, 3.3.12 weighing in at a not so little 9.10 pound (4.370 kg). 52.5cm with a head circ of 36.5cm. I would post a pic but, have no idea how to do it from my IPhone???

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

miggins  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats! Congrats!! Congrats!!! On my way out the door - but had peaked my head in for an update and am so happy to hear the news of baby Ladydee!!! Hope you get some sleep and cuddles! Big hugs to you and your family. Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick update....Vivienne Rose H. is our precious little ladies name and omg, could I possibly love and adore anyone more than her?......not a chance, not even close! She is all her daddy and the only spots I got a look in is her dark hair and long toes. I'm in love......:-D

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

miggins  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh ladydee how stressful for you! Love the name so beautiful

Here is a copy of one of the photos from 3d scan little man wasn't very cooperative but we got some good shotsImageUploadedByBub Hub1331027895.395510.jpg it's not very clear but hope u get the gist...
    We were so spoilt at our kiwi baby shower! Ended up sending a 16kg box of stuff back cost us $170 but so worth it, spent way too much money on him and got home and realized I didn't buy anything for me
    How is everyone else going??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Ladydee! I can't wait till I get to meet mine, you must be over the moon! Look forward to seeing a pic

A midwife I know told me that when women come in with a birth plan, the unexpected always seems to happen! So I plan to go in with nothing but an open mind and knowledge of options available

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! Congrats Ladydee! Vivienne sounds perfect! Thanks for sharing your story. Good luck for the next stage, I can't wait to be where you are.

Sorry to have been a bit absent lately ladies, I have been so busy with work and being preggo that I seem to feel exhausted 24/7! I am currently 33w5d and I have 2 more days of work left! Day off today to see my pregnancy physician. I still have high blood pressure and gestational diabetes which has made the last few weeks very challenging. At the moment my ob is expecting this baby to arrive at 37 weeks, so we'll see. I would be happy to make it that far as I have every single risk factor on the list for pre eclampsia! I'm being monitored closely so all should be good.

I will pop back next week for a more personalised post when I'm off work. Lovely to hear how well everyone is doing

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a super quick pop in to say a massive CONGRATULATIONS to Ladydee!!!!!!!!! Good work mum! And Vivienne is a beautiful name!

So happy for you *hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Ladydee!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - what a lovely name!!! Glad you're enjoying everything. Hope you have an easy recovery and dh looks after you well That's funny when they take after one parent so strongly at the beginning... DD looks *so* much like me - my MIL never loses the opportunity to comment that DD looks nothing like dh - I almost get the feeling she thinks I might have been straying with the milkman, lol. Big hugs.

Hoping - lovely photo

Hope all you lovely pg ladies are doing well. Belly rub all around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Woohoo big box of stuff from kiwi baby shower arrived yesterday, unpacked it last night can't wait to get chest of drawers next week so we can out everything away
    Having tearing like pains down right side I have app with ob this morning so will check with her what it's about.