+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't stress Kellymac, I have had to take panadiene during this pregnancy due to migraines. My dr told me it's 100% safe and also prescribed panadiene forte. I haven't needed that yet. I was very worried and checked withbthe pharmacist when I bought the tablets and he told me that codeine is category A and is just the same as using panadol in regards to safety. It is also important to remember that when you are in pain, it is not great for your baby. It's better to treat the pain when you need to. Hang in there, I hope it improves for you soon.

Windup! Your little girl is absolutely adorable!! Thanks so much for posting the pics. I hope you are happily enjoying these exciting first few weeks.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Violethope For This Useful Post:

KellyMac  (03-01-2012),Windupbird  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyMac View Post
    Hi ladies. Have a question about pain medications. This morning at about 2am after trying to sleep off a migraine for 8 hours I relented an followed the advice of Dr Google and took some panadeine. Now I'm all worried that it's going to cause some problem. Anyone else used it?
    I slammed my hand in a door the cycle I got pg and did some pretty decent ligament and nerve damage so on the advice of docs took panadeine off and on while my hand was in a splint/bandages. Just watch out for constipation if you're taking it more than once.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Windupbird For This Useful Post:

KellyMac  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Windupbird - she's so beautiful!

Kellymac - I was told to avoid anti-inflamatories like nurofen and voltren.

Miggins - great to see you here! I was told to continue the metformin until 10 weeks, apparently it reduces our risk of miscarriage

AFM: Cankles! Yuck! I was in Vic during the recent heatwave (with no air con) and drove back to sydney yesterday. My feet are gross.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ellymoe For This Useful Post:

KellyMac  (04-01-2012),miggins  (04-01-2012),Windupbird  (05-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ellymoe. I read the same thing about metformin on the net but my doc (OB but also my FS) told me to discontinue. I guess everyone is different hey?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe it depends how you are responding to it? I adjusted really quick and had very few side effects, so maybe that's why

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I haven't been on BH for ages so I'm sure I have so much to catch up on!!! Welcome to the newies and a massive congrats on your BFP's!!!

I'm now 37.5 weeks and I'm being admitted to the hospital on Sunday to be induced (at 38 weeks). I have to be induced because of the blood thinning medication that I'm on. I'm so scared, nervous and excited. I feel like I'm running out of time to get everything done!!! But I can't wait to find out what we are having...... not finding out what our little bubba is has been one of the hardest things ever. It will be an awesome surprise though when we do find out.

Belly rubs to all xxx

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow, how exciting Sammy!!!!
    Be sure to let us know what you get (ie. Boy or girl).

Sending you heaps of good vibes for a trouble free birth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sammy - good luck Sunday!!! How exciting!

Ellymoe - ugh. Hate the swelling. Madeleine is four weeks and I still can't fit my wedding rings back on

Kellymac - hope the headaches aren't bothering you any more.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. Can I just say that the book 'Happiest baby on the block' is totally working to settle this baby. I'd really recommend checking it out.

Belly rubs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sammy goodluck for today

So tired at the moment and it seems ms had returned every so slightly can't eat anything really at the moment. Dh is worried bubs isn't getting enough nutrition but heartbeat is strong with Doppler so I think it's getting all it needs

Hope everyone is having a great weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub trying to concur Auto correct one text at a time

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 32 Weeks....

Yayyyyy!!! A huge belated welcome to all of the latest graduates!

Windup - Big cuddles to your beautiful Madeline......absolutely gorgeous and just perfect! I'm wanting to buy a couple of good baby-books to read for when I go on Mat leave...I'll have to check that one out

Awww Sammy! Huge congratulations to you both!!!!

AFM - Have been cruzing along ok. Had what turned out to be a complete waste of my public holiday on New Years and spent 16hours in a public hospital Acident and Emergency with all the drunks and drug-ies with what I thought was a blod clot in my leg but, turns out there isn't even a vein where I had my pain! Did I feel like a hypochondriac or what?! Ahh-well...better that than be right I guess. Have got my baby-shower on the 22nd of this month so, looking forward to a fun day spent with all my favourtie girls AND....my sister is coming up and so I get to meet my lil-neice for the first time! SO excited for that!!! I'll cry for sure as I well-up just thinking about it!

32 weeks tomorrow ....can’t believe it! Where has the time gone? It’s good though as I really can’t wait to meet this daughter of mine.....I can’t believe I’m actually going to be a mom! Went to our first antenatal class earlier this week. As immature as it probably sounds...I kept having to wipe the smile of my face and not have a giggle as it just kept hitting me that after all the crap I went through with infertility, I was actually even in a class like this with all these other preggy ladies! I dunno, it was a weird feeling, like I was in a movie set or something while the midwife gave birth to a doll through a pelvis skeleton and out of a knitted womb with a detachable vagina.......what the?! She was fully breathing and seriously straining to push and everything. She started the first stage of the birth and suddenly piped up “Oh! Wait!!....I forget my vagina!” and then pulled out the knitted vagina out of her bag and attached it to the knitted uterus. As I said....weird! We all got a turn of cuddling the new "baby" afterwards too.....

Oooo...forgot to add...not sure how excited my poor DH is about it but, he is being a good sport and going to this "Beer and Bubs" evening I've signed him up for. hee heee....it's where a bunch of first-time dads-to-be get together at a pub or tavern with a midwife who teaches them how to be good support partners through birth and allows then to ask any questions (no matter how silly they may seem). My poor DH...he's a bit nervous I think! I'll let you guys know how it goes!
    Last edited by Ladydee; 12-01-2012 at 18:46. Reason: Beer'n'Bubs....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

Windupbird  (17-01-2012)