+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC No#1 with PCOS - Graduates

Hi Ladies, I'm hoping this works and that it's in the right spot! (I'm on my phone so not sure)

I thought this would be a nice place for us to share our experiences with pregnancy after clomid/FSH/IUI/IVF or whatever worked!

I have found pregnancy to be exciting but scary so far. I am in constant panic that something will go wrong. ATM I am 11.5 weeks and waiting for my NT scan in the middle of next week. I just wanna see the baby again and make sure it's ok in there. I think following fertility treatment it is hard to believe that things could just go normally, as TTC was far from normal!

I hope everyone is coping well. I look forward to hearing about your pregnancies!! Xo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Violethope For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (04-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have my first scan on 14 Oct, I just want to see that heart beat! I wonder if it will feel more real after that?

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.
    I have my first scan this Friday am!! I am so hoping for a little heartbeat and everything to look "normal". A little concerned because HCG is only at 5815 in 6th week and I've been having a little spotting on and off for about a week (just noticeable when wiping).

I agree it's hard to imagine a "normal" pregnancy with all that we've been through TTC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have any of you ladies had any mild cramping? I have since before BFP and it still freaks me out! I've read that it's normal but it doesn't make my irrational mind feel any better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miggins I hope all is well and normal . I've heard some bleeding is normal, but I know I would worry myself as well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yayyyy....what a great idea for a thread!

Ladies, I've been loving this week-by-week site, check it out....

http://www.huggies.com.au/pregnancy/...rst-trimester/

I'm glad I don't seem to be the only one with the gripping-fear that something was going to go wrong! I was starting to think I was going to have to have some sort of counselling or something as I just wouldn't let myself get excited or be happy about being utd AT ALL! If anyone who knew our news went to say congratulations or anything...I had to stop myself from reaching over and covering their mouth as I just didn't want to hear it yet. Great news though.....I promise it gets easier and easier as every week passes by!

Miggins - I had just one biggish bleed (brown blood) at 10 weeks followed by some achey-pain which freaked me out but, my FS/OB was great and squished me into his appointment bookings for a scan and reasured me that everything looked perfect and he didn't make me feel silly like I was over-reacting or anything. My brain, (as I'm sure yours is) was trying to tell me that "yes, there is blood but, it's brown-ish blood, with no big lumps, and no sharp pains" and I recalled several friends who all experienced some sort of bleeding throughout their pregnancies and it all turned out ok for them. One of my friends even had bright-red lumps (!) and her little boy is just perfect. I even remembered all the times I was sitting in my FS waiting room during my TTC days....I would hear his receptionist answer the phone several times and say "Oh, ok. Is it red or brown blood? Are you having any sharp pains at all? No? Don't worry, that is all ok and quite normal, just call us if you get any sharp pains or bright blood". Enjoy your scan!....we both have exciting Friday's coming up! 3 more sleeps!!!

Elly - How's the OHSS going? Giving you some peace now?? I had mild cramping for weeks and weeks and remember I was all freaked out that day when I sneezed and had a huge sharp pain in my lower belly? I think it's just bub snuggling in nice and secure for the long run

Violet - Aww....enjoy your scan, it's just the best! I keep staring at my 3D pics from that one......awesome! And very surreal!!! I've got this full, stretched out body pic from that scan and our bubs little butt looks so cute, I just want to smack it....or kiss it....IFYWIM! lol.

AFM - Travelling alon ok. Started getting my first fluttery-movements at about 2 or 3 days before my 17 week mark. About 4 days later I was interviewing someone for a job and I felt my first actual distinct kick! It was AWESOME!!! I had the hardest time concentrating for the rest of the interview as all I wanted to do was put my hand on my belly! I can't believe just how much movement I have been feeling ever since....I thought even when I did start getting movements that I might feel something 2 or 3 times a week but, I feel kicks and the head stretching several times every day! It's soooo reasuring and I don't feel the desperate need to get lots of scans to check if everythings is ok anymore. I FINALY feel like hey....I think everything is going to be ok afterall and...OMG! I'm actually going to be a mom!!! It took a long while but, I can now say that it has finally hit me. So, count down the days ladies....you're all just behind me!

I'm 19 weeks on Friday and have my next big 3D scan to make sure everything is ok and....to find out if I'm blessed with a pink or blue one! SO excited

Belly rubs to you all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - the ohss is still there but is not causing me nearly so much grief, and my belly looks almost normal again. I'm still injecting myself with Clexane and have been told to do so until my scan, and those needles HURT! So blunt. Any cramps I get haven't lasted long and have been mild. If I'd bled like you did I would have freaked out too! Hope your baby is a flasher so you can see its bits

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh it's so nice to hear from the people I feel like I know so well! I'm in a due date group but it's just not the same.

Ladydee, you are an inspiration, I am just so excited to get to the point of feeling baby move. I actually dreamt I felt it last night! I can totally relate to your fear of telling people. We shared the news with family early on and my mum (who normally 'gets me') could not understand why I was worried about telling other people! As much as I know there's no hocus pocus, I was just terrified that I would jinx it somehow! After next weeks scan and passing 12 weeks on Saturday I think I'll rest easy... A bit.

I had a bleed at 6 weeks, only brown but significant. I was so scared, totally convinced that was it for me. Turned out to be fine and I got to have my first scan a little earlier than planned to check it all out. Seeing the little flicker of a nice strong heartbeat was so emotional and fabulous! Who would have thought you could be so attached to something so teeny tiny?!

Also, I had fairly regular cramping from before bfp til around the 8 week mark, it felt like period pain and it kept me pretty worried. Now my pains are more stretchy and feel like muscular pains and they worry me way less.

The nutty thing is that on days that I feel really well, I get myself stressed that there's something wrong. Not sure why I can't just enjoy pregnancy like a normal person! I do feel positively blessed every day though, it's amazing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Violet I am EXACTLY the same - if I don't feel like sh*t, something isn't right! MS hasn't really started for me yet but I don't think it is far away, I felt slightly yucky today and I think it is a sign it is on the way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Violet - what a lovely idea. It's so exciting that the thread has had so many bfps lately! Good luck with your scan! NT scan is so great because it suddnely looks like a tiny baby in some respects rather than a blob at 7 weeks. I found the NT scan quite nerveracking, and the 20 weeks scan much less so.

Ellymoe - poor thing - I hear you on the blunt needles I did them first trimester and will be back on them for 6 weeks post-partum. The ultrasound technician looked horrified when I went in for my NT scan. Good luck with hearing that first heartbeat.

Miggins - good luck with your scan on Friday. Nothing beats hearing those first heartbeats and seeing the little flutter on the screen

Ladydee - I can't believe it's already time for your morph scan! Good luck!!! I can't wait to hear whether you're blue or pink. Are you hoping for one or the other? That's great you're getting so much movement. I know totally what you mean - I thought I'd just feel bubs every once in awhile, but here I am just trying to keep my iPad balanced on my lap while she's doing somersaults in my belly, lol.

Afm - I think it's felt more and more real with each big milestone/scan. The thing I didn't count on was all the little things that can worry you. I haven't had any bleeding, but have been fitted in by my OB for 2 extra scans, called him a few more times and made one trip to the A&E - all for what ended up being normal pregnancy complaints like constipation, aenemia and a two day period around 23 weeks when she just suddenly stopped moving. And - this seems somewhat normal in my due date group.

I broke down and bought my main nursery furniture earlier than I had planned as the set I had been drooling over went on sale when I was 11 weeks. The nursery is looking beautiful, I just recieved my bulk order of 350 nappies this arvo and my bump is getting very big (I've gained nearly 15kg, yikes!). Less than 8 weeks to go! Can't believe it

Belly rubs to everyone!