+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ellymoe and Sariele, too funny!! Glad to see people injecting some humour in an otherwise quite stressful situation!!

Ellymoe, that your little one sticks!!

Jaspat24, my heart hurts for you. I too, lost both fallopian tubes to ectopic pregnancies and understand just how truly distressing it is. I also like so many of you on here, felt like a failure because my body betrayed me. It happened to me over 12 years ago though, so I've had a lot of time to adjust to the fact that the only way I was ever going to have babies was through IVF. I hope it works for you and will be sending you plenty of and

My DP and I just had our initial consultation with our FS at QFG in Brisbane and I was terrified. Of the cost, of the process, of the chance that I could go crazy on hormone injections ! But after we had that first appointment so many of my fears were eased by our fantastic FS and we're now just super excited about our first IVF cycle in December!!

Best of luck to all the other ladies having the procedure and if anyone wants to cycle with me in December, let me know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just wanted to pop in and say good luck..........

If I can offer any advice please keep focus of why you are doing IVF. Try not to think about the procedures just picture the prize.

Having that little precious baby in your arms is worth every second of IVF

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal1 View Post
    Jaspat24, my heart hurts for you. I too, lost both fallopian tubes to ectopic pregnancies and understand just how truly distressing it is. I also like so many of you on here, felt like a failure because my body betrayed me. It happened to me over 12 years ago though, so I've had a lot of time to adjust to the fact that the only way I was ever going to have babies was through IVF. I hope it works for you and will be sending you plenty of and
    Thankyou Cal1.
    We are starting IVF in February at hollywood. We need the time to get the money together, get over whats happened, and lose some more weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I’m also going to concept in Subiaco. 3 yrs ago I found out I had endometriosis, which hurt me real bad and was told it would be very hard if not impossible for me to fall pregnant naturally. Around that time a few of my friends had fallen pregnant and I just didn’t want to see them face to face for the first few months of knowing. Also my partner at that time (now an EX, not long after finding out) kept extending the maybe the year out as each year passed… All I could think was “I’m not a woman, I’m a failure… I’m never going to have my own children… I'll just have to spoil everyone else’s because that’s the closest you’ll ever get… Not sure if I could handle the whole IVF emotional rollercoaster” BUT I still had that feeling something was missing, I wanted my own child to love, cuddle and spoil.
    I now have this wonderful man in my life who’s older than me by 19 yrs, already has 3 children to a very nice ex wife and wants a child with me. Not only do I have my problem with endometriosis, he has one too. About 18 months before we met his ex girlfriend requested he had a vasectomy which he done (6 months after she left him). Our first appointment at concept was nearly a year ago, we got a load of information which I read. In January we decided we would try a reversal (which didn’t work) but also while our FS was in there she done an “Epididymal Sperm Aspiration” and got 15 straws worth that are in storage. We let a few months pass for a few reasons. Then 6 weeks ago I had laparoscopy and hysterectomy done to remove the endometriosis, after that surgery I had problems ended up staying in hospital for 4 days instead of day surgery… Only 3 weeks after I was starting our first drug treatment for the ovarian stimulation phase, I was so worried I wouldn’t be able to do the injections myself but I done it. I was up there nearly second or third day for bloods, ultra sounds, to see the clinic nurse and then wait for the phone call in the afternoon with blood results and instruction on what to do next. 10 days after my injections started I was back in day surgery for the egg collection at 8am, which I was as nervous as hell about just hoping nothing went wrong this time and it didn’t. 3 days later (Monday 23 Sept 11) I was having an embryo transfer, I have been given Crinone (progesterone gel) until advise to stop.Now I just waiting for this Friday (7th Oct) to come so I can have bloods to we see if we’re pregnant or not. We only have 2 more embryo’s in storage before we have to do the whole drug treatment again. The staff at concept Subiaco are so friendly, helpful and caring, I’m glad we were referred to them. Hopefully because of their help we have a little bundle of joy soon.

Me (32) DF (51)
    1st IVF cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    im so pleased people get what im saying, was beginning to think i was a freek

oh and just to keep the record straight, by "not conceived with love" i really ment "not conceived by copious amounts of sex" which I guess in this day and age has not much to do with love either hahaaa

Has anyone seen the movie "if these walls could talk 2" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206036/ its got a great storyline between Sharon Stone and Ellen DeGeneres's characters (who are lesbians in the movie) who complain about their IVF procedure not being romantic enough. I guess i have always felt a bit like that.

and Rach22 - we have been saying the same thing as you for the past 3 years "we will be the best aunty and uncle ever invented" but its just not the same is it

I think I am ready for it, its just a scary "i have no real idea what is happening" feeling. But the idea of seeing our embryo on screen is pretty damn exciting! I didnt know you could do that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    CJWA - You certainly can! Some clinics give you a pics of it too, it's spinny!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our clinic email us a copy of the pic

Thanks
    Reviews
    So im starting my IVF journey, just began the syranel on the 21st...still scared but actually excited too. I think ive gotten over my previous scares about the who unnatural side to it, and come to the "you do what yo have to do" conclusion

Thanks
    Reviews
    ellymore - thanks for the tip!! I am going to make sure I keep my receipts to show the kids how much I do "Own" them and CAN very well tell them what to do!! I loved your post!!

cw - there is alot of good advice on here. I too believe that once you have that baby in your arms you will not give a second thought as to how they got there. I wish you the best of luck and hope you make the decision that is right for you and only you.I have been told IVF is against God's will a few times and I just laughed at those people as they have not walked in my shoes and doesn't God ask you to show compassion?I would have thought showing me compassion rather than berating me would be more appropriate. I did not choose to be in this position and neither did many others so why not make the best of the technology avaialble to us?I hope you think it all through and are at peace with your decision. As I said, there is some good advice on this thread and I hope it helps you. XXX

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The only thing that scares me about IVF is if it DOESN'T work! What then?
    I'm starting my first injections tomorrow which is exciting, but I am feeling negative already

I too find it hard sometimes that we weren't able to have a child the regular way. I feel hard done by because DH and I DO love eachother, but it sort of feels like our love wasn't enough to make a baby? I know it's stupid to feel that way, but we can't help the way we feel...

Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    OMG, sooo incredibly true! Lol. I just want the end result -- healthy babies. I don't care how it happens!

My DF and I were also saying the other night that if our future kids ever give us any of that "you don't love me/want me" crap when they're being brats, we can explain IVF to them (once they're old enough to understand), so they can see how badly we did want them and what we went through to bring them into the world. Meanwhile they probably won't give a toss, but they might find it interesting at least. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellymoe View Post
    Ahhaha! Sariele, I was planning the same thing! Andif our kids ever say "you don't own me!", I'll whip out the receipts I've kept from my IVF and say "Yes I do, I paid good money for you!"

I just LOVE these idea's and will be using this one too!!