+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD1 had one at 40 weeks - did nothing
    DD2 had 3 at 39-40-41 weeks - did nothing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With my 2nd bub born 8 weeks ago I had a s&s at 38+4 as an internal for suspected leak (turns out waters weren't leaking) showed I was 50% effaced and 2cm - apparently 'favourable' for s&s. Doc said 25% of women will go into labour within 24 hours if favourable. Not me! I had another one the following week at 39+4 (my cervix was exactly the same condition so akthoug the previous s&s had given me lots of prelabour it didn't eventuate into anything more) and that night I went into labour and had bub the next day. So I definately think the second one worked.

Also I found them uncomfortable but not really painful. My cervix was quite posterior (behind the babies head) so was difficult to reach with his fingers so that contributed to the discomfort.

Hope this helps :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one done at 39 weeks, they had said at the time of inserting the gel that I was softening and was 3cm.
    That night, I lost my plug, haven't had anything else happen, no tightenings, cramps, until today 2 days latter and I've gotten period cramps all day long. Am seeing the midwife and OB tom and they might do another one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 2 one at 39+2 and one at 40+2 and they did nothing - bub arrived on his own on Christmas Day!