+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    Yeh but that kinda the point, they marketing themselves as class to the unclassy. They have made their awfulness in attitude and style their point of difference, and it will appeal to some.
    If they were that desperate to get the attention and appease to a certain customer then its the wrong way to go about it, no one wants to step out in a dress with such negative connotations. I'm pretty sure they are now the laughing stock of fashion, sometimes bad publicity really is bad publicity.

Farmerwife is offline Excited & Nervous about being a mum for the first time in August :-)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What I would love to see is magazines pull their advertising rights. It would also be great to hear Katy perrys view or Kim kadashians especially since she is in retail then they will no the effects of bad publicity!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If it is staged, then it's the biggest backfire and won't do them any good. It certainly won't make them look "exclusive" or "high end", yanno you *actually* have to be exclusive and high end for that!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to brogeybear For This Useful Post:

Luna Lovegood  (30-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol what a bunch of douches! I cant believe their response! Not just to the woman who complained but then their public statement?! Outrageous! I haven't heard of them before now but I definitely will not be buying anything from their stores now anyway! Like most I have come across some pretty rude sales assistants before, but seriously, never anything like this!

Thanks for an entertaining start to the day ladies

PS I second going in there and wasting their time! Wish I lived in melbourne so I could! I bet there will be people who do! Lol!
    Last edited by sunnyd; 30-09-2011 at 08:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella978 View Post
    Haha chris made a "big mistake. Big. HUGE!!"
    OMG, I nearly snorted coffee through my nose after reading that....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gizmoduckus For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (30-09-2011)

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brogeybear View Post
    If it is staged, then it's the biggest backfire and won't do them any good. It certainly won't make them look "exclusive" or "high end", yanno you *actually* have to be exclusive and high end for that!
    the guy was on the today show this morning - and when asked if it was a publicity stunt, he said "no .. not from our end .. I dont know about hers... but I do thank her for all the customers that she has given us - our stores are packed" ... (or words to that effect) ... tbh .. I'm surprised the store hasn't been covered in graffiti .. or that women aren't holding signs out the front in disgust .. lol

clearly a group of self-important morons who think that women are only important if they are tiny, rich or both ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! I second the too much blow comment. Lol. Either that or chad and his retail assistant have a bit more than a professional work relationship. I can't believe anyone would write a reply like that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    24hrs ago they were known by noone, now the trending worldwide and sticking to the story that they are exclusive and only want exclusive customers. I think they wanted some wierd response that made them more appealing to a certain demo.
    I agree 100%. They wouldn't be STILL carrying on this way if they werent looking to achieve some notoriety.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyB View Post
    I agree 100%. They wouldn't be STILL carrying on this way if they werent looking to achieve some notoriety.
    yeh i don't get it - if it WASN'T intentional they would have attempted to make things better or at least keep quite. I don't nec think it will work or its smart but I do think it was intentional.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeh i don't get it - if it WASN'T intentional they would have attempted to make things better or at least keep quite. I don't nec think it will work or its smart but I do think it was intentional.
    Yep. Even if they didn't set out to use this as marketing, I think they're doing it now.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post: