+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Im so pleased to see you are still working on the breastfeeding. It can be a long hard road sometimes, but well done for getting this far. It is great to take it one day at a time, babies needs change, and the best thing is to always offer the breast first. For myself, I would just feed and feed, but if you have started to give regular formula and bub seems to be handleing that ok, keep giving the breast first at all times, and a small top up with the formula. Keep your sanity, and relax, dont let the weight charts cause you too much concern. hugs, marie.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (26-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    Im so pleased to see you are still working on the breastfeeding. It can be a long hard road sometimes, but well done for getting this far. It is great to take it one day at a time, babies needs change, and the best thing is to always offer the breast first. For myself, I would just feed and feed, but if you have started to give regular formula and bub seems to be handleing that ok, keep giving the breast first at all times, and a small top up with the formula. Keep your sanity, and relax, dont let the weight charts cause you too much concern. hugs, marie.
    The relax part is the hardest! I'm so stressed out with dd's weight, her tummy troubles and unsettled behaviour, plus now the whole dairy/soy-free diet on top of that. DH is worried about me and is concerned that BF is doing more harm than good with everything I have to do to keep it going.

DD was 12 weeks yesterday so I made it to my goal! Trying to focus on that.

We just got an urgent spot at tresillian for tomorrow so we're going back for another 4 night stay. I'm really looking forward to having the support around me and getting things back on track a bit.

I'm still going to slowly wean DD, now that I've persevered for 3 months and done everything I can to give her as good a start as I could, I think I need to give myself permission to move on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been stalking this thread for ages and just wanted to say that you are such an inspiration for those out there having similar troubles

Congrats on making it to your goal! You should be so proud of yourself!!

Good luck with everything and make sure you look after yourself. Your daughter is so lucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumtoeli View Post
    I've been stalking this thread for ages and just wanted to say that you are such an inspiration for those out there having similar troubles

Congrats on making it to your goal! You should be so proud of yourself!!

Good luck with everything and make sure you look after yourself. Your daughter is so lucky
    That's so nice to say, I often cry thinking that she was unlucky to get me as a mum. I keep thinking she needs someone stronger... And with better milk-filled boobs!

I hope other people reading this and going through the same thing can at least see they're not the only one. I don't feel like I've coped particularly well but we've come this far!

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    The relax part is the hardest! I'm so stressed out with dd's weight, her tummy troubles and unsettled behaviour, plus now the whole dairy/soy-free diet on top of that. DH is worried about me and is concerned that BF is doing more harm than good with everything I have to do to keep it going.
    DD was 12 weeks yesterday so I made it to my goal! Trying to focus on that.

We just got an urgent spot at tresillian for tomorrow so we're going back for another 4 night stay.

I'm still going to slowly wean DD, now that I've persevered for 3 months and done everything I can to give her as good a start as I could, I think I need to give myself permission to move on.
    You know what, you amaze me! I think you are absolutely right in what you are saying; and in particular the statements I have made bold. I have been in your situation, and tried EVERYTHING (including the Supply Line). Sometimes breastfeeding is so traumatic, that it may be best for both you and your little one to move on. It can take a while to come to terms with the emotions related to that situation, but you are likely to have so much time in the future to make other great parenting decisions.

Three months is amazing, considering where you started, and you deserve so many and and (I could go on!)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi cue, all the best for the four day stay, I hope you feel really rested, and that they give you some strong support. You have done a great job getting to 12 wks, I bet at your first post, 12 wks seemed like ages away. Adjusting your diet might not be so difficult, would finding formula to suit be harder?? easier?? You are a wonderful mum, and what ever you decide to do, your baby will be better for having had the breastfeeding for this time. You are strong and capable of anything, remember that. hugs Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MuminMind View Post
    You know what, you amaze me! I think you are absolutely right in what you are saying; and in particular the statements I have made bold. I have been in your situation, and tried EVERYTHING (including the Supply Line). Sometimes breastfeeding is so traumatic, that it may be best for both you and your little one to move on. It can take a while to come to terms with the emotions related to that situation, but you are likely to have so much time in the future to make other great parenting decisions.

Three months is amazing, considering where you started, and you deserve so many and and (I could go on!)
    Thanks! I feel a little better about things today and doing my best to focus on positive things.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    hi cue, all the best for the four day stay, I hope you feel really rested, and that they give you some strong support. You have done a great job getting to 12 wks, I bet at your first post, 12 wks seemed like ages away. Adjusting your diet might not be so difficult, would finding formula to suit be harder?? easier?? You are a wonderful mum, and what ever you decide to do, your baby will be better for having had the breastfeeding for this time. You are strong and capable of anything, remember that. hugs Marie.
    We already have a formula that was prescribed by the paed at the children's hospital last week - it's called Neocate LCP and is only available on prescrition. It has the proteins broken down so is used for babies with allergies and intolerances. Because it's prescription only its also cheaper than normal formula because it's subsidised. She gets this for her top-ups and one or two feeds per day. The powder smells like pancakes so that makes me feel better about giving it to her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Cue,

Can I just say that you have done such a great job and you are obviously an extremely dedicated mother to have gone through all of this and still be breastfeeding. You must be so proud of yourself to have reached your goal. I also had serious supply issues but probably would have thrown my hands up if there were allergies/intolerances as well.

Just in terms of your concerns re the supply line in public...I did it in public occasionally, usually in a parents room so I had a bit of privacy. I tended to feed before or after going out. If things were desperate, I'd feed with just boob while out and then do the sns top up when I got home. Also remember, as bubs gets older, she won't be feeding constantly and you'll have a more predictable routine so you can time feeds around outings.

All the best for your stay at Tresillian. I hope that you can work together to find a system that works for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    That's so nice to say, I often cry thinking that she was unlucky to get me as a mum. I keep thinking she needs someone stronger... And with better milk-filled boobs!
    Never think that!! You are more than strong enough!! 'Milk filled boobs' don't make a great mum

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MilkiCuddles For This Useful Post:

Izy  (01-11-2011),MuminMind  (28-10-2011)

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just one small suggestion about the green poo. Probiotics, friendly gut bacteria, have been shown to help babies with colic symptoms. Most babies with colic in one study got better within a week of being given lactobacillus reuterii. My daughter had similar issues following antibiotics, she was windy, grumpy and had green mucous poo. I took some blackmore's probiotics with l. Reuterii and gave some to her, and she was better in a week. It was really a huge relief, because up til then I'd been cutting out dairy and it hadn't helped one little bit. Here's where I found that:
    http://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bfinfo/colic.html