+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi guys. Still pretty new to this site. We are TTC in December. Not by choice!! I have been with DF for 6 years and engaged for 2. Im 28, will be 29 in a few months. No plans to get married. We are both work-a-holics who can't say no to anything, sport, committees etc. No kids at the moment. The negative of my job is the long hours but the benefit is that the maternity leave benefits are amazing!!

So was planning on TTC now, stopped taking the OCP after 10 years, been taking my multi vitamins for 3 months already, we have had a few unprotected sxc times (ha love that word!!) a few times in the last week but just got doctors results from pre conception tests and found out both my rubella and chicken pox antibodies are super low. Just had a jab and need a booster in 6 weeks, then have to wait 4 weeks till it's safe to TTC. That takes me pretty much to Xmas. I'm so impatient but doctors orders were to STOP trying and just wait it out. Apart from that I'm ready to go! Super healthy, good diet and am in a healthy weight range due to recent weight loss.

But this should give me time to work out my cycle length and we will just use condoms in the meantime. If I have a normal 28 day cycle I am due for ovulation. I have had ridiculous stomach cramps and a sore back for the last 2 days. Kind of worried that I may be pregnant (unlikely!!) but hoping they are just ovulation symptoms. I'm charting these symptoms so I can actually work out what my body is telling me!!

I look forward to taking this journey with you all!!
    Last edited by lolz83; 13-10-2011 at 21:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lolz!

Welcome!!! good luck with TTC when the time comes!

Is there anyone still lurking around???

Cmon ladies! I need someone to keep me occupied before I decide to jump DH early and end utd! Lmao!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dannii, I am in the same position! Down to 5 weeks of pills left and it would just be so easy not to take them!!
    But am going to wait! Just wondering if any of you are going to be TTC your second are you guys going to get new prams etc? Always said I would use the one we have (a strider plus) as we aren't the richest of people but now really want to get a new one! Does places like bubs/mothercare etc do layby?
    Hope we are all coping well with the wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey mum2alex1, you remind me of when i had 4 weeks left of the pill to take too, but decided to hell with it, and chucked them out. so 2 weeks later DD was conceived!! much to my hubby's surprise, as were 4 months off getting married and he thought it would take way longer. i say chuck em out and see what happens too......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lolz83 View Post
    Hi guys. Still pretty new to this site. We are TTC in December. Not by choice!! I have been with DF for 6 years and engaged for 2. Im 28, will be 29 in a few months. No plans to get married. We are both work-a-holics who can't say no to anything, sport, committees etc. No kids at the moment. The negative of my job is the long hours but the benefit is that the maternity leave benefits are amazing!!

So was planning on TTC now, stopped taking the OCP after 10 years, been taking my multi vitamins for 3 months already, we have had a few unprotected sxc times (ha love that word!!) a few times in the last week but just got doctors results from pre conception tests and found out both my rubella and chicken pox antibodies are super low. Just had a jab and need a booster in 6 weeks, then have to wait 4 weeks till it's safe to TTC. That takes me pretty much to Xmas. I'm so impatient but doctors orders were to STOP trying and just wait it out. Apart from that I'm ready to go! Super healthy, good diet and am in a healthy weight range due to recent weight loss.

But this should give me time to work out my cycle length and we will just use condoms in the meantime. If I have a normal 28 day cycle I am due for ovulation. I have had ridiculous stomach cramps and a sore back for the last 2 days. Kind of worried that I may be pregnant (unlikely!!) but hoping they are just ovulation symptoms. I'm charting these symptoms so I can actually work out what my body is telling me!!

I look forward to taking this journey with you all!!
    Welcome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dannii83 View Post
    Hokey pokey- hahaha! Omg! U cracked me up big time then... Bargaining with a bit of sexy time usually works for me !!! Lol

Smiley - know how ya feel lovey! We're talking about putting TTC on the back burner for a bit longer too yet. I hate that we might have to, but it probably would be the best thing for us so we're completely ready to welcome no.4 into the world. I did the same as you lol - realized how close December actually is and flipped out went into a huge panic!!! Lmao!!!

Well my period showed up today so that means 1 more cycle left now! :S

I so want to in December just not completely sure if well be completely ready - although we do have the 9 mths of pregnancy too don't we???
    Heheheheheh :P

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I understand the whole stop me from jumping DH line, I can't stand using contraception when in a relationship so just avoid DTD around O time extremely difficult as it's usually the only time I feel like it. But I have to focus on getting my op done so I can finally get on with a painless life, well more relatively painless anyway.

Taking on Auto correct one embarrassing mistake at a time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, contraception when in a relationship really I a pain in the ay-hole! Condoms are by far the worst I wreckon! Takes all the intimacy out of it!!! We're all eagerly waiting... Waiting... Waiting... Lol won't DP get a rude shock when it comes time for "go" hahaha!!! Don't think my hubby will believe it!!! Lol.

Anyone else around still are we all still waiting til december or are there some who aren't now??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dannii83 View Post
    Yeah, contraception when in a relationship really I a pain in the ay-hole! Condoms are by far the worst I wreckon! Takes all the intimacy out of it!!! We're all eagerly waiting... Waiting... Waiting... Lol won't DP get a rude shock when it comes time for "go" hahaha!!! Don't think my hubby will believe it!!! Lol.

Anyone else around still are we all still waiting til december or are there some who aren't now??
    Yeah they put a real dampner on things hey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah were off the waiting band wagon. Just another week till I get my results (at the longest) and then we are officially TTC!! How many of us are going to be first time mummies and how many are doing this for the second time. Glad to see your all around still and hope your ok with me staying in the group even tho were cheating a little and not waiting. Not to long for the rest of you tho