+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Just a quick question about Dr Prosser's fees.

I noticed there is a fee schedule for private patients on the hillsobstetrics website. So if I have PHI and would like to deliver at Mercer then is this the applicable fee structure?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is correct, you can call mead medical for any fee information you want to know :-)

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Raff View Post
    That is correct, you can call mead medical for any fee information you want to know :-)

Thanks Raff!

Hope you don't mind me asking, but were you out of pocket very much using Hills? Also did they do their scans at Mercy? And were the fees reasonable?

I haven't TTC yet, we are planning to next year. I currently have PHI to cover obs, however, it just seems so expensive i'm trying to see whether it is worth the price

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's ok!

I have only so far paid for consultations which I think were about $60 odd which is part refunded through Medicare. My next appt is at 21 weeks and I will have to pay for Management of Pregnancy Past 20 Weeks which is about $300 from memory...

Not sure how your health insurance works but I have obstetric cover, Dr Prosser has full cover for in-hospital fees but you still have to pay for any Anaesthetic/anaesthetist (if you get an epidural for example), and for consultations outside of the hospital. Dr Prosser doesn't do C-Sections at Mercy (only at Bentley) so you can't have an elective CS with him at Mercy and if you need an emergency CS then another doctor will have to do it.

All of the consultations are through Mead Medical where his offices are at, either Forrestfield or Kalamunda which you can choose your preference. Hills Obstetrics as I understand it is just the circle of doctors at Mead that have banded together to promote their obstetric services (as they are also regular GPs)

The ultrasounds are done at Perth Radiology Clinic, Dr Prosser gives you the referrals for you to go to your nearest branch. He also has a portable ultrasound machine so most consultations he gives a quick scan also.

He will ask you at your first consult if you want to birth at Mercy or Bentley so just tell him Mercy and he will write that into your notes, then he will book you in when you reach 20 weeks.

Hope that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just re-read your post... the scans you have to pay for separately, they are around $120 each but it depends which branch you go to I think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dr Prosser is warm and friendly, highly recommend!
    Just a shame he cant do c section at Mercy, however another Ob can deliver and Dr Prosser assists. Not sure why this is though?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The way he explained it is that he "can" do them because he does them at Bentley, but he's just not allowed to at Mercy, probably because of something like he's not covered by their insurance for c/s or something? Trays what I'd imagine to be the reason...