+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sunnybank Private Hospital (QLD)

Has anyone recently given birth in Sunnybank private hospital? I would be very interested to know about your experience & what your room was room like? Did you get your own room? bathroom? double bed? I am pretty set on using Sunnybank private for my 1st in April next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm due in May, and would be really interested to hear any opinions about Sunnybank Private too. I'm currently trying to do some research about the obs who work there, their fees, and approaches ... DD1 was born at the Mater Public, as our private health for obs kicked in a week after her due date

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't given birth there but have several friends who have.

It's very modern (either a fairly new hospital or recently done up). Rooms are lovely, own bathroom, own fridge, own TV, normal hospital bed that goes up and down (I don't think any hospital has double beds, they have to have the proper hospital ones). The room has a couch type thing which folds out into a sofa for your partner. According to my friends, the food is AMAZING!

You can do tours of the maternity ward, every private hospital offers it. Just phone them and find out when you can go.

Don't know anything about specific OB's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks Mill
    i've booked in with Dr Heng Tang, who delivers at Sunnybank Private. My first obs appt with him is next Friday, we will be just shy of 10weeks then. I've also heard good things about the food, and the rooms that a couple of friends have used did look good.
    the hospital said 25 out of their 27 rooms are private. so they do try to plan for everyone to have a private room, but if you get a joint room normally it's for 1 night before someone else is discharged. i hope to spend a few nights in again, but will see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the feedback. My GP's baby was recently born at Sunnybank private so he is going to refer me to his Ob, really need to go and see my GP soon and get booked in with my ob. Coming up 14 weeks now and getting nervous I will be too late! I have only heard good things about Sunnybank private so pretty confident I will have a comfortable stay but will go and do a tour somewhere along the track just so I can have piece of mind

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, i have had both my babies there, one April 10 and one 6 weeks ago. I can tecommend Heng Tang highly enough! He is the most amazing doctor.

With my first i had a room with a normal hospital bed and a fold out lounge and my second i had a queen size bed. If you have a ceasar then you will have no choice but a hospital bed. There is only 2 rooms that have more than 1 bed in there and if all of the othet rooms ate full then you will be put in one of them and moved as soon as they have a private room.

Also apart from 1 midwife all of them are beautiful, kind, caring and best of all they have amazing patience.

I will definately be going back to Heng and Sunnybank for my next one!

If you want anymore info on anything just ask! :-)

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think if you search bubhub for "sunnybank private' you will find quite a few threads on the topic, and I dont remember any bad feedback tbh.

I had both my boys there, and would happily go back there for any surgery I needed. The middies are just beautiful people .. the rooms are lovely (even the small ones are fine) I had my own bar fridge, and own bathroom both times (and I had c-sections .. so I was there for a week .. so it was really nice to have my own ROOM .. and space for myself and my little man each time.

good luck with your pregnancy and birth ..

xx
    Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is there baths or showers for during labour?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like previous poster I cant rave enough about sunnybank! I had a huge room with double bed
    Yes there are baths and showers in the birth suites..... I found both very helpful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'd recommend doing a tour of the maternity ward if you're considering it sealed the deal for me! i'm 36 weeks and spent a night in there last week with false 'spurious' labour at 3minute contractions!! :-/ the staff were absolutely wonderful, albeit surprised we didn't meet our bundle the next day. good luck.