+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wannabb,
    Sorry about your m/c so unfair. I take doxycycline 100mg 1x day I also use clexane and baby asprin. I used this protocol for my last cycle and got a bfp but had low hcg levels and m/c at 5 wks. Trying the same again with pregnyl added as luteal support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks luckychance. I agree it sux big time but the positive is I know i can get pregnant now. I am telling myself this time I will ahve twins so wont be 3 months behind I will be 12 months ahead as want 2 kidlets

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    sorry to hear of your losses.

for my successful cycle i was on pregnyl (day 3,6,9,12 and 16), prog pessaries, heparin (similar to clexane) till week 16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear about your m/c wanabb, I hope you get your twins . Can I ask what dose your FS put you on and when you're supposed to start taking it. I am winging it a bit here, so I'm playing detective LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Riversong- I am winging it a bit too. I have been using FS in Tas who never recommended it but did 1 cycle with very progressive FS in qld earlier this year who prescribed 10 mg from day 1. I have heard of people using from 5-25mg from 5 days only to 12-16 weeks if BFP. I think I will take 10- 12.5 mg and for at least 12 weeks if BFP. I have given up on my eggs and using donor eggs in south Africa when i got my first BFP. The donor was 25 so quality is excellent so want to cover the bases of being autoimmune or clotting problem with me that caused mc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks wannabb, seems like we're in sort of the same boat. I am taking low dose aspirin in case of clotting issues - have been tested and haven't found any, but was taking aspirin when I got my BFP two years ago so doing it again this time, just in case it had something to do with it. Ditto re autoimmune stuff. Have you had the ANA test? Despite being quite allergic to about 1000 things my tests came back okay (much to my FS surprise) but they've ruled out everything else and its about all that's left so I figure the prednisolone has to be worth a try and FS and other Drs say it won't do any harm. Nothing ventured, nothing gained eh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot to mention that DH takes the antibiotic as well for a few days before epu. I have unexplained infertility and after 5 years of icsi FS giving everything try.
    Wannabb did you use Tasivf when in tassie? Thats where I go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckychance - yep used tasivf. Bill is great but not overly proactive but I do have old eggs so only so much can be done. He did agree with things if I suggested them but only really likes to go with things with scientific backup.

Riversong- I have recently had ANA test but don't see her for results til end nov as on holidays. Will try to get results before then but will take stuff anyway. I have pretty bad hayfever and sinusitis as well as very occasional mild skin allergies. Not allergic to foods or drugs though. Would be handy to be allergic to potato chips.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey there, just finished reading the thread, and with me, transfer 18 & 19 where BFP but low hcg or chemical with prednisone for 5 days only, so they stuck with its help, then for transfer 20 i got a BFP with 25mg prednisone and continued it till week 12 where i weened off it, and button is doing perfectly, after 5 years, i totally think prednisone did it, before then i never got a BFP. i also took clexane & aspirin ( which I'm still on) and pregnyl for luteal support, and progesterone...we threw everything at this cycle and have succeeded
    i know what ill be doing for our second baby.
    i have PCOS and all bloods come back normal.

hope that helps, and goodluck in ure journey

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katiana For This Useful Post:

luckychance29  (27-09-2011),RiverSong  (26-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Katiana, firstly congratulaions on your bfp you must be thrilled after so many transfers to finally have your bfp. I am currently doing cycle number 29 and on only 10mg of prednisolone a day plus all the other medications you mentioned, if it doesn't work this time I will definitely be asking to up my dose next time around.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to luckychance29 For This Useful Post:

katiana  (15-06-2012)