+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Diagnosed with PCOS yesterday - Metformin question

Hi ladies,

I should introduce myself, I'm 25, DH is 26, we're being TTCing since Feb. My GP noticed in some blood tests that I might have PCOS so she sent me to a gyno. So yesterday it was confirmed by the gyno.

I was given Metformin, Clomid and Provera. I won't start taking the Provera until the end of next week (I may have actually naturally ovulated this month as I have a clear BBT rise 7 days ago). Gyno gave me a blood test to check for pregnancy late next week, if not, start Provera.

Then I take Clomid from CD2 - CD6 and my cycle tracking with the fertility clinic start on CD10.

I can't remember when he said I can start taking the Metformin. I am assuming immediately its taken all cycle? I thought if I start it tonight, I know what symptoms are from Metformin and which are from Provera/ Clomid.

My questions is.... did you start your Metformin straight away or waiting until the beginning of your next cycle?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I also have pcos and Am ttc #1
    I take both clomid and metformin..
    I'm on 1500mg of metformin daily.
    U can start the metformin straight away- symptoms I have had with metformin are : nausea, diarrhea and headaches but they do go away after a few weeks!!!!
    I have heard taking both metformin and clomid helps ovulation sometimes better then clomid on it's own......
    Best of luck on your journey - I am nearing the end of my second cycle of clomid but doubt it worked this month

Thanks
    Reviews
    The symptoms came on so quickly for me!! They are horrible, I hope they only last a few weeks for me as well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Blackduck!!

I was told to gradually increase the metformin dose!! Or you will get loads of "Metformin moments"... Im up to 1500 a day now (taken me 3 months), and lucky slowly increasing dramatically decreased side effects, but I still can't get up to 2000 cause it makes me !!!

I have heard the same as Teetee, literature suggests a higher chance of pregnancy with using metformin in conjunction with clomid, compared to clomid on its own!

Mam xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi blackduck,

I also just started metformin 2 nights ago and hating it... So sick and dizy.
    Hope it goes away, I don't know if conceiving is worth it at the moment.
    My sisters wedding is next week and I can hardly get out and about😔